• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Healing Prayer

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few days ago I witnessed the power of simple prayer. I have a bowel disease called diverticulitis, it is a bowl disease that causes pockets to appear in the bowl these pockets can become infected and be quite painful, although the pain is bearable. I have been going to hospital for tests, on and off, a day or so ago I was at the hospital for one such test. I am a person who believes that Jesus still heals, and often times I have reached out to others to pray, some of these people have experienced miraculous healing. When I was at the hospital the thought of praying for people was on my mind, but I have to admit that I was a little timid and found it very hard to get any courage to pray for people. I had just checked myself in, and sat near a man with a beard, I asked him what he was in for, and he briefly mentioned his condition. A woman was wheeled into the room, in a wheelchair, and she looked saddened or disheartened. I remember looking at her condition and praying “I am sorry LORD that I don’t have the strength to ask them if I can pray for them, but could you heal them both and others around here of whatever afflicts them.” I then went in for my preadmission interview, my tests (colonoscopy) took some hours, and I woke up. I was given leave and moved to the area where you wait to be picked up. The man who had been with me in the preadmission area, for who prayer was offered, was there. He told me two times, “I don’t know how it could have happened, but my diverticulitis has gone, it has vanished.” For those in the know, diverticulitis does not just vanish, once you have it you have it for life. That is why he was so confused. So looking back on that conversation, I see that it is very likely that God healed the man.

The bible says:

Joh 14:12-14 Truly I say to you, He who puts his faith in me will do the very works which I do, and he will do greater things than these, because I am going to my Father. And whatever request you make in my name, that I will do, so that the Father may have glory in the Son. If you make any request to me in my name, I will do it.

Another thing that has happened in the past was a woman was healed of a back complaint instantly when praying in Jesus's name. After following this person up for some years, they always said their back was now great. Another man came for prayer on a Facebook outreach, he was healed and his body so strengthened that he wanted to know more about Jesus. A friend's daughter became well after prayer in Jesus's name from Ulcerative Colitis.

I say all of this to encourage you to seek after Jesus, and to allow us the privilege to pray for you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could pray for my wife she has a serious back problem. We seek Jesus.

I will certainly join you in prayer for your wife, Jesus is the healer, we just need to stand on His Word, the bible.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could pray for my wife she has a serious back problem. We seek Jesus.

I see from your profile you are in the US. How have things been for you since COVID? I have been blessed to have stayed in employment through the crisis, so things have not been too bad for us.

Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God; for he hath prepared for them a city.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We
I see from your profile you are in the US. How have things been for you since COVID? I have been blessed to have stayed in employment through the crisis, so things have not been too bad for us.

Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God; for he hath prepared for them a city.

we have done well, just like before. But my step daughter and I have had it. Not too bad. I got vaccinated and my wife. I’m being wary of the Delta and wearing a mask often; don’t want it, but that is all I can do.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We

we have done well, just like before. But my step daughter and I have had it. Not too bad. I got vaccinated and my wife. I’m being wary of the Delta and wearing a mask often; don’t want it, but that is all I can do.

Ok, I am hoping to avoid it. When the virus came out I felt God put a scripture on my heart it was:

Psa 91:1-6 Happy is he whose resting-place is in the secret of the Lord, and under the shade of the wings of the Most High; Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope. He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease. You will be covered by his feathers; under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation. You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day, Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high.

This gave me great confidence that God would protect me, and my family from the virus. I guess it does not worry me, for I trust in God's protection. But to be obedient to our governments, I have been vaccinated, and wear a mask, and do all the things asked of by authorities.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I am hoping to avoid it. When the virus came out I felt God put a scripture on my heart it was:

Psa 91:1-6 Happy is he whose resting-place is in the secret of the Lord, and under the shade of the wings of the Most High; Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope. He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease. You will be covered by his feathers; under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation. You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day, Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high.

This gave me great confidence that God would protect me, and my family from the virus. I guess it does not worry me, for I trust in God's protection. But to be obedient to our governments, I have been vaccinated, and wear a mask, and do all the things asked of by authorities.

people do get sick though, I would not judge them. A Christian friend of mine got consumption. I am not trying to disprove the scripture you gave. David had diseases and God healed him so that he lived a normal lifetime. God did protect him and others maybe but not all. I can’t say how good they were to have or have not the protection or being saved from death. There are often exceptions to generalizations to a populace.

Maybe a pandemic is the exception to the rule. You are blessed to have not had it. Do you live in the country or city? Who so you think died in 1918 flu epidemic? Do you have biblical backing to say what those people are like?

what about when David sinned and had a census. Those 70,000 people were indiscriminantly lifted off the earth (figuratively).
Some may have lost their protection that may have been calling out the scripture.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
people do get sick though, I would not judge them. A Christian friend of mine got consumption. I am not trying to disprove the scripture you gave. David had diseases and God healed him so that he lived a normal lifetime. God did protect him and others maybe but not all. I can’t say how good they were to have or have not the protection or being saved from death. There are often exceptions to generalizations to a populace.

Maybe a pandemic is the exception to the rule. You are blessed to have not had it. Do you live in the country or city? Who so you think died in 1918 flu epidemic? Do you have biblical backing to say what those people are like?

what about when David sinned and had a census. Those 70,000 people were indiscriminantly lifted off the earth (figuratively).
Some may have lost their protection that may have been calling out the scripture.

I am not saying people will not get sick if they have faith (and yes some may die), people of faith can get sick, but for me, I believe God's promise to protect me. If I were to get the virus I believe God would heal me. It is a personal faith thing, not a judgment on people who may get sick. I am not saying they are not genuine Christians.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for do I live in the country or city, I live in the city. In a city called Brisbane in Australia. The virus has not been bad here in our state, it has remained relatively calm, only a few out breaks. I am really sorry if what I said made you feel I was judging you or any other Christian, I am not.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't know why all our prayers for healing aren't answered.

God heals such as Isa 53:5, II Kings 20:5, Acts 4 :30, I Pet 2:24.

What did God say? We're to pray for the sick such as Jam 5:13-16, Mark 16:18, Matt 10:8,
I Tim 2:1-4.

Testamonies are important (Luk 8:39, Psa 119:45).

Thanks for the encouragement to continue to look to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for do I live in the country or city, I live in the city. In a city called Brisbane in Australia. The virus has not been bad here in our state, it has remained relatively calm, only a few out breaks. I am really sorry if what I said made you feel I was judging you or any other Christian, I am not.

yeah just saying that I won’t judge too. Am living in a rural county. But our percentage may be like the average for USA.
I am convinced of your sincerity and gentleness and self control.
Thank you it’s been an interesting exchange. I appreciate you talking with me. Brisbane is a little town near San Francisco too.
A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Jesus Loves You.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't know why all our prayers for healing aren't answered.

I don't know either but here are a few, thoughts, reasons:

• When Job was sick it was a form of testing sent to him, no amount of prayer could have lifted it.
  • The gift of healing is given for the encouragement of the church, if the person praying has some weakness that will "hurt" the church, God may not heal as often, so as not to exult bad behaviour or doctrine.
  • Sometimes it is God's will to use sickness to cause death, a friend of mine, a Christian, got sick and died, but I believe fully it was God's will, my friend was slightly disabled and had no helper after his mother passed, he was alone, and grief-ridden, God saw that heaven was better than earth for him.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is meant to help because some of us need His healing.

Researched hindrances to prayer such as "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.' I Pet 3:7

Some point out Holy Scriptures that may show the root of some conditions such as "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Pro 17:2

Pro 4 includes "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."

Nothing is out of reach for God's healing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He is Lord and He heals. (Exo15:26).

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isa 53:5).

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise." (Jer 17:26).

A scientist researched prayer. Christian Testimonies - The power of prayer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is Lord and He heals. (Exo15:26).

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isa 53:5).

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise." (Jer 17:26).

A scientist researched prayer. Christian Testimonies - The power of prayer

Read the link, blessed, and fearful account of what happens at death, when having faith in Jesus and the inverse of cursing Him. May we all have the faith of the Godly woman in that account.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0