Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What comes to mind is: ... "go and make disciples" Matt 28:19

I see the the female voice as an encouragement that the Lord can use your femininity to reach out to the lost & help believers grow.

Femininity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: .... Behavioral traits generally considered feminine include gentleness, empathy, and sensitivity [7][8], though traits associated with femininity often vary depending on location and context, and include a variety of social and cultural factors

If there are a lot of men in your family or in leadership positions in your church or you look to male evangelists you respect, there may be a natural tendency to try & be like them in how you deliver the Christian message & encourage believers. But the Lord has a unique way of working through you that is an expression of who you are- a style that fits with your "name".

Last edited:
Reactions: lionheart1010
Upvote 0
S

someguy14

An evil voice, regardless of male of female voice, is never gentle. Every evil spirit only came to kill, steal and destory. God is the only gentleness and those that do not agree with God, have already been defeated. Every spirit that does not confess that Gods word is good, in their speaking and actions, isn't of God. Whether you hear that "voice" again or don't, all that are of God, will agree with the scriptures of God, or get defeated by God. :)

Reactions: lionheart1010
Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would take it to heart that it is the Lord, "IF" the word "go" matches up with your currently needing to get going on something.... something you have been praying about already. If "going" or acting on whatever has been on your mind and prayers is a positive thing, there would be even futher confirmation that it was from the Lord...but if what has been on your mind is negative (like divorce, running away from home, quitting school) I would re-check my motives and seek the Lord for further confirmation.

Reactions: Firewater
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We should never do anything in conflict with the express word of God, but beyond that perhaps the ultimate test is the spiritual impartation that came with the voice. If it brought peace and wisdom (Jam 3.17-18) to your spirit, that's a place you can abide. But the devil also comes as an angel of light (2Cor 11.14), so John tells us we must test the spirits (1Jn 4).

Upvote 0

WeWillSeeHimWhenHeAppears

Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him
May 8, 2012
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I woke up early this morning and heard a female voice say my name and 'go'. Is this God's voice? It was a familiar voice...

One of the keys, I think it would be fair to say, would be to be absolutely sure you heard the voice.

Second, be absolutely sure that it did not, for example, come from someone in the house or place you are staying.

It's not that I do not believe God speaks in an audible voice sometimes. I do believe that. I have heard Him speak to me very clearly. However, it's still good to be sure of these things, because there's always that possibility -- but if you have discounted that possibility, then you would have to move on to the possibility that it was the Lord.

The fact that it was female, I'm not sure what I would make of that. The Lord can easily assume the persona of a female or female voice (for example, in a dream, you might meet a woman, and it might, in fact, represent the Lord). So the fact that it was female does not throw me. There would, though, likely be a reason that it was female, as opposed to male. Here is one possible reason (I doubt it's the main reason, but I'll just mention it). Sometimes, the Lord may assume a persona for the sake of approachability and reachability. In other words, we may feel more comfortable relating with one or the other, and the Lord wants to make the communication as easy as possible, so that you don't miss it. If the presence of a man raised a flag, then the Lord might change the persona to a woman, so that you could easily receive it. Obviously, there might be other possible reasons, as well.

Well, having said all this, the word you received was very short. However, that does not mean it was not God. I have receive very short words before from the Lord, and it was the Lord who spoke it. So now it's up to you to decipher what "go" might mean. You said the female voice said your name and then "go", so there was actually more to it than just the word "go". Obviously, that got your attention, as it would mine. Well, were you previously thinking about going somewhere? Or, is this a call to vacate and simply go away from where you were at the time? The actual meaning is open to interpretation. I think in large part it may depend on what you had previously been thinking about doing.

In situations like these, context if usually the governing factor. Were you thinking of visiting your mother, but were hesitating and making excuses not to go? (This is just an example, of course! Fill in the blanks with any other possibility.) Well, I don't want to put you on edge thinking about the possibilities, but one thing seems rather clear, if this was the Lord, then there is a puzzle that needs to be solved. Where or to whom or in what direction should you go?

PS. I personally am extremely flexible when it comes to the Lord. If I heard a voice telling me to "go" I might take it as a sign to immediately go for a walk, and bring some evangelistic tracts with me. Then, as I walked along, I might pray to the Lord, asking Him to lead me to the right person. So there are indeed many ways to think about this one.

If you remain unsure about the meaning, I would take it to prayer and go over all the possibilities with the Lord on your knees. I'm sure He will show you what exactly He is getting at in the process of time. Surely, He gave the word for a reason, so you can trust Him to explain it to you, as you take it to Him and seek His counsel. I think you're doing the right thing in posting this, and I believe the Lord will definitely work through this means, and perhaps others, to help you understand His end intention in all of this.

Upvote 0

ditte

Sep 14, 2009
Hungary,Budapest
✟16,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It happened to me a few months ago, that a gentle voice (rather feminine) said to me (I was half asleep): "He knows the way to your victory."

I think, izt can be the Lord, or an angel. But ask the Lord. He will give confirmation to you. Especially about where to g, or what to do.
Ask the Holy Spirit. He will always be on accord with His Word.

Did you feel it was an answer for you, when you heard that. What did you think?
Blessings.
Edith

Upvote 0

lionheart1010

Jul 5, 2011
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thankyou so much everyone!!

Just to explain the context of this: I have been asking God if I should go back to uni - so in this case I believe it is confirming that for me. But I want to be certain! The voice was gentle, and at first I thought it was my mother's voice - because it was so familiar to me, I feel like that confirms it wasn't an evil spirit, right?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It was the Great Witness, who is to come.

When She said "Go" it meant: "You don't need incentive, what you already know is right"

I believe it speaks of the inactivity of the Church (no offence personally intended, your wisdom is undoubtedly equal with that of others).

When a fool does not do as he knows to do, you tell him "go"; when a wise man, knows what to do and still delays, you tell him "go". (if you have read Solomon, this manner of speaking will be familiar to you)

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would consider it a personal confirmation. As we can be told to simply "go", when everything else is in place and only hesitation is left. If you "go", you will see further confirmation. The Lord doesn't leave us hanging. Act on what you have heard and He will continue to lead you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums