• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Heart Trouble with AntiPsychotics

jesusandrainbows

Jesus Saves
Jun 22, 2017
Georgia
✟1,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD
Okay, after editing this a bunch I thought I'd write to you guys telling you of how I was healed once. I couldn't eat, drink, or breathe. I thought I was going to die. God (or the Holy Spirit, as I thought at the time) reached out to me through dreams, and then, finally, through a hallucination in a man's bible at the emergency room. (Not all hallucinations are God; this one was just particularly special and I knew it. I don't think all dreams are, either, so take this with a grain of salt.) Anyways, in the bible, the verse that stuck out to me was "You are unequally yolked. Leave and I will have boundless mercy on you." I interpreted this as "leave _____ [my then-bf] and I will heal you". So, with the help of God, I finally left this particular bf (who happened to have AIDS). A week or two later, I prayed to God to stick His hand down my throat and heal me. The next morning, He did.
For a year, barely any doctors helped me. The prescriptions I was taking to help with the breathing came from outside sources, not doctors. God was ready for my sickness to happen, and He had prepared me.
Suddenly, the morning after that particular prayer, a few days after finally following God, I could eat, breathe, and drink. I've only used an inhaler maybe five times since then, because I want to smoke or something stupid. I don't NEED inhalers anymore. This is a miracle. And I thought God might want me to share it with you.
It has been somewhere around a year since this miracle.
And now I'm hoping I get another one.
Oh, yeah, and I don't have HIV.
There's a miracle, too.
God's full of them.
JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD.
Trust in God.

Last edited:

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm taking chlorpromazine and it's day two or three and I've woken with mild chest pain and a weird, abnormal pulse... my heart is hurting! But this medicine was doing okay! And now I don't think I can pick up the zoloft because it affects my heart slightly but I kind of need it with the depression from the chlorpromazine... I was so sure I finally had the right medicine and now I'm so confused and uncertain and scared? Does anybody else get chest pain from their meds? I'm thinking of trying latuda... maybe that will be better.
Why do we get sick when we have Jesus? I just don't get it? I know He is Healer, and God is Healer, so why is this happening?
I know I smoked weed when I shouldn't have, and that's why I'm sick, but still! I don't understand this entirely.
I would definitely see your physician about that, Chest pain is not a thing to take lightly! There may be a reaction to the medicine or something of that nature that needs to be fixed by a doctor. As for the "why do we get sick" portion, I believe that is all thanks to Adam and Eve giving in to temptation and bringing sin into the world. There never used to be sin and sickness until they disobeyed God in the beginning, now we have to wait until we move on to eternity for there to be no more sickness and pain :) . God is the healer, and he is able to heal you if we just trust in him and claim the promise. Remember, God is not the one afflicting you here, all of this comes as a result of being born into sin. Hope this answer helps somewhat. Praying for you and for a complete healing. God bless.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm taking chlorpromazine and it's day two or three and I've woken with mild chest pain and a weird, abnormal pulse... my heart is hurting! But this medicine was doing okay! And now I don't think I can pick up the zoloft because it affects my heart slightly but I kind of need it with the depression from the chlorpromazine... I was so sure I finally had the right medicine and now I'm so confused and uncertain and scared? Does anybody else get chest pain from their meds? I'm thinking of trying latuda... maybe that will be better.
Why do we get sick when we have Jesus? I just don't get it? I know He is Healer, and God is Healer, so why is this happening?
I know I smoked weed when I shouldn't have, and that's why I'm sick, but still! I don't understand this entirely.
It's a new drug

Upvote 0