Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just finished watching a powerful testimony (highly recommended), and at minute 25:03 this lady tells her experience of being drunk in the Spirit. I'm just sharing this testimony as an example, but this is not the first time I've heard about this.

What are your thoughts on being drunk in the Spirit? Have you ever experienced this?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just finished watching a powerful testimony (highly recommended), and at minute 25:03 this lady tells her experience of being drunk in the Spirit. I'm just sharing this testimony as an example, but this is not the first time I've heard about this.

What are your thoughts on being drunk in the Spirit? Have you ever experienced this?
When you watch someone who acts "drunk in the spirit" ask yourself if it represents the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Here is the list

LOVE
JOY
PEACE
PATIENCE
KINDNESS
GOODNESS
FAITHFULNESS
KINDNESS
SELF CONTROL

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you watch someone who acts "drunk in the spirit" ask yourself if it represents the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Here is the list

LOVE
JOY
PEACE
PATIENCE
KINDNESS
SELF CONTROL

Watch the entire testimony.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Do we find this anywhere in Scripture?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here's some scriptures that says they fell - in all directions:
-2Ch 5:14 "So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."
-Rev 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
-Eze 44:4 "Then the man brought me by way of the north gate to the front of the temple. I looked, and the glory of the Lord filled his temple. And I fell facedown."
-They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.” John 18:5-6
-"Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face." Num 22:3

They trembled including:
-"And all the people saw the thunderings, and the flames, and the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw [it], they trembled, and stood afar off,"
-"Then were assembled to me every one that trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the unfaithfulness of those that had been carried away; and I sat overwhelmed until the evening oblation." Ezra

They laughed including-
"Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with rejoicing: then said they among the nations, Jehovah hath done great things for them.... Jehovah hath done great things for us; [and] we are joyful." PSA 126:2-3
"...for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, and peace, and joy in [the] Holy Spirit." Rom 14:17

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
We are told in Scripture to not be "drunk" as we anticipate the Lord's return, so characterizing any Holy Spirit filling as literally drunk seems inconsistent with Scripture and the Holiness of our Trinity Godhead. I have on multiple occasions felt the illumination of the Spirit even to the point where I was saying things and doing things impossible for me alone, but never in an incoherent manner. Once I was even asked if I was a pastor after speaking at a funeral for my grandmother, but in no way was I ever "drunk" like someone on booze would be described, stumbling, mumbling, and personally out of control. It was in fact the opposite - more like a higher level of consciousness, not a lesser level as with alcohol.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's a good reference because:
"Cretans and Arabians too—we all hear them speaking in our own native tongues [and telling of] the mighty works of God!

12 And all were beside themselves with amazement and were puzzled and bewildered, saying one to another, What can this mean?

13 But others made a joke of it and derisively said, They are simply drunk and full of sweet [intoxicating] wine.

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them: You Jews and all you residents of Jerusalem, let this be [explained] to you so that you will know and understand; listen closely to what I have to say.

15 For these men are not drunk, as you imagine, for it is [only] the third hour (about 9:00 a.m.) of the day;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

Yes, I've been drunk in the Holy Spirit many times.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreppedNsaved

May 23, 2021
Wisconsin
✟8,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a good reference because:
"Cretans and Arabians too—we all hear them speaking in our own native tongues [and telling of] the mighty works of God!

12 And all were beside themselves with amazement and were puzzled and bewildered, saying one to another, What can this mean?

13 But others made a joke of it and derisively said, They are simply drunk and full of sweet [intoxicating] wine.

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them: You Jews and all you residents of Jerusalem, let this be [explained] to you so that you will know and understand; listen closely to what I have to say.

15 For these men are not drunk, as you imagine, for it is [only] the third hour (about 9:00 a.m.) of the day;

What was happening at this time was the gift of tongues where they were speaking in the languages of others who spoke those languages. They were not falling on the ground and making animal noises. There's a difference.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I've not seen people who are drunk in The Spirit, I've seen people "slain" in The Spirit.

Such things depend on how sensitive a person is spiritually.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Godwilling

Jun 18, 2021
peyton
✟10,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have experienced drunk in the spirit and it is a refreshing experience. I have watched others and some of them really look as if they are drunk. All drunk in the spirit is joy in such large amounts coming upon you that it appears you are drunk. It can be very catching and is very funny to watch. Also drunk in the spirit is scriptural. God is a God of joy so why is being drunk in the spirit so hard to believe.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
If part of the sign of being drunk in the spirit is joy and peace then i would believe it but if it's fear and anxiety then it can't be ythe Holy Spirit
Good comment.
Over many decades I've seen countless people drunk in the Holy Spirit, and it always comes with joy and peace.
The only fear and anxiety I have witnessed comes from those who constantly cast doubt and unbelief over it.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0