England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My local parish ceases to exist at midnight. I Went to the last mass today before she ceases to exist although mass will be said there for a few more weeks todays mass was the last mass as an official parish. The parish is entirely novus ordo but a latin mass was said there in a kind of clandestine way this morning. It was one of the most heart wrenching moments of my life it was like the funneral of my mother. It was where i was baptised, my son and my father and his father etc. It was very apt the first mass offered there would have been the latin mass and now the last mass was also the latin mass and i thank God for that. There were also only 3 people present at the foot of her cross. Although i am aware of being at the foot of the cross at every mass i have never felt as close to golgotha as i did this morning.. it was a beautifull and fitting end. I am extremely sad and mournfull but i am also finding much hope and comfort in the lord and know with God all things are possible even the ressurection of the parish at some point if it be his will

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My local parish ceases to exist at midnight. I Went to the last mass today before she ceases to exist although mass will be said there for a few more weeks todays mass was the last mass as an official parish. The parish is entirely novus ordo but a latin mass was said there in a kind of clandestine way this morning. It was one of the most heart wrenching moments of my life it was like the funneral of my mother. It was where i was baptised, my son and my father and his father etc. It was very apt the first mass offered there would have been the latin mass and now the last mass was also the latin mass and i thank God for that. There were also only 3 people present at the foot of her cross. Although i am aware of being at the foot of the cross at every mass i have never felt as close to golgotha as i did this morning.. it was a beautifull and fitting end. I am extremely sad and mournfull but i am also finding much hope and comfort in the lord and know with God all things are possible even the ressurection of the parish at some point if it be his will

I'm sorry to hear that, too. Why did they close the parish?

• Friendly
Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0