Heaven as experienced by a scientist

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heaven is real, says neurosurgeon who claims to have visited the afterlife | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

I would consider his vision to be that of the sleep we take during our body's expiring.
I don't believe that when we die we go straight to heaven. I believe that we sleep, and like a man in a coma for 40 yrs, when he is awoken, it is but a blink of an eye to him.
While this man dreamed quite vividly, I believe the Lord was showing him the transformation from the flesh to the spirit. From corruptible to incorruptible as I believe our transformation to be.

I didn't know exactly where to post this, so if it should be moved, please suggest to the mods where it should be.

Please share your belief on heaven in this thread.:hug:

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A real scientist would know the difference between anecdote and proof.

And the absolute to him may be a fairy tale to you.

As experience by him.

Not by me, you and God knows, there is NOTHING science can prove or disprove irt His creation and His being.:thumbsup:

Science is WEAK.

God is strong.

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!:bow:

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
And the absolute to him may be a fairy tale to you.

As experience by him.

Not by me, you and God knows, there is NOTHING science can prove or disprove irt His creation and His being.:thumbsup:

Science is WEAK.

God is strong.

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!:bow:

Come for a conversation, get a sermon instead.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He said he became an earthworm, and then he met a fairy on a butterflies' wing.

I think he was describing it from the perspective of an earthworm, not that he was an earthworm.:D

And what's so flaky about being a speck of dust on a butterfly's wings. Zero gravity and a sense of being lifted up, transcending is VERY comfortable.;)

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think a neurosurgeon is a scientist. But still, he is jeopardizing his career and his credibility in telling such a story. Actually, I think that is MORE pronounced being a neurosurgeon, because they make so much more money than a research scientist. He's already got the American dream. Why lay it all on the line like that--to try and become rich and famous??

I think he is behaving as any doctor would: if you discover the cure for cancer, you would do anything in your power to get that out there, even if it meant your medical license taken away, even if it meant loss of income. Because as a doctor it is wired in you to heal people.

Forget about his words for a second and think about his ACTIONS.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think a neurosurgeon is a scientist. But still, he is jeopardizing his career and his credibility in telling such a story. Actually, I think that is MORE pronounced being a neurosurgeon, because they make so much more money than a research scientist. He's already got the American dream. Why lay it all on the line like that--to try and become rich and famous??

I think he is behaving as any doctor would: if you discover the cure for cancer, you would do anything in your power to get that out there, even if it meant your medical license taken away, even if it meant loss of income. Because as a doctor it is wired in you to heal people.

Nicely put brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

i am assuming you are NOT the author of this rebuttal.

That said.....his rebuttal is hogwash.

PAUL, yes PAUL the apostle was an unsaved person when he was confronted by Christ Jesus on the road to Damascus. A believer by name only.

This doctor was by our standards a non believer. Had he died here, the revelation would have been squat. But he LIVED.
Had Paul died as Saul on the road to Damascus, he would be awaiting damnation this very moment. But he LIVED.

This doctors revelation was for him. The Lord saved him that week, period. There is no doubt of his conversion to me. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ThatWhichIsnt

evidence trumps all
Apr 20, 2011
✟8,158.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A man of in that field should know that the mind is an fascinating creation. Look at the pineal gland and the (alleged) production of DMT which takes place there. That chemical may aide in our dreaming, and be released when we go through near-death experiences (which explain the auditory and visual hallucinations which take place, as well as the out of body experiences).
I have no problem saying he saw something. Do I believe he went to heaven/paradise? I doubt it, but whatever he saw obviously opened his eyes which I do not consider a bad thing.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A man of in that field should know that the mind is an fascinating creation. Look at the pineal gland and the (alleged) production of DMT which takes place there. That chemical may aide in our dreaming, and be released when we go through near-death experiences (which explain the auditory and visual hallucinations which take place, as well as the out of body experiences).
I have no problem saying he saw something. Do I believe he went to heaven/paradise? I doubt it, but whatever he saw obviously opened his eyes which I do not consider a bad thing.

Good post brother.

I don't think he was taken to heaven, but rather given a wake up call to come to Christ Jesus.:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, not a clue! Maybe a mod can do it

Maybe they are alright with 2 different threads. It is a bit of a headline to do with faith, so it is a bit of a Christian "current affair".

I don't do much surfing and couldn't easily find the other thread.

Could you post a link for those who may wish to see the other thread.

i am certain it's got to have more opinion than this one has gotten.:doh:

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

This is an EXCELLENT assessment of what is important about this sort of account usexpat97!

Why in the world would a neurosurgeon risk his career unless he felt strongly that somebody would benefit from his telling his story!

Here is an amazing list of the positive effects that having a near death experience can have on somebody. If the people who had these experiences were not convinced that they were real....why would they have so many positive side effects?????

Bright Lights, Big Mystery | Psychology Today

Upvote 0