Visit site
✟15,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, knowing just anything doesn't imply enlightenment. Seeing the brethren and the love of God in them doesn't enlighten you. Only the Holy Spirit can do that... Also, coming into contact with believers doesn't make you a partaker of the Holy Spirit. If you examine the decriptions, I'm sure you'd agree that he's definitely talking about saved people... But, we're repeating ourselves. ;)

God bless.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mellymel,

We let words say more than they actually say sometimes.
Enlighten is an earthly process. We enlighten truths using God's word, we illuminate scripture, it's a process not needed by God. Think on it,
ISA 40:14 Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him,

and who taught him the right way?

Who was it that taught him knowledge

or showed him the path of understanding?

The word enlighten is the teaching process we all have in our churches. God writes His law on the hearts of His saints while at the same time calls teachers to illuminate His word. We can be taught and still not have the law written on the heart, that is an act of God alone.

We can agree to disagree, I have made my case and you have made yours. We come from different teachers. One day we will find out which of our truths is true.

Blessings to you brother and may God richly bless your ministry.

Upvote 0

mellymell

Nov 26, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
Visit site
✟15,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by s0uljah
mellymel-

Also, we must remember that what is impossible for us, is not impossible for God. We cant enlighten an apostate, but God can. :)

Well, when the Bible says "impossible", I think it means impossible... Not that God can't do it, but since He won't push His will on anyone, then He won't do it, so again it's impossible. But, the main point of our disagreement is that I think this is referring to apostates, but Eldermike (and others, I'm sure) thinks it's referring to people who weren't saved to begin with.
------------------------------------
God bless you as well Eldermike... It's been "enlightening" ;)  I'm sure we'll have to opportuity to discuss other issues in the near future, maybe even on the same side :clap:

Upvote 0

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
jephunna

why is it that you either cannot or refuse to expound on your own beleifs? if you are the christian you need to be doesnt the bible tell you to be ready to give an answer to all who ask a question?
one such as me? if you are true in doctrine then you should be ready and willing to explain it to me and prove it to me, or else do not be dogmatic about it, if you cannot quickly explain something and prove it, then why are you so quick to proclaim that it is the only truth?

salvation now is exactly the same as salvation in the tribulation!
and i can use scripture to prove this and am fully willing to do so unlike yourself.

acts 2.19-21
19, and i will show wonders in heavon above and sighns in the earth beneath: blood and fire smoke and vapor.
20, the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the lord come.

(THIS IS SURELY SPEAKING OF THE TIME OF THE TRIBULATION, DIRECTLY BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD WHICH IS THE SECOND ADVENT)

21, AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

THERE IS NO TIME IN THE FUTURE NOR WAS THEIR IN THE PAST WHEN A PERSON COULD NOT SIMPLY CALL OUT TO GOD BY FAITH IN GRACE AND BE SAVED. people will be saved the same in the tribulation just as they are now.
as long as their are sinners to repent, their will always be the holyspirit present to save them if they will simply call on God.
the theory that the holyspirit will not be upon the earth in the tribulation is a lie, the church may not be present, but men who work in the power of the holyspirit will, people will be saved proving the spirit is present, and there are actions of the spirit on the earth during this time recorded in scripture.
salvation now and then are no diffrent.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.