Drummer For Thresh-Hold
Jul 6, 2008
pontiac, MI
✟7,763.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
How many here like heavy metal? What are your favorite heavy metal bands?
I love heavy metal and will tell you my favorite metal bands after you tell me yours.

i LOVE demon hunter. and i love metal but lately i find myslfe more into skillet and thousand foot krutch

Upvote 0
V

Vehementi Dominus

I live for metal.

I prefer Thrash and Black Metal.

My all-time favourite band is Onslaught, saw them live a while back and was in the single most brutal pit I've ever been in. They're workin' on a new album, right now.

Next, at the moment, I'm pretty addicted to Venom. These dudes are thrash to the core, but their 3rd album, Metal Black, spawned the sub-genre Black Metal. They're a good 30 years old, older than Metallica and Slayer, who've supported Venom in the past. Their lyrics are very tounge in cheek, a lot of their lyrics are written like they are jus' 'cause it sounds kewl.

Destruction own live, I saw them when they were headlining the Onslaught gig.

Evile are a fairly new band, but I feel they carry the sound of what Thrash should be very well.

Kreator are a pretty old band. I like their style, it's pretty chilled out, as far as Thrash goes.

Xentrix Another old band, sadly no longer playing anymore.

'Senough Thrash for the moment.

I'ma have to be careful with Black Metal bands, here, but Marduk are my favourite. Sadly, I can't supply you with a link 'cause it'll be deleted by the Municipality, but I HIGHLY recommend checking out World Funeral and Nightwing.

Carpathian Forest are kewl, they don't really take themselves too seriously.

Gorgoroth are pretty twisted. :)

Ok, unless you ask for more, that's enough f'now. Otherwise I'll be posting Metal bands forever. That, and I won't even be able to post the names of most BlackMetal bands on here. If you want more Black Metal, though, Jus' PM me.

Reactions: dhornace
Upvote 0

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a fan of heavy metal... I don't listen to secular metal, just because of what it promotes, but I do listen to unblack metal, which is basically Christian black metal

Vakevandring
Elgibbor
Antestor
Slechtvalk
Crimson Moonlight
Horde
Hortor

just to name a few...

some really good stuff out there

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How many here like heavy metal? What are your favorite heavy metal bands?
I love heavy metal and will tell you my favorite metal bands after you tell me yours.
Me, I spent my adolescence in the late 70s and 80s...the birth of heavy metal. I grew up on such pioneers as Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne, Dio, and Whitesnake. Then Americans produced the guitar wielding phemon...Van Halen, and I was hooked. My favorites are the favorites I grew up on, the ones mentioned about, plus German groups like the Scorpions, Accept, and Michael Schenker. American bands like Testament, Metallica, Queensryche, Ratt, Dokken, Motley Crue, filled out my repetoire. I also dug pop metal like Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Quiet Riot, Y&T, Poison, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat, Winger, Slaughter, Europe, White Lion, Great White, Hanoi Rocks.

I currently dig Black Label Society/Zakk Wylde, Korn, Tool, Godsmack.

I just can't get into the who black metal/death metal/avant garde stuff like Celtic Frost, Slayer, Lamb of God, Cradle of Filth, King Diamond, etc... Way too dark adn I like to be able to hear and understand the lyrics I'm listening to, although I LOVE listening to Buckethead jam.

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not heavy, but Stryper is one of my favorite bands. :D
Yaaaaaa.....I have been to no less than 7 Stryper concerts in my life. Got hook on their "Yellow and Black Attack" all the way up to "Reborn". Michael Sweet is currently recording and touring with legendary American rock band Boston.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedNoma

Apr 2, 2008
Kentucky
✟7,753.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
ScottBot - Is that Hugh Laurie in your avatar?

I do.

Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Trivium, Fear Factory, Underoath, Bullet for my Valentine

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ScottBot - Is that Hugh Laurie in your avatar?

I do.

Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Trivium, Fear Factory, Underoath, Bullet for my Valentine
Yes. Hugh Laurie, in the characature of Dr. Greg House, is the international symbol for those who can no longer tolerate stupidity and seek to root it out wherever it is found. These brave warriors for truth, honesty and integrity are known as curmudgeons. Join us.

Upvote 0

RedNoma

Apr 2, 2008
Kentucky
✟7,753.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. Hugh Laurie, in the characature of Dr. Greg House, is the international symbol for those who can no longer tolerate stupidity and seek to root it out wherever it is found. These brave warriors for truth, honesty and integrity are known as curmudgeons. Join us.

Cool. House is one of my favorite shows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's not heavy metal. That's terrible metalcore! :)

metalCORE? heh. is that like... "NU-Metal" ?

I don't know. I think I'm starting to get OUT of metal. Listen to Demon Hunter and Iced Earth (only because I'm a huge Spawn fan) ...

But I WAS going to see Zakk Wylde ...

Whats turning me off - is how he flames everyone. "stupid frest durst" or "stupid NU-metal" blah blah...

and who is he touring with..?

DOPE & SEVENDUST! ha. Sevendust is definately NU-Metal ... and dope is... kinda old industrial turned to nu-metal.

he is not allowed to hate on ANYONE ELSE anymore...

Upvote 0
V

Vehementi Dominus

Why so many like Avenged Sevenfold, and other smeggy metalcore bands?

You want real metal, like Venom, Onslaught, Legion of the Damned, Meshuggah, Darkthrone, Obituary, Korpiklaani, Arsis, Biomechanical, Deicide, Marduk, Nachtmystium or Carpathian Forest.

Metalcore's sole purpose is to milk over-used styles for as much money as they can get out of you. They're about as metal as cotton wool.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I found an awesome christian metal band called Renascent, they are by far the best band I have ever heard.

they consider themselves Death Metal / Thrash / Metal. They have a member in their band that plays the keyboard so I guess most people will say they are of the subgenre "melodic metal".

They sound better with headphones on or atleast for me they do because I can hear all the different instruments much better that way. So if you like melodic metal or like christian metal then I suggest you check them out on myspace or youtube.

Upvote 0