jsrdrnr

Mar 19, 2011
Virginia
✟7,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is currently a lot of talk abut Heaven and what it looks like or what it will look like. There have been a few books lately talking about this and some agree and some disagree. One thing I know for sure is that Heaven is not currently what is described in Revelation 21. Revelation 21 describes The New Jerusalem which has not happened yet. The New Jerusalem will not be here until after the battle of Armageddon and Satan is thrown into the lake of fire for eternity. God granted me a vision of Heaven. He also granted me the knowledge of Revelation 21.

CryptoLutheran

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More than that though, Revelation 21 isn't simply describing some amazing city touching down on earth in some Steven Spielbergian fashion, but is describing this grand beatification of creation, heaven and earth touching together as new heavens and new earth. The God of creation finishing the grand work He had begun back in Genesis 1 coming and dwelling with and among and in that creation in a gloriously incomprehensible and ineffable way. The New Jerusalem itself, I would argue, is a visionary depiction of the Church and Israel, it's the glorified and beatified people of God; it's the perfected work of God bringing into the fullness of all that He had been doing throughout the Biblical narrative and history as a whole. It is the Church, it is Israel, it is the perfected and glorified people of God represented as Jerusalem, Zion, the City of God where He dwells and is glorified in this new heavens and new earth.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

jsrdrnr

Mar 19, 2011
Virginia
✟7,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
More than that though, Revelation 21 isn't simply describing some amazing city touching down on earth in some Steven Spielbergian fashion, but is describing this grand beatification of creation, heaven and earth touching together as new heavens and new earth. The God of creation finishing the grand work He had begun back in Genesis 1 coming and dwelling with and among and in that creation in a gloriously incomprehensible and ineffable way.

Indeed. That is what I was talking about and I was in no way trying to say that it was going to happen in some type of movie like fashion. I was simply stating that people often refer to this being the current Heaven and it simply is not the case. Thank you for taking what I was referring to and explaining it further though. God is indeed finishing the work he started and is coming to with in that creation. What a glorious time that will be.

The New Jerusalem itself, I would argue, is a visionary depiction of the Church and Israel, it's the glorified and beatified people of God; it's the perfected work of God bringing into the fullness of all that He had been doing throughout the Biblical narrative and history as a whole. It is the Church, it is Israel, it is the perfected and glorified people of God represented as Jerusalem, Zion, the City of God where He dwells and is glorified in this new heavens and new earth.

I like the way you look at that. I did not see it that way right off but I do see where you are coming from. For a lack of a better phrase and to put it simply, Eden returned.

Upvote 0