• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Healthy, Happy, and Prosperous Life...

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Aabbie James, Sep 6, 2019.

1. True

2. False

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Aabbie James

Aabbie James A Slave of Christ Jesus

+237
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Is it God's will that every individual on the face of this earth should live a healthy, happy and prosperous life?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+2,077
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    A simple reading of the new testiment shows Paul facing attacks, beatings, threats etc that the Christians also faced being robbed as well as attacked etc
    No where does the NT say this is unusual behaviour, in fact it says this is normal.

So only an idiot would assume that Christianity is a promise for health, wealth and prosperity.

or one could open ones eyes and look at the state of 90% of christians around the world, they are poor, oppressed and frequently suffering.

We are not the norm they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,649
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thanks Aabbie for asking. I'm happy because the Holy Spirit resides in me and fills me with peace and love. But I'm far from prosperous or healthy. But that's OK, I'm not homeless today and I have been in the past. But even when I was homeless God was there and filled me with more peace. And now I help other less fortunate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+3,215
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    We will get heavenly treasures and spiritual family while on Earth. If we suffered, we don't have to worry because Christ suffered first.

5. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,860
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It is His will ... but it won't actually happen until He creates the new earth and the redeemed are with Him.

Until then we have an adversary and adversities.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

6. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,150
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I remember once a WOF person told me "If Paul knew what we know, he never would have went thru any of that."

7. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+15,742
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    "In this world you will have tribulation, but take heart, for I have conquered the world." - John 16:33b

-CryptoLutheran

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,150
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    There is a couple of promises in the NT that we should all "name and claim:"

John 16:33
    These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

2 Timothy 3:12
    Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

9. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+998
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I think fruitful rather than prosperous. But those who are healthy and prosperous should help those who are undergoing trials.

10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+3,906
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I don’t think it means what most suggest. And I don’t think it means claiming verses leads to blessings magically.

I believe it implies that in deference to Christ’s sacrifice we can give thanks for what we’ve received in spite of the challenges and trials we endure.

We should praise God in all things. In all seasons. In all conditions. Fat and lean. He’s God though it all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+28,625
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If Joel Osteen is to be believed...

We are told those who love Christ will be hated as He was hated. Pick up our cross and follow Him comes to mind as well. Which has led to many going to very violent and poor parts of the world to share the Gospel, build missionaries and plant churches. Also seeing their own health and lives given in service to the Lord along with family members.

12. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+28,625
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    A671117E-028B-43FF-BCB3-5A9FD51AFC15.jpeg

13. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+459
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Absolutely not. God is not into the wealth game but the Salvation one. I have not healthy or prosperous in this life so far, my legs swell, I have to use a wheelchair, half the time money is very tight. I am happy because God is my Abba Father. CS Lewis said it best about this:

“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  14. Aabbie James

+237
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Amen, Brother.

15. Aabbie James

+237
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You're welcome... I'm glad you're in a better place today; and I wish you many blessings in Christ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. Chadrho

Chadrho exercises by pushing his luck Supporter

+344
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    In one sense I would say, "True." God created humanity to flourish (which I assume entails being healthy, happy and prosperous). However, God put in place certain conditions for human flourishing to obtain. And, for reasons unknown to us, God allowed for the possibility that humans would reject those conditions for human flourishing, i.e. sin. We live in a world where humans have, do, and will continue to reject those conditions for human flourishing. As things stand (in this world of sin), God wants humans to flourish, but can't allow it without those conditions being met. So, I would say, "True." But I would also want to say, "False." God does not will human flourishing under the conditions of sin. In fact, it is impossible that humans could flourish under sin. Sin by it's very nature is destructive, i.e. sin rejects the very conditions for flourishing.

So, I would vote, "Both true and false, but not in the same way." But, that option wasn't given. ;)

17. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Soli Deo Gloria

+2,423
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    All three? No.

However, I do believe it is God's will for us to be happy, and that happiness in him. It is man's chief end to glorify God and enjoy him forever.

18. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+664
    Christian
    Single
    I think that is true, but first we should seek God’s Kingdom.

"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Matthew 6:31-33

19. Aabbie James

+237
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Amen.

20. Aabbie James

+237
    United States