sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we can claim that Paul "wrote" that "he no longer could rely on" supernatural healing. He mentioned other situations where common remedies were used, but wasn't discounting supernatural healing from my perspective.

We can agree, however, that Paul never taught us in the Body of Christ to declare the usual "By his stripes I am healed"? =)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can agree, however, that Paul never taught us in the Body of Christ to declare the usual "By his stripes I am healed"? =)
Agreed, sort of.
We'll have to credit Isaiah and Peter for that. - lol

1. Isaiah 53:5 KJV
    But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

2. 1 Peter 2:24 KJV
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, sort of.
We'll have to credit Isaiah and Peter for that. - lol

1. Isaiah 53:5 KJV
    But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

2. 1 Peter 2:24 KJV
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That is a good point. I was in a Word of Faith church for many years where I embrace all these teachings.

After that, I began to realize that I need to accept that Paul is the apostle of the gentiles, that Jesus's first coming for only for the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

After I start taking Paul's letters to the Body of Christ very seriously, I begin to see that Paul never once ever promised physical healing to us when we are sick.

Not once did he ever mention to us to declare the favorite phrase used by WOF churches, "By his stripes I am healed".

Instead we get passages like Romans 8:18-25 , 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 etc.

Most interestingly 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 went to the same church where 1 Corinthians was also written to, where he gave instructions on spiritual gifts.

Thus over a period of like 10 or so years, I begin to change my mind about how healing works in the Body of Christ.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0