Head of German Catholic Youth calling for open rebellion if the Synodalists don't get their way.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Federation of German Catholic Youth and youth associations network at the Bishop's Synod

Podschun on the World Synod: Rome initiated my thought process

A delegation from the BDKJ traveled to Rome for the World Synod. There they met bishops, youth associations and other actors in the shadow of the Vatican. In the interview, BDKJ chairman Gregor Podschun takes stock. In addition to pithy demands, the head of the association is also self-critical.

"No synodality without young people!" Youth associations from Germany (D), Austria (A), Switzerland (CH) and South Tyrol (S) have taken up the cause. So their representatives met last weekend in Rome in the “DACHS” building. The program included meetings with synods, aid organizations and reform groups from all over the world. In the katholisch.de interview, the federal chairman of the Association of German Catholic Youth (BDKJ), Gregor Podschun, takes stock.

Question: Mr. Podschun, you have met German synodalists in Rome in the past few days. What do they say about the synod?

Podschun: Not so much of direct discussions. The Pope has imposed an information blackout, and the German-speaking synod participants are largely adhering to it. But they told us about their experiences in the synod hall. I heard that the procedure has changed compared to other synods. The small groups have made it more communicative. I have also heard that Germany is not alone with its reform issues - the concerns resonate in the universal church. By the way, we also had this experience with the partners we met here as BDKJ. The bishops also reported to us that they noticed that young people were missing from the Synod hall. And this despite the fact that the Youth Synod had decided that young people should be involved in such processes.

Question: It's all very atmospheric. Have you also heard about topics from the auditorium?

Continued below.

Chesster

Jul 30, 2004
Virginia
✟150,817.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, this is just what the Church needs, someone throwing a temper tantrum when they don’t get their way. Jesus told St. Peter to, “Feed my sheep”. The sheep don’t feed themselves they get fed by St. Peter and his successors.

Upvote 0