GeorgeE

May 17, 2006
✟618.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: Who bare record of the Word of God, and of the Testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." (Revelation 1:1-3). Blessed is he that reads, hears, and keeps the message of this Book. There is a special blessing reserved for those who do so, yet so often people have shunned the Book, either because it was veiled to their understanding (though it is declared to be a revelation), or else they thought it was too negative--- filled with images of beasts, woes, and the various judgments of God. But as the holy Spirit causes His light to shine upon the truth, again and again we find it to be a positive message of hope and victory.
Furthermore, note the phrase, "For the time is at hand..." He does not relegate this to a far-off future series of events, but it becomes experientially worked out in each of us as He draws us to Himself, conforming us to His image. As Jesus stated, "The hour cometh, and now is..." (John 4:23). For those whom He is drawing to Himself as the firstfruits of His new creation order, it is not only coming, but already begun. The in working process has started, and must continue until it is fully consummated, to His glory. So, for the multitudes it is coming, for the firstfruits it is on now, as they "taste the good Word of God, and the powers of the world (age) to come.'' (Hebrews 6:5).
It has been said, there are five ways to interpret the Book:
1) Historically, it all happened a long time ago.
2) Present, in our now, but mostly negative, as people try to fit the events of their day into its pages, wondering if these certain happenings fulfill the judgment and doom they have been told is to come, to signify times end, though they hope they can escape from it all.
3) Futuristically, it will all happen out there some time.
4) Idealistically, poetically, using mental images from which to form your ideals and values, etc.
5) All of the above, practicing parts of each. Perhaps that is how many view it today. Some of it is viewed historically, some of it is viewed prophetically, and betimes men look to see if it verifies the time table that "the end is upon us.'' While occasionally passages are used to draw images and pictures that men apply to their day, as they interpret various points and fit them together.
Now we would present a different approach, as the holy Spirit quickens various passages, and gives us a POSITIVE VIEW, with our Lord Jesus Christ as the Center of our focus, for this is declared to be, "A REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST." This phrase tells it all. The book was written for one purpose, to be the revelation of a Person, not of historical events, nor of future doom and negativism. Every woe, every vial, every thunder, etc. has but one purpose, TO BRING FORTH THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST. All that is written of beasts, images, marks, Babylon, etc. are simply issues that are exposed because of the Light. Every revelation of Him will expose the darkness, not to bring terror, but to swallow it up into the Light. "For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world though Him might be saved." (John 3:17). SALVATION IN FULL is the ultimate victory to be brought forth. "Behold, I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5). Amen!
Furthermore, God "sent and signified it," that is, He revealed the message through signs and symbols. They are not literal, HE IS THE REALITY! The signs and symbols are but a means to an end, not an end in themselves--they point to Him, revealing more of His nature, His character, His purpose, that He might be glorified, for the fulfillment is found in HIM. This is a book of positive spiritual realities communicated by the means of these picturesque scenes and events. You will not read of their fulfillment in the Daily News, because they are not speaking of world events. This is the unveiling of a Person who has not yet been seen in all His power and majesty. But as He is revealed TO US, and IN US, you will see these things fulfilled in a people who are becoming ONE IN HIM--thus it is a revelation of Him, albeit also being in a people who share and manifest His glory.
Significant that twice in the first chapter (1:8,1:11), and twice in the ending chapters, (21:6, 22:13) emphasis is given, "I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." It is this fact which makes this such a positive Book. From the Center to the Circumference, from the Beginning to the Ending, it is GOD ALL THE WAY. The more He becomes the Alpha and Omega of all things in our own life, the more our eyes are single unto Him to see Him in all the happenings that unfold in our pathway, the more we rejoice in the positive outworking of the will of God in us. However negative an event in our life might first appear, because HE IS THE OMEGA we know that all is secure--His will is being done "on earth, as it is in heaven."
Hear again the words of the prophet, "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am He. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness." (Isaiah 41:4,10).
Because He is so totally and sovereignly in control, being the Beginning, and the Ending, and all the way in between, then it rightly follows--"FEAR NOT!" Regardless of what happens, He will work it into your good, and for His praise. The only question that remains, is--"Is He the Alpha and Omega of our life?" When we have this confidence in Him, the results have to be positive.

http://home.att.net/~spiritword/Prinzing/revel/contrev.htm

christandisrael

Sep 19, 2005
✟899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
GeorgeE said:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: Who bare record of the Word of God, and of the Testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." (Revelation 1:1-3). Blessed is he that reads, hears, and keeps the message of this Book. There is a special blessing reserved for those who do so, yet so often people have shunned the Book, either because it was veiled to their understanding (though it is declared to be a revelation), or else they thought it was too negative--- filled with images of beasts, woes, and the various judgments of God. But as the holy Spirit causes His light to shine upon the truth, again and again we find it to be a positive message of hope and victory.
Furthermore, note the phrase, "For the time is at hand..." He does not relegate this to a far-off future series of events, but it becomes experientially worked out in each of us as He draws us to Himself, conforming us to His image. As Jesus stated, "The hour cometh, and now is..." (John 4:23). For those whom He is drawing to Himself as the firstfruits of His new creation order, it is not only coming, but already begun. The in working process has started, and must continue until it is fully consummated, to His glory. So, for the multitudes it is coming, for the firstfruits it is on now, as they "taste the good Word of God, and the powers of the world (age) to come.'' (Hebrews 6:5).
It has been said, there are five ways to interpret the Book:
1) Historically, it all happened a long time ago.
2) Present, in our now, but mostly negative, as people try to fit the events of their day into its pages, wondering if these certain happenings fulfill the judgment and doom they have been told is to come, to signify times end, though they hope they can escape from it all.
3) Futuristically, it will all happen out there some time.
4) Idealistically, poetically, using mental images from which to form your ideals and values, etc.
5) All of the above, practicing parts of each. Perhaps that is how many view it today. Some of it is viewed historically, some of it is viewed prophetically, and betimes men look to see if it verifies the time table that "the end is upon us.'' While occasionally passages are used to draw images and pictures that men apply to their day, as they interpret various points and fit them together.
Now we would present a different approach, as the holy Spirit quickens various passages, and gives us a POSITIVE VIEW, with our Lord Jesus Christ as the Center of our focus, for this is declared to be, "A REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST." This phrase tells it all. The book was written for one purpose, to be the revelation of a Person, not of historical events, nor of future doom and negativism. Every woe, every vial, every thunder, etc. has but one purpose, TO BRING FORTH THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST. All that is written of beasts, images, marks, Babylon, etc. are simply issues that are exposed because of the Light. Every revelation of Him will expose the darkness, not to bring terror, but to swallow it up into the Light. "For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world though Him might be saved." (John 3:17). SALVATION IN FULL is the ultimate victory to be brought forth. "Behold, I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5). Amen!
Furthermore, God "sent and signified it," that is, He revealed the message through signs and symbols. They are not literal, HE IS THE REALITY! The signs and symbols are but a means to an end, not an end in themselves--they point to Him, revealing more of His nature, His character, His purpose, that He might be glorified, for the fulfillment is found in HIM. This is a book of positive spiritual realities communicated by the means of these picturesque scenes and events. You will not read of their fulfillment in the Daily News, because they are not speaking of world events. This is the unveiling of a Person who has not yet been seen in all His power and majesty. But as He is revealed TO US, and IN US, you will see these things fulfilled in a people who are becoming ONE IN HIM--thus it is a revelation of Him, albeit also being in a people who share and manifest His glory.
Significant that twice in the first chapter (1:8,1:11), and twice in the ending chapters, (21:6, 22:13) emphasis is given, "I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." It is this fact which makes this such a positive Book. From the Center to the Circumference, from the Beginning to the Ending, it is GOD ALL THE WAY. The more He becomes the Alpha and Omega of all things in our own life, the more our eyes are single unto Him to see Him in all the happenings that unfold in our pathway, the more we rejoice in the positive outworking of the will of God in us. However negative an event in our life might first appear, because HE IS THE OMEGA we know that all is secure--His will is being done "on earth, as it is in heaven."
Hear again the words of the prophet, "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am He. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness." (Isaiah 41:4,10).
Because He is so totally and sovereignly in control, being the Beginning, and the Ending, and all the way in between, then it rightly follows--"FEAR NOT!" Regardless of what happens, He will work it into your good, and for His praise. The only question that remains, is--"Is He the Alpha and Omega of our life?" When we have this confidence in Him, the results have to be positive.

http://home.att.net/~spiritword/Prinzing/revel/contrev.htm
Yes, he was first (in the beginning God...) and God is seen through Christ as a white knight on a white horse.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure how do use this.
I’m looking for this book. How can I get it?
Hi; good to see you; have you read this book? I haven't. Revelation is a very encouraging book of the Bible; I love to read about the Lamb that was slain now in glory. :)

Upvote 0