• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Have you ever felt

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you could be No more depressed than you are right now, the lowest possible place that there is? Not really feeling like you want to leave? everything is overwhelming, consuming, shadowing you? prayer won't work, there is no more desire for it, actaully no more desire for anything in this world....blah blah blah...depressing i know sorry,......
i have therapy today...doesn;t do much good, and pdoc tonight. just a ramble no response needed.

vimto

Dec 23, 2005
✟7,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Hi blessedmonof5,

you sound deeply distressed. My prayers are with you.

And yes I've been there, I really have - it takes a while to recover.
The Lord loves you and he holds on to you when your faith faulters. You are the apple of His eye even if you don't feel that way now.

Keep as active as possibe - and challenge those depressive thoughts ('I'm a waste of time, usless, to blame, guilty or whatever)!

Prayers for you and those lovely 5 children.

warm regards in Christ, vimto

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

Victory Over Depression

Does your happiness depend on everything in your life being just right? If you think you can't be happy until all your circumstances are right, you will never be happy. We all experience times in life when we feel down for various reasons, but we can't allow our circumstances to control our emotions. Satan seeks to fill our minds with negative thoughts and emotions that cause us to feel down. He is a discourager, and he pulls us down emotionally, spiritually, financially, and in every way he can. But Jesus is our Encourager, and He came to lift us up. He came to give us righteousness, peace, and joy, and all these things cause us to feel up!

Everyone experiences times of frustration and distress over unfulfilled hopes and dreams. When things don't go according to our plans, it is normal to feel disappointment. But we must be careful how we deal with that feeling, because disappointment is the beginning stage of depression. If we remain in a state of disappointment for too long, it can turn into discouragement, despair, and finally depression. Psalm 30:5 tells us that ...Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Things may make us feel sad temporarily, but we must not stay sad. Just as we cannot afford to stay mad very long, neither can we stay sad very long. If we do, Satan takes advantage of the open door and pushes his way further into our lives, bringing more serious problems with him.

DON'T TRUST YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS

Our number-one enemy is emotions. We tend to be led by how we feel, but we must realize that feelings are fickle, they change from day to day! We should be careful not to follow every thought that comes to our mind because our thoughts and feelings don't dictate truth to us. For many years of my life, I experienced regular depression. I would awaken many mornings with a little voice in my head saying, "I feel depressed." I believed this was my own thought, not realizing that it was Satan making suggestions to me through my mind. Later, when God drew me into a closer walk with Him and I began seriously studying His Word, I learned that I didn't have to follow every feeling and thought I had. I began to speak aloud and say, "I will not be depressed." I learned to put on the garment of praise spoken of in Isaiah 61:3. We may not always feel like praising, but a victorious person does not have the luxury of living by feelings.

I've learned that staying disappointed can cause me to start feeling discouraged, which is a deeper problem than disappointment. But I've also learned that you can't be hopeful and discouraged at the same time. So as soon as the devil attacks us with disappointment and we start feeling discouraged, we need to turn to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to fill us with hope. A brief period of discouragement may not have a devastating effect, but long-term discouragement can lead to depression—a very serious problem.

RESIST THE DEVIL AND REJOICE IN THE LORD!

Depression is defined in part as "a hollow; being in a low state; a state of sadness; dejection." The real cause of depression is not where we are, but our attitude about where we find ourselves. It is possible to learn to live on the other side of your feelings. We will always have feelings, they will never go away, but we can make our feelings line up with our decisions. That's why God gives us the fruit of self-control. James 4:7 tells us to resist the devil, and we must also resist depression and anything that resembles it because it is of the devil. Philippians 4:4 says, Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice! If we stay filled with the right thing, the wrong thing has no place.

If you don't let the devil impress you with what he does, then he can't oppress you. And if he can't oppress you, then he can't depress you. So choose to be led by the Holy Spirit and you can have victory over depression. We can choose to keep a hopeful attitude by renewing our minds with the promises found in God's Word. We can claim the promises as our own and stand in faith, believing God to help us overcome our feelings and move forward into better things. We can't control all of our circumstances, but we don't have to let what happens today ruin tomorrow. We can actually turn things around by making a decision to let go of the situations that caused the disappointment and discouragement and move toward the good things God has planned for our future. Many people are depressed because they can't face truth, but the Holy Spirit came to reveal truth to us. And we can't get past depression until we quit making excuses and blaming everyone else. We must face the truth and take responsibility for our actions. When we do that and ask God to help us, the spirit of heaviness leaves us and we feel light and free. Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:30: ...My burden is light and easy to be borne. Being depressed about circumstances does not change them, and is a total waste of time and a thief of joy. So we must stop letting our feelings, mind, body, and past experiences rule us and allow God to give us a fresh plan, a new idea, a new goal! You can experience victory over your emotions by being led, guided, controlled, and ruled by the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus sent to us as our Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby to remain with us forever (see John 14:16). Thank God, we don't have to be disappointed, discouraged, despondent, depressed, or in despair. Jesus not only is the Way, but He is also the way out! Jesus is our healer, our glory, and the lifter of our heads.

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Don't let go. Pray even if you feel it doesn't work. Don't depend on feelings or the flesh to know if something is real, something is there or something is working. Don't let Satan to rob you of the glory God has for you. God has you on assignment to be a blessing to others. Don't talk about your problems anymore but instead talk TO your problems. Establish with you mouth in the name of Jesus that you are going through the healing process right now. Many times it gets worse before it gets better and we have to hit rock bottom before we can totally surender to Jesus. Start praising God for your pending miracle. It is coming. Remember, when you are down to nothing, God is up to something. I pray that you'll touch many hurting souls when you come out of this. (Yes I said WHEN, lol) You'll be a blessing to others the way God intended you to be. His purpose for yours and all our lives.

Praying for your strength.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the replys, they meant alot. but it is so much deeper...i am at the bottom, and the feeling of the only way out is the end.....do you ever feel that your time here on earth is up, your job is done....what you are in you are not coming out of so you will be called home? if not thats my feeling....

someone here said because we cannot face the truth.....how can i not when it is there every day? i know what the truth is.....

active gym 7 days a week 2-3 hrs a day.... active enough....
like i said thanks
Denise

Reactions: linchen
Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Makes you wonder 27 views..hmmm and 4 reponses? did that mean people are tired? does it mean that they were non christians, they can read but cannot post, or does it mean they just do not know what to say? which ever just an observation......will pray for them though, whoever they are.:prayer: :prayer:

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

How To Enjoy Everyday Life

All of us have large portions of our time that need to be devoted to what we will call "common life and everyday business." I'm sure you know what I mean, things like, laundry, grocery store trips, auto repairs, dentist's visits, sweeping the floor, washing the dishes, going to work, etc. We tend to see these chores as being quite different from and even far below our "Spiritual Life," or the things we do which we consider to be holy. Most of us who really love and are devoted to God prefer the holy times to the common. Holy times are like praying, spiritual reading and meditation, sharing conversation about the Lord with friends, going to church, or other spiritual meetings. Seeing the two sides of our life as being in two entirely different categories usually causes quite a problem within the believer.

Often we feel divided within ourselves struggling to get finished with "common life and everyday business" so we can return to holy things, because we feel that we are holier or more right with God when we are doing what we believe to be holy things.

I believe this is one of the greatest deceptions of Satan. It keeps most people in a state of turmoil; dreading, and even despising the tasks of common life and everyday business. All of us must do them; it is part of life. They cannot be avoided. So we must have understanding on how in reality (truth) there is no difference between common and holy, except in our own minds. And if we will read the Bible properly and not be so religious in our thinking, we will move into an area of freedom that will shake the gates of hell. SATAN DOES NOT WANT YOU TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE. Naturally, if he can keep you thinking that God is only pleased with you when you are engaged in some sort of a so called "spiritual activity"; He can keep you unhappy a large part of the time. This misconception is one of his greatest tools to keep people from enjoying life. Often this comes as a vague feeling that makes a believer miserable, and he doesn't even understand what is wrong with him. All he knows is that something is amiss.

Everything we do is to be offered to the Lord; and if done so with a pure heart of love, it becomes holy. You can do common tasks, like go to the grocery store, and it will be just as holy as prayer, as long as you do all to the glory and honor of God. In the realm of importance, prayer is certainly more important than a trip to the grocery store, but not any holier. What I mean by prayer being more important is that it has eternal value, whereas a trip to the store or mopping the floor doesn't.

Romans 14 is an excellent chapter in the Bible to bring liberty in this area. Verses 5 & 6 (paraphrased) says: One man esteems one day as better than another (holier), while another man esteems all days alike (holy). Let everyone be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, does it in honor of the Lord. He also who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; while he who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Let's rewrite Romans 14:5-6 for a minute (Joyce's translation): One man sees prayer and Bible study as better (holier) than ordinary tasks. While a person that is really free in the Lord sees them all alike (all holy), because whatever he does, he does it in honor of the Lord.

This is true liberty—to be able to live an undivided life where we categorize some things as common and some as holy. Thereby as a result, we never enjoy the common because we are desperately trying to either avoid them completely or at least to rush through them so we can get to those things that are holy.

I just learned this lesson while traveling on an airplane to a speaking engagement. I was pondering on the thought of how glad I would be when I get to my destination, so I could pray and study. I was feeling very restless. The Lord began to minister to me that I needed to thoroughly enjoy the airplane ride and that it was just as holy to Him if I would offer it to Him. He is Holy, and He lives in you so that makes you holy. Therefore, wherever you go and whatever you do becomes holy. Now I realize, we are growing in manifesting holiness, but I'm sharing that it is His presence that makes things holy.

Another thing that had quite an effect on me in this area was a plaque I saw in a pastor's office. It said, "My work is worship." As long as I remember that, I find myself enjoying everything common life and everyday business as well as prayer, Bible study, and other things we define as spiritual. Join me in this liberated lifestyle and begin to enjoy everyday life.

Upvote 0

Silver-winged Flyer

I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Some of us read the messages but don't reply because we have the same or similar feelings so don't have answers for you but are hoping that people's comments to your post will help us too. Maybe I'm generalising too much but that's the case in my situation.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
blessedmomof5 said:
you could be No more depressed than you are right now, the lowest possible place that there is? Not really feeling like you want to leave? everything is overwhelming, consuming, shadowing you? prayer won't work, there is no more desire for it, actaully no more desire for anything in this world....blah blah blah...depressing i know sorry,......
i have therapy today...doesn;t do much good, and pdoc tonight. just a ramble no response needed.
I have felt that way before. Actually right now, after that session yesterday when I met a few other of my personalities he called ancestoral demons... very long story that is overwhelming, consuming, and is still shadowing me for some reason. Don't give up! I know it is depressing but you can get through this and there are people here for you. I will pray for you. Best Wishes. Lily:angel: :pray: :crossrc:
z---now I am just confused... I am just not sure of the session, what God wants me to do... but I rely on Him... it is just so vital...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blessedmomof5 said:
Thanks for the replys, they meant alot. but it is so much deeper...i am at the bottom, and the feeling of the only way out is the end.....do you ever feel that your time here on earth is up, your job is done....what you are in you are not coming out of so you will be called home? if not thats my feeling....

someone here said because we cannot face the truth.....how can i not when it is there every day? i know what the truth is.....

active gym 7 days a week 2-3 hrs a day.... active enough....
like i said thanks
Denise
Let me guess. You pray as much as you can (when you have the energy) but as you are praying, you feel as if God is disappointed in you. You don't even pick up the Bible, because you don't want to add to the confusion in your soul. You don't want to go to church, because you feel like it is all a lie. It takes all your energy just to get out of bed in the morning. All you think about is dying -- part of you wonders what it is like on the other side -- the other part doesn't care. You'd like to think God loves you, but it feels like He loves everyone else instead. Sometimes you wonder what you did that was really bad -- "If I say 'I'm sorry', would God forgive me once and for all . . ."

Is any of this close?

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
stanneberg said:
Let me guess. You pray as much as you can (when you have the energy) but as you are praying, you feel as if God is disappointed in you. You don't even pick up the Bible, because you don't want to add to the confusion in your soul. You don't want to go to church, because you feel like it is all a lie. It takes all your energy just to get out of bed in the morning. All you think about is dying -- part of you wonders what it is like on the other side -- the other part doesn't care. You'd like to think God loves you, but it feels like He loves everyone else instead. Sometimes you wonder what you did that was really bad -- "If I say 'I'm sorry', would God forgive me once and for all . . ."

Is any of this close?

well somewhat, lets see, i do go to church i actually like going..... the one pleasure in life i have.....pray , ok i did today for the first time for something i wanted or needed, and still waiting and it has been a longggggg while that i have....feelings will not be answered....but do have a slight bit of hope.Bible, not in mths...:cry: i have no choice but to get out of bed 5 kids.... but comsumed all day by my thoughts of which you do not know....see the thing is dying yes sounds wonderful, but i would not take my own life, bc of the kids..... but being i have a disorder, that could be fixed, and i do not fix it, i am at a high risk of dying so if i were to die that way, well i look at it, if it was an acident, and the kids willl think well mommy died as opposed to mommy killed herself...would never let them have to deal with the leftovers of that..i do wonder what i did that was so wrong to be so unloveable? to others...and wonder about my salvation.....daily..... is that close enough?

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blessedmomof5 said:
i do wonder what i did that was so wrong to be so unloveable? to others...and wonder about my salvation.....daily..... is that close enough?
I have been sitting here praying for you. You are under attack. The evil one is hovering around you trying to defeat you and depleat your energies -- render you absolutely useless. God has a special plan for your life and the enemy doesn't want this to happen.

Don't try to do anything. If you pick up the Bible and try to read it, the enemy will use it to confuse you. Satan tempted Jesus with scripture -- he skewed it just a little, but Jesus knew how to fight Him with the right scripture. Pray a word ... "Peace." Say this word under your breath and try to keep your mind away from all the tasks you need to accomplish at home. If you can sit in a chair for a few minutes, picture yourself next to a stream of water. Imagine that God just took you there -- to love you, to tend to your needs, to feed you, to hug your neck and speak softly to you. This is what He did for the Prophet Elijah.

What I will be doing is carrying you in my prayers. God has given me this burden, and he's given it to others on the Forum as well. I'm going to be praying that He would restore your soul. I will pray the evil one away from you and an army of angles to you. Don't worry about your salvation. You are secure with Christ!

This thing you can't fight on your own. Don't even try. God loves you so much that He caused to write this thread, and He gave a few of us the burden to pray diligently for you. Isn't God cool? This is what He did for me several months ago.

Just watch, and wait. A miracle is about to happen!

Upvote 0

BOJAX

May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
stanneberg said:
I have been sitting here praying for you. You are under attack. The evil one is hovering around you trying to defeat you and depleat your energies -- render you absolutely useless. God has a special plan for your life and the enemy doesn't want this to happen.

Don't try to do anything. If you pick up the Bible and try to read it, the enemy will use it to confuse you. Satan tempted Jesus with scripture -- he skewed it just a little, but Jesus knew how to fight Him with the right scripture. Pray a word ... "Peace." Say this word under your breath and try to keep your mind away from all the tasks you need to accomplish at home. If you can sit in a chair for a few minutes, picture yourself next to a stream of water. Imagine that God just took you there -- to love you, to tend to your needs, to feed you, to hug your neck and speak softly to you. This is what He did for the Prophet Elijah.

What I will be doing is carrying you in my prayers. God has given me this burden, and he's given it to others on the Forum as well. I'm going to be praying that He would restore your soul. I will pray the evil one away from you and an army of angles to you. Don't worry about your salvation. You are secure with Christ!

This thing you can't fight on your own. Don't even try. God loves you so much that He caused to write this thread, and He gave a few of us the burden to pray diligently for you. Isn't God cool? This is what He did for me several months ago.

Just watch, and wait. A miracle is about to happen!

stanneberg is giving you some great advice. Expect your deliverance like you would expect a package that you sent away from.

Praying is like placing the order.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
debating on whether i should let you in on this...***scratches head*** ***ponders****UGH....******THINK**** just do it... see you all think it is diffrent from what it really is...******so here****puts self out on a limb****

http://www.christianforums.com/t2159892

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blessedmomof5 said:
debating on whether i should let you in on this...***scratches head*** ***ponders****UGH....******THINK**** just do it... see you all think it is diffrent from what it really is...******so here****puts self out on a limb****
You are such a brave woman. It may not feel like it, but my hat is off to you! It took great courage to let us into your life.

You are going to receive healing. I know this. While I was praying for you, I saw God reaching down and comforting you in a way that only He can do. You will be able to "ride" this feeling for awhile, then the old accusationary voice will return. Don't worry, I will still be praying for you. Don't give up. Every chance you get a little energy, Praise God. Praise Him for food. Praise Him for every struggle you have -- this is what I have been doing!

Do this! Don't fight, don't condemn, don't get angry -- PRAISE HIM!

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, but your every waking thought is that... and when not that it is exercising, nd not the normal amount...2-4 hrs a day..and thats not good enoguh...you are consumed....i was normal at one point ok maybe younger i had problems like these but never ever this bad....it's almost or it is when i became a christian and became a threat to satan is when he got scared, and i thought i could fight him off, but he new my weakness, and i allowed him in.. ad now i won;t let him leave,,, and i can't. to be honest, it has otten so bad i think i need , no i know i need to go away...long term... relearn evreything all over again, and i have done that before.... but forced....this time for me...but husband made a comment that he does not think i need it, i have my team here, even though i am getting worse....so in my mind to spite him i will show him how wrong he was.....

Upvote 0

BOJAX

May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, thank you for sharing with us your struggles. It will take time and your earnest seeking of God's love, but I do have faith that eventually you will start to see yourself as God sees you. Not the flesh but the Spirit. :)

Thanks again for sharing, now we know what we can specifically pray about.

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was just thinking about the song Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus -- look full into His wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.

There's a trick to this whole thing. Jesus is interested in who you are RIGHT NOW! He loves you just the way you are: angry, lonely, frightened, disappointed -- the whole YOU! Good and Bad! Now, Satan is interested in destroying you. So pay attention! I'm going to give you the rules of the game. Every time you go back into the past and think of all the things you should have done different, you cause yourself to live in guilt. Nothing can change the past. Satan wants to keep you in this state of guilt because he knows that it robs you of the life that Jesus wants for you in the "right now." Also, looking toward the future through your eyes is causing anxiety. When you live in this anxious state, Satan is robbing you, again, from the abundant life Christ promised. You need to live in "the now!" When you live in "the now" you are living in "the truth" -- which is where Jesus is. Go too far to the right and you're living the lie of "what could be". Live too far to the left and you're living the lie of "what might have been". Either extreme is not the truth and will mess you up every time.

Turning your eyes upon Jesus is not an easy thing to do. In fact, one of my prayers for you this evening is that He would show you how do do this. There are many voices speaking to you all at once. I can hear them. I want you to be able to listen to them without talking back to them or trying to defend yourself. This will be hard. There is one voice you need to listen to -- the still small voice of God. (Actually it is the Holy Spirit!) This still small voice will become your new friend. Another prayer of mine is that you would be able to walk through the room, ignoring all those condemning voices until you hear that special one. When you get to it and hear it, you will have a warmth all over your body. You will know that you are loved and accepted. You will experience freedom.

Try this. It won't be easy. It may take awhile. Don't worry about your family -- tonight, God will take care of them. Tonight, you will become free. I have seen this! Trust me, I'll be praying for you until I know that you are safe.

Stephen

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.