Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Day one of no pop is almost over and I'm a little cranky. Usually day two or three are the days I get that way so I think the worst is still yet to come...

Why would not drinking pop do that to someone? Lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's day three and you just pressed my berserk button.

No seriously what is it? Caffeine withdrawal? How much pop do you normally drink? Pop has never shaped my mood.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Caffeine and sugar withdrawal, combined with irritability as a mental health issue I need to be medicated on. This past month I have been drinking way, way too much. I drink it like water and I'm trying to change that.

Like how many ounces a day on average?

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well the one I'm talking about is the one where people pay $7 to go swim. The pool in my town is in the same building as a gym a bunch of other things and it's located on a military base as I live in a military town. Plus the US typically has better stuff than Canada so I have no idea what your state is like...
military base. that makes perfect sense now. All military bases probably have a public gym and pool. for soldiers and their families, etc.

My state is the worst in the union.

Some choose to be alone, others have no choice. I'm kind of a mixture of both but mostly because people in my town don't seem to like being around people like me. It's a crap backwards town full of rednecks and alcoholic aboriginals where the men act like they're on steroids and the women are only interested in you if you work in the oil fields.

I'm kind of a mixture of both, but I do not think I would want much to do with the kinds of people you described. nothing wrong with rednecks and aborigines, but if they are as uncouth as you describe...

Ugh, customers. Worked at a thrift store for six years and currently work at a recycling depot since 2012. Whoever said "the customer is always right" should have a public execution in front of all the retail workers in Canada and the US.
Yes! My coworkers and I in my department were avid proponents that we should be able to reject customers. When a customer threatened to go somewhere else, our reaction (if it were up to us) would be to say, "excellent. don't let the door hit you on the way out."

and if every store took that attitude, then perhaps these nasty people would change their attitudes towards us poor employees or die of starvation. ;)

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Caffeine and sugar withdrawal, combined with irritability as a mental health issue I need to be medicated on. This past month I have been drinking way, way too much. I drink it like water and I'm trying to change that.

@MehGuy

it does shape your mood. Caffeine is a stimulant and sugar are stimulants and can help you focus. the same way adhd medications work.
It's funny ya'll are talking about this because I just made a comment to a friend that I was running out to get a coffee. Not because of the caffeine, but because of the sugar. Sugar helps me to focus. Caffeine has no effect.
While in the drive-through, I did a quick google search to see if it was just me, and apparently there are scientific studies that say sugars (which break down to the sugar glucose) do have positive effects on your ability to focus and so forth.

I don't know. Certainly matches my experience.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@MehGuy

it does shape your mood. Caffeine is a stimulant and sugar are stimulants and can help you focus. the same way adhd medications work.
It's funny ya'll are talking about this because I just made a comment to a friend that I was running out to get a coffee. Not because of the caffeine, but because of the sugar. Sugar helps me to focus. Caffeine has no effect.
While in the drive-through, I did a quick google search to see if it was just me, and apparently there are scientific studies that say sugars (which break down to the sugar glucose) do have positive effects on your ability to focus and so forth.

I don't know. Certainly matches my experience.

Maybe.. although caffeine and sugar never seems to have much effect on me.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
caffeine doesn't effect me... So it probably varies by person with sugar as well.

Yeah I've drank super energy drinks before and then just took a nap..

Seems like a lot of effects of energy and pop might just all be in your head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah I've drank super energy drinks before and then just took a nap..

Seems like a lot of effects of energy and pop might just all be in your head.

Well of course they are just in your head. Caffeine and Glucose are chemicals. and their effects occur in your head.
I don't get a caffeine high. But I do get a sugar-rush. and that rush gives me better energy and focus. I don't really crash after though.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well of course they are just in your head. Caffeine and Glucose are chemicals. and their effects occur in your head.
I don't get a caffeine high. But I do get a sugar-rush. and that rush gives me better energy and focus. I don't really crash after though.

You know what I mean.. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Working retail is the easiest way to become a misanthrope.

YES!!!
Working retail made all of us misanthropes. Taught us how stupid the typical Americans are (I don't have experience with other societies).

Working in retail will make you question your own Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Goal for next week, get back to my normal exercise schedule. Everything going on right now has me off kilter and all of the normal things I do during a day have been sidelined but this is one thing I need to get back to doing even in the craziness.

• Winner
Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0