Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Another couple of examples of YOU trying to speak for me as if you magically know my mind

Fact: you used sarcasm in your post to me.
Fact: calling me "friend" was a part of your sarcastic statement. --Ran77
Friend you do not even know what YOU think---much less be able to tell anyone else they think.

This is too much. As in, the way the beatniks used the term.

I've already pointed out the logic behind my claim. At no point did I indicate that I spoke for you. I merely looked at the readily available facts. Why not address the logic behind my statement instead of making these inaccurate claims that I am trying to speak for you?

Let me show you how that works.

In the comments above, you accuse me of speaking for you.
Then you state, without any sort of supporting fact or logic, that I don't even know what I think
All I need to do is compare the two sentences and see that rather than demonstrating how I do that, you have instead given proof that it is you who attempts to speak for someone else. It doesn't require me to "magically know" your mind. It only requires that I have the ability to read.

It might be better for you to return to the original topic.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
How is another interpretation [obviously Mormon] of God is spirit valid? It says what it mean and means what it says---no "source" or "spiritual connection" added.

Instead of being vague (It says what it mean(s) and means what it says) why don't you tell me exactly what it says?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Instead of being vague (It says what it mean(s) and means what it says) why don't you tell me exactly what it says?

Let's see--- so little time, so much to respond to. Evidently you are wanting me to respond back. Would I be rude, if I did not?

This is too much. As in, the way the beatniks used the term--Ran77

You are off by a couple of years as I came of age, at the end of the beatnik era. I would hardly talk like them or maybe copy their style or whatever. Anyway I talk and write in the year 2020.

Fact: you used sarcasm in your post to me.
Fact: calling me "friend" was a part of your sarcastic statement. --Ran77

There is simply a speaker or in this case--a writer AND one who interprets the words or writings. Been that way since man first spoke and then put words down on paper----or a computer keyboard in this case.

Am I at fault for how you interpret what I wrote?

There is the logic you seem to be looking for.

And, can I not offer my hand in friendship to you without you wanting to bite it?

I have no idea what you are saying in the rest of that post---#282

Instead of being vague (It says what it mean(s) and means what it says) why don't you tell me exactly what it says?---Ran77

Simple. What it says and means. "God is spirit"
Why do we have to get into a long drawn out discussion over it?

And finally, here

I consider this further proof that I cannot trust what you say to me. You change positions too quickly. ---Ran77

So why are we continuing these discussions if you cannot trust what I say to you? What purpose is served by you venting off some steam to tell me how you only interpreted what I wrote?

Maybe we should both be preparing for the end of our lives [or maybe the End Times] instead of this petty stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.