LA
✟7,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone! I’m new to forums so this is the first time I’m ever posting on one. The reason I joined is because when I was younger, my teacher always scared us little kids about being bad and going to hell, so I asked her, “how do I go to heaven?” She never gave me much answer except for “just follow the 10 commandments.” Now that I’m older, I’m thinking more now and it doesn’t really make sense to me that I only have to follow 10 simple commandments when the Bible is more than 1000 pages. What are everyone else’s thoughts? Thank you :)

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello TiffuTofu,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. If you can obey the Ten perfectly and yield to the two Great Commandments, you will know Jesus.

View attachment 283857
6e9bc8edb91dd8a57a4e1f3daa219b9c.gif

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello, welcome to CF. If you want to guarantee your spot in Heaven you only have to do one simple thing. Just one,.. that's it. Read this verse and then believe what it says. Okay, so maybe that's actually considered two things but it's extremely simple all the same. :) Jesus already did all of the hard work for you so all you have to do now is believe upon His name. :D John 3:16

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone! I’m new to forums so this is the first time I’m ever posting on one. The reason I joined is because when I was younger, my teacher always scared us little kids about being bad and going to hell, so I asked her, “how do I go to heaven?” She never gave me much answer except for “just follow the 10 commandments.” Now that I’m older, I’m thinking more now and it doesn’t really make sense to me that I only have to follow 10 simple commandments when the Bible is more than 1000 pages. What are everyone else’s thoughts? Thank you :)

Welcome to the forum ;o)

Make it a point to get to know the Lord through His written Word. Through it and His work of the Holy Spirit in you .... your relationship with Him becomes a very deep personal experience. Spend time with Him every day.

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Being a Christian means having faith in Jesus Christ.
A starting point needs to be the Gospel message.

• All people sin - miss the mark.

• Sin separates us from God. We fall short of God’s standard.

• You need to know that you sin. The Bible shows us what sin is.

• Sin brings judgement. Doing good in our own efforts won’t help us.

• For our sins to be forgiven we need to respond and repent – confess our sins, say sorry, ask for forgiveness and turn from our sins and turn to Christ.

• When Jesus died on the cross, He took our sins. He also took our sinfulness on Him. He forgave our sins and dealt with our SINFUL NATURE. Our sins are forgiven if we respond to Christ.

• When we turn to Christ completely we become BORN AGAIN. Christ lives in us, we are to remain in Him.

• We receive the Holy Spirit. We become a new creation. We are made new in Christ’s righteousness, not our own. This is a free gift of God, by grace.

• We just need to receive and accept the gift by faith and believe and trust the Lord completely.

• JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED.

• God has given us a free gift to be saved by His grace.

• To know more we need to read the Bible, and talk to God (Father, Son - (Jesus) and Holy Spirit) – pray.

• Christ will regenerate you – and show you how to be more like Him. The Bible shows us this – it is the only guide to life.

• Follow Jesus Christ alone – know Him more in the Bible. The Holy Spirit then helps us in all this. Believe and trust in Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello TIffuTofu
Welcome to the forums.
Might I recommend reading one of the gospels. There is an excellent film available which I strongly recommend. It is called The Gospel of John (2003 version) which is word by word narrative from John's gospel.

Upvote 0

Joey Brown

Aug 30, 2020
West Coast
✟8,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello! :) Yes, your teacher may not have had a full knowledge of the Bible per say, but that's okay. I know of some great opportunities to better learn the word in depth if you were ever interested in learning more!

Upvote 0