Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Seen this prayer in a book called "33 Days consecration to Jesus through Mary"

What do you think?

Heavenly Father, I praise and thank You for all You have given me. Please cover me with the protective, precious blood of Your Son Jesus Christ. Increase Your Holy Spirit in me with His gifts of wisdom, knowledge, understanding, hunger for prayer, guidance and discernment to help me know Your will and surrender to it more completely. Father, please heal my negative emotions and any wounds in my heart and spirit. Send the sword of Your Holy Spirit to sever and break all spells, curses, hexes, voodoo and all negative genetic, intergenerational and addictive material, past, present or to come, known or unknown, against me, my relationships and family, finances, possessions and ministry. Father, I forgive and I ask forgiveness for my sins and failings, and I ask that my whole person, body and mind, heart and will, soul and spirit, memory and emotions, attitudes and values lie cleansed, renewed and protected by the most precious blood of Your Son, Jesus. In the name, power, blood and authority of Jesus Christ I bind and break the power and effect in or around me of any and all evil spirits who are trying to harm me in any way, and I command these spirits and their companion spirits in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to leave me peacefully and quietly and go immediately and directly to the Eucharistic presence of Jesus Christ in the closest Catholic Church tabernacle to be disposed of by Jesus and never again return to harm me. Dear Holy Spirit, please fill up any void in me to overflowing with your great love. All this, Father, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ by the guidance of Your Holy Spirit. Immaculate heart of Mary spouse of the Holy Spirit, please pray for and with me. Amen.

Reactions: Michie

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If the prayer were to begin with the first two sentences, and end with the last two sentences, it would be a good prayer.

But challenging/messing with evil spirits is something that only qualified and protected priests should be doing; not the laity.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont see it as messing with evil spirits?

Its meant to push them out of ones lifes with God's help.
I agree. We are allowed to pray for protection from all forms of evil. It’s not an exorcism.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status