✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Someone posted this earlier today…

William Rodriguez

3 hours ago
I never got to tell Bro. Shambach this. But when I was about 12 years old, I went to his tent revival in Ft Lauderdale Florida and after seeing all the healings, went to my neighbour's next door. He was a Baptist man dying of cancer. I asked him if he would mind if I asked Shambach to pray for him, he said ok. So I went back to the tent. I didn't know you couldn't just go up to Shambach and ask for prayer during the prayer line. I went on the line about 3 times and every time I reached him, I was drenched in olive oil and pushed through the line. I was soaking wet cause he would just dip his hand in a bucket of oil and slap you on the forehead with it! After the service I thought I'd try to ask him again. But during the dismissal prayer he had slipped out. I was just devastated. I was at the altar crying when there was a noise by the back curtain. I looked up and it was him getting his bible. I called out to him and told him about my neighbour and he prayed a short and simple prayer. And I said, is that it? He said, "yes that's it" Is he healed? He asked, "do you believe? cause all things are possible to them that believe." I said, I believed. I went to my neighbour's and told him he was healed. And you know what? He got up out of that deathbed and was healed! To God be the glory. Today I'm a Missionary and pastor.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Someone posted this earlier today…

William Rodriguez

3 hours ago
I never got to tell Bro. Shambach this. But when I was about 12 years old, I went to his tent revival in Ft Lauderdale Florida and after seeing all the healings, went to my neighbour's next door. He was a Baptist man dying of cancer. I asked him if he would mind if I asked Shambach to pray for him, he said ok. So I went back to the tent. I didn't know you couldn't just go up to Shambach and ask for prayer during the prayer line. I went on the line about 3 times and every time I reached him, I was drenched in olive oil and pushed through the line. I was soaking wet cause he would just dip his hand in a bucket of oil and slap you on the forehead with it! After the service I thought I'd try to ask him again. But during the dismissal prayer he had slipped out. I was just devastated. I was at the altar crying when there was a noise by the back curtain. I looked up and it was him getting his bible. I called out to him and told him about my neighbour and he prayed a short and simple prayer. And I said, is that it? He said, "yes that's it" Is he healed? He asked, "do you believe? cause all things are possible to them that believe." I said, I believed. I went to my neighbour's and told him he was healed. And you know what? He got up out of that deathbed and was healed! To God be the glory. Today I'm a Missionary and pastor.

I hate to be the fly in the ointment...
But did he go back to his doctor to get a medical report to confirm the healing?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He posted the testimony decades after being prayed for.
I realise that. But the Scripture says that in the mouths of two or three witnesses let every word be established. So, in the absence of corroborating testimony, we have to accept it as a story that may or may not be factual. We have only the person's word for it.

We need "Thomases" in our churches today that have a level of skepticism concerning unverified stories. Jesus didn't put Thomas down for being skeptical. He validated Himself to Thomas by showing the wounds on His hands and side.

I think that what Jesus said about "blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed" is misquoted by the Word-Faith folk. Jesus was speaking of His own resurrection. We believe that Jesus truly rose from the dead and is alive today, even though we have not witnessed seeing Him and the wounds on His hands and side as Thomas did. It does not speak of believing unverified stories about healing and miracles without examining the facts to verify that they actually took place as described.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I realise that. But the Scripture says that in the mouths of two or three witnesses let every word be established. So, in the absence of corroborating testimony, we have to accept it as a story that may or may not be factual. We have only the person's word for it.

We need "Thomases" in our churches today that have a level of skepticism concerning unverified stories. Jesus didn't put Thomas down for being skeptical. He validated Himself to Thomas by showing the wounds on His hands and side.

I think that what Jesus said about "blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed" is misquoted by the Word-Faith folk. Jesus was speaking of His own resurrection. We believe that Jesus truly rose from the dead and is alive today, even though we have not witnessed seeing Him and the wounds on His hands and side as Thomas did. It does not speak of believing unverified stories about healing and miracles without examining the facts to verify that they actually took place as described.
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. - Romans 14:1

• Agree
Reactions: walkswithFire
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. - Romans 14:1
The whole passage in context reads thus:
Romans 13:12-14
"12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."
Romans 14:1-6:
"1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks."

When we look at the whole passage in its context, we see that Paul is not talking about someone wanting corroborating testimony concerning an unverified story about healing or miracles having weak faith. He defines weak faith as disputing about what to eat and what holy days to observe.

Quoting a verse out of its context is misquoting it and mishandling the Word of God to support a preconceived point.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The whole passage in context reads thus:
Romans 13:12-14
"12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."
Romans 14:1-6:
"1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks."

When we look at the whole passage in its context, we see that Paul is not talking about someone wanting corroborating testimony concerning an unverified story about healing or miracles having weak faith. He defines weak faith as disputing about what to eat and what holy days to observe.

Quoting a verse out of its context is misquoting it and mishandling the Word of God to support a preconceived point.
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:12-13

• Agree
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:12-13
Again, the whole passage in context reads:

"7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."

As we see here, the passage is all about hearing God's voice about Jesus being the Son of God and that through believing in Him, we enter into His rest. It is about hearing the voice of God in the preaching of the Gospel of Christ and not hardening one's heart against it. Therefore people fail to enter into salvation through having an evil heart of unbelief.

Again, this has nothing to do with approaching reports of healing and miracles with a healthy dose of skepticism until proved by appropriate medical evidence.

Upvote 0

walkswithFire

Nov 26, 2021
New Zealand
✟33,321.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Glory brother @rockytopva. What an inspiring testimony! If that man of God posted his testimony decades [20+years] after being prayed for, it is clearly obvious that he had been healed and he didn't need a certificate from a doctor to prove it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Glory brother @rockytopva. What an inspiring testimony! If that man of God posted his testimony decades [20+years] after being prayed for, it is clearly obvious that he had been healed and he didn't need a certificate from a doctor to prove it.
Great to see another New Zealander on the forum. Welcome! I recommend Carl Emerson's posts. He comes from North of Auckland. I met him and spent an afternoon with him at Sylvia Park over coffee. I found him a very sincere and honest man. He has some amazing testimonies of healing through his ministry that has to overcome my healthy skepticism. He is not the type of person to lie about these things.

Upvote 0

walkswithFire

Nov 26, 2021
New Zealand
✟33,321.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Great to see another New Zealander on the forum. Welcome! I recommend Carl Emerson's posts. He comes from North of Auckland. I met him and spent an afternoon with him at Sylvia Park over coffee. I found him a very sincere and honest man. He has some amazing testimonies of healing through his ministry that has to overcome my healthy skepticism. He is not the type of person to lie about these things.

Oh hi @Oscarr. Love your cat avatar. Is he yours? I did not realize that there were more Kiwi's here. Thank you, I will say hello to Mr @Carl Emerson when/if I get the opportunity. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh hi @Oscarr. Love your cat avatar. Is he yours? I did not realize that there were more Kiwi's here. Thank you, I will say hello to Mr @Carl Emerson when/if I get the opportunity. :oldthumbsup:
He is Mitten, the ginger ninja, who was an effective cockroach killer when we lived in Auckland. He came with us when we moved to Christchurch. At 13 (last year), he contracted liver cancer and sadly passed away two months after being diagnosed. He is sadly missed. We have a Burmese cat named Reizo who is a great companion for us. I actually paid hands on Mitten for healing, just in case, but it didn't happen. But he was perky and active right to the end and died suddenly one morning, so he didn't suffer, which is a blessing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Well no I disagree, We need to have Faith in God, and stop living in a constant state of unbelief.
Even people who know the promises of God have Faith in Gods promises being Yes and Amen.
Do they believe that healing is for themselves?
A constant barrage of doubt is placed in the believers mind.
The so called discernment ministries often deceive themselves by constantly gossiping atbout anyone who does not follow we there dogmatic perspectives.
I have been instantly healed of a quadricep tear.
When you rip a tendon It will leave a pit in the muscle it was attached to.
My Bicep has one, and both of my calves do too.
Bless God took one look at my quadricep, with internal bleeding all the way to my hip starting above my knee.
The pit was there, I went to the Elders and my Pastor asked for prayer and laying on of hands.
Was instantly healed.
no pit it regenerated, to tell me I am healed, and I played tennis that afternoon.
A guy on the courts who looked at it before, became startled and feared for my health.
I do not need a doctor to tell me when God heals me.
Some people would begin to question their healing if they had to ask a doctor..
I do have a doctor, and every few years I get a blood test.
That is to appease others, I get check ups, this last time they were sure I had diabetes and who knows what, my test came back with no signs of any infirmity.
Unbelief is a battle we have in our mind that is put there.
God Bless you my friend Oscarr.
You know how I feel about Faith.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums