Visit site
✟174,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So why do so many Catholics say and believe non Catholics are going to Hell?

I can only speculate on that but I feel like many "traditional Catholics" become deeply absorbed by their Tradition. The Catholic Church has other scriptures besides the Bible and for many of them the Bible is not the word of God, it often doesn't have this unique status for them. I know Catholics who value Tradition and the words of church fathers higher than the Bible - and that can easily lead to their belief that Roman Catholicism is the ultimate truth.

Especially when some church fathers had to defend their beliefs back then and called every other denomination "heretic".

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You’ve got a point, there.

So why do so many Catholics say and believe non Catholics are going to Hell?
Generally ignorance. Many also call other denominations "other religions". Usually that is the cradle Catholics. They don't necessarily mean ill towards other Christians, they just are ignorant what is really taught and what the other churches really believe.

It is also the militant Traditional Catholics that lean that way, also these are often the ones that will believe that the Novus Ordo Mass is not licit and insist on the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. They blind themselves to what they believe to be true, even ignoring the tenants of their own church councils (V1 and V2).

Upvote 0