HisEagle

Senior Veteran
Feb 26, 2004
✟10,742.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think there needs to be a third option...."It's not as fresh in my mind as it used to be." ;)

I haven't completely forgotten about it, but I do agree if they want to rebuild the city, it needs to be done somewhere else above sea level. It boggles my mind that they even built the city below sea level to begin with.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
theMessiah said:
I don't get the question- what happened in New Orleans?

Please don't be offended if I ask you, are you serious? Hurricane Katrina was the worst natural disaster that's hit the US. I heard that Time magazine (I think) was naming Katrina person of the year, or something like that.

Upvote 0

crusader4peace

Nov 7, 2005
Malaysia
✟486.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Politics
US-Republican
Blizzard1 said:
I remember playing online pool with a girl from Texas a few days after the Columbia disaster. She hadn't even heard of it. So much for our modern communicatons and educational systems. :(

i guess people are less bothered abt whats happening around in other places.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
New Orleans?

The town to tough to float away?

I would take insurance money and Disaster money and plant my roots well away from the weak dams that could give away again at any time.
Building a city on ground that should be under water isn't very smart.
Mother Nature can only be controlled for so long.

Neglect and hoping for federal aid to strengthen the levies did not help.
Growing up in Arizona desert, we didn't wait for the Rest of the country to
give us money to find new and more plentiful water sources. If you don't take care of yourself who else will?

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blizzard1 said:
I remember playing online pool with a girl from Texas a few days after the Columbia disaster. She hadn't even heard of it. So much for our modern communicatons and educational systems. :(

Saaaaayyyyyy..... Isn't President Bush from Texas too? :holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EricCartman

May 14, 2005
Texas A&M University
✟735.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I don't throw everyone into a group and then judge them, there are individuals that I feel sorry for, but over all I have little sympathy. They statistically raised crime in Texas when they came here. I have a friend on the Houston Police force who told me that to this day, they are constantly running around putting out fires; every violent crime you can think of has gone up. What a great thing to export. I don't live in Houston, I live in a near by smaller town, and their kids keep getting expelled for bringing weapons to school. I work as a manager of a resturant and these jerks bring weapons with them. Im sorry I just don't have sympathy for much of 5th ward. So bring on the hate mail, I don't care. Like Popeye I ams what I ams and I see what I see. I think Texas got the worse new orleans had to offer.

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I haven't forgotten N.O but It hurts me that everyone has forgotten the other places hit by hurricanes. :sigh: N.O didn't even get the direct hit it was Miss. They just flooded because of the rain that broke the levee. Probley even a strong cold front could of caused that. People from Rita also suffer huge lost and we can't forget Wilma or Dennis. All of them storms damage cities, ruin home and took lives.

Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a long way to go before New Orleans and that disaster can be put behind us.

There are still over 6,000 people missing, many bodies are still not identified or buried. Much of the city is still not cleaned up, and we will be years paying for and working on the rebuilding.

A man my husband works with recently went down there to look for his grandmother. He found her body still in her home, unrecovered.

Most of the media attention has moved on, but people are still suffering.

Upvote 0