Healing Revival has begun in Florida (Todd Bently)

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well I do know that the last statement does state
We recognize that God is continually restoring truth and light to His Church. Therefore, we place no limit on further revelation; however, each must be substantiated according to the Scriptures.

I must say that I am not sure what this means or potential consequences. It seems a bit too open somehow to me and seems to suggest that extra biblical truth is now fine as long as it sort of matches scripture. God restored the truth of justification by faith to the church through the reformation teachers (Martin Luther) but that was more a restoration of the already revealed truth of scripture not something lost or really hidden. gg

Upvote 0

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hate to say but this guy practices contemplative prayer (he says it in his book) and that is a belief system that uses ancient mystical practices to induce altered states of consciousness (the silence) and is rooted in mysticism and the occult but often wrapped in Christian terminology; in which opens him up to the second heaven where he is being in contact with fallen angels.

Upvote 0

gigman

Mar 20, 2008
Broken Arrow, Ok
✟1,509.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know a minister that came from the same Bible school that I went to say that, "Lately in my services, I have had instentaneous healings with everyone I have prayed for in the last few services."
I know this man and have been in some of his meeting. He is not a lier. Has a great anointing.

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
God bless Todd Bentley. God's anointing is so rich in his meetings.

What do people really want - a professional preacher, someone that makes them feel comfortable, someone that doesnt offend?

Yet, they still believe in Jesus who was none of those things.

Upvote 0
Mar 20, 2008
✟8,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I find many things wrong with Bentley's revival. First, here is Bentley describing the source of his "healing".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwhtQ8xaOKQ

An angel of light came to him? Thats not a Biblical source of healing. Everyone, please be wary of who you watch, there are so many false teachers; so many wolves in sheep's clothing.

That is absolutely ludacrous! And scary! Only a satanic force would keep us from saying the name of Jesus! That is so scary!

Upvote 0
S

Spectre01

That is absolutely ludacrous! And scary! Only a satanic force would keep us from saying the name of Jesus! That is so scary!

It really is, isn't it? Here's another interesting video, taken from Todd Bentley's "revival", and it actually shows him kicking a colon cancer patient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUTCWLoD4-4

This is not Christianity. I don't know of a single instance in the Bible where anyone was healed by kicking someone.

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We have been over this ground before on this thread. This video makes a pretty clear claim About Satan being the source of Todd's power, however it has been heavily edited so I am not sure that all of what Todd was speaking about healing is told us here. Other You tube videos by this YT poster have left out much of the core teaching. I think this is unfair dangerous and even though this person means to warn the body of Christ they do a diservice to His cause resorting to the same sensational tatics that Todd Bentley is rightly or wrongly accused of.
Regarding Todd have heard him speak of Jesus being the healer and angels as ministers of this healing. This to me does fit with scriptures that speak of the work of angels being ministering spirits and how they came and strengthened Christ after his temptation in the wilderness.

Mat 4:11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Psa 103:20 Praise the Lord, you angels of his, you mighty creatures who carry out his plans, listening for each of his commands.
Psa 103:21 Yes, praise the Lord, you armies of angels who serve him and do his will!

Psa 104:4 Who makes His angels spirits,
His ministers a flame of fire.

I do hope all that post on this thread are more than heresy hunters or blind followers of everything that smacks of the supernatural. Please pray and intercede for Todd and the Fresh Fire team and the events in Lakeland Florida. The truth is, many precious saints of God are receiving renewed strength and salvation from the Lord. We want these to continue to grow and produce Godly fruit in the Kingdom. We do not want the true Word of God plucked away by the enemy of our souls Satan. Even Jesus had a story about deception being sowed in a field that God planted here is what He (JESUS) says about that.

Mat 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
Mat 13:25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
Mat 13:26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
Mat 13:27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
Mat 13:28 "He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
Mat 13:29 "But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 'Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."....

Mat 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field."
Mat 13:37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.
Mat 13:38 "The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.
Mat 13:39 "The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
Mat 13:40 "Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
Mat 13:41 "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
Mat 13:42 "and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:43 "Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Bless the Holy Name of Jesus GG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is so true but it is more important to seek the Lord and pray because it is possible to judge a work of God prematurely. We have the same Holy Spirit and as we pray and seek the Lord He says He will guide us into all truth. Peace GG

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
These videos of Todd Bently have been heavily edited against him.

I'd be wary of being too quick to criticize. And people do remember all the unusual ways Jesus healed people, right? Sending that guy to the river... the mud and the spit with the blind person? Although I'll agree kicking is a bit extreme .... (maybe he just really hates disease? Like Smith Wigglesworth, then.) Do people remember the eccentric things the prophets did in the Old Testament? I'm not saying everyone has to do that, but it is there.

Anyway, this is my last post. I'm not interested in debating Todd, as I haven't actually been to one of his meetings (although I know people who have). Just thought I'd let people know that the videos are edited/out of context to make him look bad, and that God's workers are not perfect and have all sorts of weird peculiarities, and that God Himself is free to choose strange methods to fulfill His will and never said that he'd only use the methods He used in the Bible.

I once criticized an English revival meeting because when the Holy Spirit was called upon, a few people would yell out, as if in pain (while the majority remained silent and few sobbed). Why are they doing that?, I thought. Can't they be quiet? Now I know how critical and foolish I was. If you've suffered from years of pain, depression, and from the wounds of abuse, and the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, the LORD JESUS CHRIST, is healing you, is it all that surprising that you might cry out? If God is penetrating somebody's heart and healing them of evils that have attacked their mind and body, is it wrong that they scream as they are purged and ultimately healed? I believe it is not, and I believe that God will do what God has to do. Perhaps some can be delivered silently; that's great! But sometimes, there will be elements that make onlookers point the finger and go, "No, no, wait, that's not supposed to happen!"

Last edited:
Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What happens after the meetings is more important than what goes on in the meetings. Are people transformed to live for God and to take His message to others. Or to stand in the evil day of persecution. Please don't let us be like those that hear with joy then fall away. (From the Sower Parable)

Luk 8:13
They on the rock [are they], which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I got a hold of his book and was shocked.

Here is an article http://www.journey2wholeness.org/occult/lakeland/TheGloryCloud.htm

You have have truth and it only takes 10% error to make it not from God.

Methods of discernment:
  • Who was the founder of this modality?
  • What was his/her spirituality?
  • Wha culture did it come out of?
  • What were their beliefs?
  • Who is their God or gods?
  • Are they bringing anything into their practices that come from another practice outside of the bible?
You cannot separate the practice from the spirituality. A Christian practitioner of an occultic modality does not change the modality to a Christian one!

Yes, there are angels but he prays to angels for finances and I'm told we only pray to the Lord.

I think we need to be praying and seeking the Lord in all this. We need discernment and wisdom. I'm seeing division in churches and know division is not from God. My pastors came back from Florida and told the congregation that I need to embrase the new doctrine and if I hold onto the old, I have hardness of heart, I have a religious spirit, etc.

the Lord is The same yesterday, today and tomorrow but his mercies are new eery day. I see twisting in his stuff with truth with error mixed in it. He pushes the envelope on things wrapped with scripture.

I have to say I'm grieved because I don't like what I see. Much needed prayer for the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I amnot sure where you are reading about praying to angels I would be interested in seeing that. The article link you included seemed only to speak of Sundar Singh a Christian mystic from India. I have not read much about him but have heard some things that puzzle me but I will let God judge that. I agree we must pray.

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Good question ...

Do they promote Jesus and Jesus only?
Is Jesus being glorified?
Are people being saved by Jesus?

Are people being healed by Jesus?

Let's not forget that Todd Bentley is operating in a "last-days" scenario that may be related to the book of Revelation, and other end-time scriptures.
If you want to interpret todays events, you may be looking in the wrong part of the Bible. The end-times *will not* look like any other part of history, and shouldn't be judged by history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's not forget that Todd Bentley is operating in a "last-days" scenario that may be related to the book of Revelation, and other end-time scriptures.
If you want to interpret todays events, you may be looking in the wrong part of the Bible. The end-times *will not* look like any other part of history, and shouldn't be judged by history.

Hmm . . . not sure what you are trying to get at . . . but in my Bible John 14:6 (Jesus is) the way the truth and the life . . . still carries into the prophecy of Revelation . . . as it is HIS Revelation to the Church.

Nothing will ever change about Him being centerpiece . . . ya know . . . alpha and omega and everything inbetween.:)

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The word of God is our sword to cut between the truth and the error. We must all prayerfully ask the Lord to guide US into all truth. I do have reservations about some of the things and teachings I am hearing these days not just in this area.

Upvote 0