Colorado
✟16,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am new here. I grew up in going to several denominations, Baptist, Charismatic and Evangelical, however because of unresolved childhood abuse I walked away from all of it. I have slowly began to meander back by way of history. I have been studying the Patristic age with the goal of understanding where the church stated up till now. I am currently reading A History of Penance by Oscar D Watkins. I have a lot of questions about the orthodox view and how that has morphed and changed in the reformation. I look forward to conversing with many of you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am new here. I grew up in going to several denominations, Baptist, Charismatic and Evangelical, however because of unresolved childhood abuse I walked away from all of it. I have slowly began to meander back by way of history. I have been studying the Patristic age with the goal of understanding where the church stated up till now. I am currently reading A History of Penance by Oscar D Watkins. I have a lot of questions about the orthodox view and how that has morphed and changed in the reformation. I look forward to conversing with many of you.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey there welcome. Are you presently going to church?

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,098.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not. I worry about being hurt again.
What happened?
Not to be callous but Everybody is hurting and being hurt, Typically the hurt, hurt others.

We are called to come together and worship. The issue when we don't is we do not get nourished by the rest of the body. And they lack what we have to offer through the gifts that God has given us. Forums like this are nice and we can share but they are not a replacement, though they can be part of one's ministry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hello :wave:
Welcome to CF. I’m sorry to hear of all of the hurt you’ve experienced.
I can understand being cautious.
Hopefully, being here with us...can somehow help you heal at least a little bit, from any trauma and fear that it’s causing you to attend church or any fellowship.

It takes time.
Sending hugs,
L4H

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 12, 2023
Colorado
✟16,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What happened?
Not to be callous but Everybody is hurting and being hurt, Typically the hurt, hurt others.

We are called to come together and worship. The issue when we don't is we do not get nourished by the rest of the body. And they lack what we have to offer through the gifts that God has given us. Forums like this are nice and we can share but they are not a replacement, though they can be part of one's ministry.
I was sexually molested in 2 different churches. You are correct that everyone is hurting and being hurt, I don't want to go through that again. I also have no desire to hear all about how I was at fault or partly at fault. I know that sounds harsh and unrepentant but it is what it is.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was sexually molested in 2 different churches.

That is beyond terrible and a hard thing to get past. I assume you never reported it to the civil authorities and if that is the case I understand why someone (I) would not. Though I wish you would have. You have your age at 51. What a hard thing to get through by yourself. Are you or have you been in counseling with a Christian psychologist?
I also have no desire to hear all about how I was at fault or partly at fault. I know that sounds harsh and unrepentant but it is what it is.
I assume you are female if I am wrong I apologize. Considering the era we grew up I can see why you would think that you would be told that. In counseling the last thing a therapist is going to tell someone that is hurt psychologically is they are at fault. Pastors and what not, should have psychological training but they are not trained enough to be therapist. I pray that you seek help with this. May God continue to be with you as you continue. May His love, wisdom and peace flood your soul. That the ministry that He has given you be fruitful in bringing others to His loving arms in the healing that He wants you to have and others through you. amen

Upvote 0
May 12, 2023
Colorado
✟16,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is beyond terrible and a hard thing to get past. I assume you never reported it to the civil authorities and if that is the case I understand why someone (I) would not. Though I wish you would have. You have your age at 51. What a hard thing to get through by yourself. Are you or have you been in counseling with a Christian psychologist?

I assume you are female if I am wrong I apologize. Considering the era we grew up I can see why you would think that you would be told that. In counseling the last thing a therapist is going to tell someone that is hurt psychologically is they are at fault. Pastors and what not, should have psychological training but they are not trained enough to be therapist. I pray that you seek help with this. May God continue to be with you as you continue. May His love, wisdom and peace flood your soul. That the ministry that He has given you be fruitful in bringing others to His loving arms in the healing that He wants you to have and others through you. amen
Thank you for saying that. I have been to Christian counseling years ago, if I could afford it I would go back. Your assumptions are correct. The first time I went to my mom and nothing ever came of it.

• Friendly
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for saying that. I have been to Christian counseling years ago, if I could afford it I would go back. Your assumptions are correct. The first time I went to my mom and nothing ever came of it.
The government has programs that can help with costs. And there are groups like RAINN, PANDORA PROJECT, NSVRC. So please continue with counseling and or group. Prayers my friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums