aforchrist33

Feb 19, 2002
Maine
Visit site
✟630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear DaveUlchers;

The reason I asked if you ever needed a licence to sin was to show your example of grace not being a licence was not a good remark.

Here is why: Unsaved sinners never need a licence to sin in the first place, So why would they need one after salvation? Was mearly trying to show you the foolishness of religious reasoning when not rightly dividing. God bless!

Upvote 0
A person can't be saved and unsaved at the same time. No one ever needs a license to sin, but some teach falsely that grace is a license to sin.

Jude 4: "For there have been some intruders, who long ago were designated for this condemnation, godless persons, who pervert the grace of our God into a license to sin and who deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ."

Upvote 0

aforchrist33

Feb 19, 2002
Maine
Visit site
✟630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear DaveUlchers;

For some reason we seem to be suddenly unable to communicate. I'll try again,

I never said a person could be saved and unsaved at the same time. I said "After an unsaved sinner get's saved"

Meaning

1= An unsaved sinner does not need a licence to sin

2= A saved sinner doesn't need a licence to sin either.

Point= So why use a licence to sin as an example?

Many self righteous religious people use that example to try to make it look as if we are trying to give people permission to sin to make us look bad. When we are trying to say "We have been forgiven of sin and will make it to heaven even if we sin because we won't be judged twice for the same crime. But just because Jesus set us free doesn't mean to take advantage of His grace. We should try not to sin, not because we might go to hell, but out of love and appreciation for what He did for us. I pray this helps, I had a hard time to understand grace God's way before I stoped believing in man's intreptation. God bless! Keep searching as for hid treasures!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by aforchrist33
But just because Jesus set us free doesn't mean to take advantage of His grace.
The freedom which Christ offers isn't some illusion. Whoever sins is a slave to sin.

We should try not to sin, not because we might go to hell, but out of love and appreciation for what He did for us.
Why not just not sin? Because you believe you have a license to sin. What a great lie it is for people to say that they try and fail despite the aid of grace!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Why do you say you are under Abraham's covenant in one post and then say we are under a better covenant in this one. Are you under 2 Covenants?

There are at least 2 covenants. I am no expert on covenant theology, but I know God is a covenant making God. By better covenant, the Bible means that we are under grace and not under the law. Jesus is the mediator of a new covenant, a new and a better way. Also, we are grafted in and come under the covenant God has with Abraham.

But right now we are talking about healing. So we need to look at the very first passover. If you put the blood of Jesus on the door post of your heart, and eat the sacrificial lamb, then God's covenant with us is the same as He had with Isreal when they walked out of the bondage of Egypt, and there was no sickness among them.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>And ultimately, everyone dies.

Not everyone dies. Enoch did not die, Elijah did not die. Both are a type of the Bride of Christ who will not die. There is no telling how many more went to Heaven without dieing. Just because there are only two people listed in our Bible, does not mean there are not more. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by lambslove
But not everyone who asks for healing gets it. God decides who gets healing and who doesn't. And ultimately, everyone dies.

For the Christian, when God's answer is death that is
OUR ULTIMATE HEALING !!

Also - we need to remember that when we ask for healing to ask God to find any wicked way in me - our sin acts as a wall between us and God and can block the healing that God so desires to give to us.
Psalms 139: 23-24

Sometimes we are not healed from a physical sickness because through that sickness we can bring GLORY TO GOD! If that is the case, God will give us the strength to deal with whatever circumstance we are in.

Praise be to Jehovah-rapha - The Lord who heals!!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>For the Christian, when God's answer is death that is
OUR ULTIMATE HEALING !!

Death is a enemy, our final enemy. There is no healing at all in death. The Ultimate Healing for the body is the resurrection. When the dead bodies are raised from the dead. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
Originally posted by JohnR7
>>People do still die, but in the long run there is the resurrection.

A lot of people die before their time. I am going to do all I can to fight the enemy, so as not to allow him to take someone out of here before their time. Thanks, JohnR7

I agree that we need to do all we can to proclaim the Gospel so all may have salvation, but God is the one who decides when someone lives and dies NOT the enemy!! God is in control and the enemy can do ONLY what God allows him to do!! (Job) If someone dies - God has allowed that to happen - if it was not their time - He would intervien.
GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by JohnR7
>>For the Christian, when God's answer is death that is
OUR ULTIMATE HEALING !!

Death is a enemy, our final enemy. There is no healing at all in death. The Ultimate Healing for the body is the resurrection. When the dead bodies are raised from the dead. Thanks, JohnR7

Because of sin, we will all experience physical death. For the Christian, God has taken the sting out of death and given us VICTORY over death. What I meant by death being the ULTIMATE HEALING is that when the Christian dies a physical death from this earth, we will be with God eternally and there will be no more pain and no more sickness - THE ULTIMATE HEALING!!!!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Because of sin, we will all experience physical death.

You can experience physical death if you want to. I plan to be alive when Jesus comes and be transformed. I have no plans at all to experance physical death. Just like Enoch and Elijah did not experance physical death. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.