Prescott, Az
✟39,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 3:10. Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.

When we only hear with our ears, we receive a carnal interpretation of what was heard. Carnal hearing and carnal thoughts are a distinctly earthly perspective on when and what God has spoken. When believers meditate on the scriptures and receive them into their heart, there is a second hearing, from a heavenly perspective. Paul refers to this as “the Holy Spirit testifying to our spirit.” This is receiving wisdom by being born from above.

Psalm 62:11. God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

There are two most popular interpretations of this verse. One is the “idiomatic interpretation”, that is a Hebrew expression that actually means, “God speaks repeatedly”. He must get tired of saying the same thing over and over to people who ‘have ears, but do not hear.’ The more ancient Rabbinic interpretation is that God spoke once on Sinai, and Moses spoke the Torah twice to the children of Israel, Deuteronomy being the second.

How then can you apply this verse from Psalm 62 in a living way to your life? When Ezekiel 3:10 testifies to an understanding of Psalm 62:11, the Holy Spirit is able to interpret every word of scripture from the heavenly perspective, not the earthly perspective. This has been the basis for what I have been teaching for the past several months, most recently ‘Mercy Is Strength”.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 3:10. Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.

When we only hear with our ears, we receive a carnal interpretation of what was heard. Carnal hearing and carnal thoughts are a distinctly earthly perspective on when and what God has spoken. When believers meditate on the scriptures and receive them into their heart, there is a second hearing, from a heavenly perspective. Paul refers to this as “the Holy Spirit testifying to our spirit.” This is receiving wisdom by being born from above.

Psalm 62:11. God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

There are two most popular interpretations of this verse. One is the “idiomatic interpretation”, that is a Hebrew expression that actually means, “God speaks repeatedly”. He must get tired of saying the same thing over and over to people who ‘have ears, but do not hear.’ The more ancient Rabbinic interpretation is that God spoke once on Sinai, and Moses spoke the Torah twice to the children of Israel, Deuteronomy being the second.

How then can you apply this verse from Psalm 62 in a living way to your life? When Ezekiel 3:10 testifies to an understanding of Psalm 62:11, the Holy Spirit is able to interpret every word of scripture from the heavenly perspective, not the earthly perspective. This has been the basis for what I have been teaching for the past several months, most recently ‘Mercy Is Strength”.
See also "The Voice of the Spirit" under Forums>Equipping the saints>spiritual growth>deeper fellowship

Upvote 0