Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I've had a very bad past 2 years. Your welcome to check my very first fourm discussion,anyway,today at work,I found myself being very angry with God. Again,the reason why can be read in my first post. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever found themselves feeling this way? As Christian's,I guess most of us would quickly dismiss thoughts instantly,for fear of being punished by him for feeling that way? God created humans with the ability to feel emotions. The bible says that God had felt angry many times in the Bible. I've read stories of Jonah being upset with God. jesus was angry when he chaised the money changers out of the temple. He even became physical turning over tables & such. I'm ready for bed now after a long day. I'm tired but have calmed down. And now I feel bad for being mad with God. Of course I've prayed & told him I am sorry & asked for forgiveness. But like I said,have any of you experienced these feelings? Do you think god understands when we get mad at him?

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had a very bad past 2 years. Your welcome to check my very first fourm discussion,anyway,today at work,I found myself being very angry with God. Again,the reason why can be read in my first post. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever found themselves feeling this way? As Christian's,I guess most of us would quickly dismiss thoughts instantly,for fear of being punished by him for feeling that way? God created humans with the ability to feel emotions. The bible says that God had felt angry many times in the Bible. I've read stories of Jonah being upset with God. jesus was angry when he chaised the money changers out of the temple. He even became physical turning over tables & such. I'm ready for bed now after a long day. I'm tired but have calmed down. And now I feel bad for being mad with God. Of course I've prayed & told him I am sorry & asked for forgiveness. But like I said,have any of you experienced these feelings? Do you think god understands when we get mad at him?

Yes....to all your questions, Crystal. I'm not perfect either; but you and I both know someone who is and forgives us and loves us perfectly. Jesus. :cool: Now, go to sleep and get some rest.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have been angry at God. But He is good. He doesn't love me any the less. And when I get over my anger, I just tell Him I was sorry about being angry and thinking I know better than Him. And we "make up". Or rather, I make up as He never changes or leaves.

God's love is unchanging- even when we are angry at Him! "Perfect love casteth out fear" and He loves us perfectly.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Do you think god understands when we get mad at him?
I'm a bit of an angry old guy , but less so these days. Funny thing is though, I hardly remember being angry with God. Oh wait, there is one incident. But this was in retrospect rather than angry at the time.
I was angry at God for allowing me to screw up in my first year as an elementary school teacher. I totally screwed up. The class was out of control. I was an imposter. I didn't deserve to be there. My father talked me into continuing. ( I mean the alternative would be factory worker at the time)I lasted another 9 years as a teacher. I improved but I don't think teaching was really my calling. I was too anxious. I said to Him "why didn't you point me in the right direction in the first place? Not just my pain but the kids' too."
But now I see it as my fault. I was ignoring Him. What should I expect? Hey stranger, why are you asking me for help? I hardly know you" Had I relationship with God, a decent one, then I could've handled that nightmare, much better.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I have been angry at God. But He is good. He doesn't love me any the less. And when I get over my anger, I just tell Him I was sorry about being angry and thinking I know better than Him. And we "make up". Or rather, I make up as He never changes or leaves.

God's love is unchanging- even when we are angry at Him! "Perfect love casteth out fear" and He loves us perfectly.

I do the same thing getting mad at God sometimes,but than feel so convicted about it and cry out to
God for forgiveness. I always remember his love is eternal and no matter what he can take it.

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes

Yes. during the first few years of my journey as a Christian, I had been angry at God many times. I question his will, I scream at him for being so unfair, i beg for forgiveness and guidance right after.

But like any parent, God loves us so much that he patiently waits for us to calm. down and realize that we need to trust Him in everything....

it's normal to get angry, to wonder why things happen, why we have to get hurt. I guess God allows us to feel mad and question Him so that we could grow and eventually understand Him more. but that's just based on my personal experience...

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have a love/hate relationship with God. I suffered a lot due to the way my brain is wired and I have a hard time understanding why God would make me like this while giving my tormentors everything I was denied in life. Obviously this has caused strain in my relationship with Him.

But hey, God is good, He is kind, He is patient. He understands how I feel and knows my limitations. I'm no threat to Him and He can take my anger. He knows the full story, I do not. You can't stay angry at a child for something he/she had very little understanding of. On top of that, He plans to fix everything since we are doing such a poor job at managing this world by ourselves.

Don't feel alone. We all have felt friction with God at one point or another in our lives.
Nice balanced view.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted this tonight, but will share it with you...Lots of people live with doubts about Gods love, and acceptance.

I can only share with you what God has done for me, in hopes that it will cause you to look to him. I met Jesus in the 1970's I had a rare and dramatic conversion (at least that is what Christians tell me).

But by the end of 75 I had accidentally disobeyed a spoken word... Let me explain.

I had gone to visit a dearly loved Christian brother, he was like a father to me. He and his wife were like my spiritual parents. Anyway, the weekend I went to see him, his wife was gone away to school for 3 weeks. He was so lonely for company, he asked me to go to dinner with him

Immediately the Lord spoke (just like hearing someone standing next to you, and speaking to you, but no one else hears it) and the Lord said "do not go". Immediately I told Bob "I can't go" he said "Oh Rod please go with me, I don't want to eat alone".

Now this restaurant served liquor, and I thought that was what the Lord was worried about. So, I said "Oh Lord you know me I don't drink"... So off we go to the restaurant.

Soon after we get there, a brother who was really struggling with alcohol, came into the restaurant, his name was Augie, he immediately started proclaiming we didn't like him because he was Puerto Rican, we claimed that was silly, and not true.

Well this started a fight, I was just a kid, and he took a swing at me, Bob stepped in between and got hit, they were fighting. I couldn't believe it, and couldn't watch it. I started to walk away, but when I did Bob felt betrayed, and said "If you walk, you might as well go all the way home". Oh man that cut like a knife.

The next morning, I had to leave, but the Lord spoke and said "tell Bob you forgive him, and give him a hug". But I refused, I said "Lord I can't, it hurts to bad". So, I left for home 3000 miles away.

Oh man, when I got home, what a mess I created. My life seemed to fall apart. I felt like Hudson Taylor the missionary to China, who said one day sin and troubles became so apparent, so overwhelming he didn't know what to do. Well that was me, sin and lust in total control, and it just wouldn't let up, nor let me go.

I spent (30+) years in this sin and a spiritual wilderness that seemed God had died or left me completely alone, as if He hated me for disobeying Him. (Of course, none of this was true, I know that now). I was crushed, I confessed my sins to God and anyone who would listen. I felt for sure I was on my way to hell.

I even fasted for 30 days one time, I wrote men of God, I cried, shouted, pleaded with God, got angry, desperate, I just can't share enough what this did to me. The silence was killing me.

But I continued on, working, raising my family, going to school, going to church, tithing, and nothing helped.

But never once was I unaware of two things God wanted to change, one was my sin, the other was the fact that I wasn't trusting Him as I went thru this wilderness and sin trial. Then…

One day Jesus shows up, His presence so real you though he was going to appear bodily. And then He spoke.... It happened like this.

I'm driving, and lusting. I cry out to God, where are you, why aren't you helping me with this!

All of a sudden, I hear this statement "why don't you tell me the truth". I say "what truth"…Then my understanding is opened and I SEE!

I say OK Lord… "I don't want you to interfere, I love my sin and while I'm troubled about it, I don't want you to interfere" leave my sin alone.

Do you know what happened? I somehow forgot all those thoughts about sin and lust, if they came back I would confess this new-found truth and somehow my mind would be distracted again.

This went on for a few days, and then I found myself free.

This reminds me of a guy named Tommy Williams from the 70's…A brother walks up to Tommy complaining that he can't stop smoking.

Tommy says "brother when Jesus is ready for you to stop, then you will. A few days later that brother was so excited, because he found himself free a few days later.

NOW what does all of this show me…

It shows me we do NOT know truth UNTIL it is revealed to us, and most importantly "Truth is a person", and that person makes us free.

Now onto the issue of Trust.

I just couldn't do it, I agreed I needed to, but I just couldn't find it, I had no emotional connection to this issue of trust. Oh, I could say the words "I trust you Lord". But not with emotion, not with a full heart.

You know what I mean, about an emotional connection, so they just weren't empty words right?

Look it's like a man saying to a woman "yea sure I love you" she knows he doesn't mean it.

BUT if he says "I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART" and If I live, and I live without you, then I will surly die. My day begins with you, and it ends with you. Life is nothing without you.

That is a statement with emotion behind it, and it's real.

This is why God wants us to experience Him. Do you think after the walls of Jericho fell that those men ran home, and said "the walls fell down, big deal"? No, they were telling everyone the mighty works of God and how wonderful He was.

So back to my story… It happened similar to the sin issue, I was driving, and was again all alone. I was listening to a CD (Led Zeppelin) it was blaring loud.

Once again, I heard Him speak. He said "You still aren't trusting me". I said "I know it Lord, I just can't find it, I don't have the strength or will" ALL of a sudden, it's as if something was poured into me and I understood.

*Remember I hated this empty spiritual wilderness I was in, I just HATED IT with a passion.

To my surprise I hear myself say "Lord this place, this wilderness, it is the perfect place for me, it was the best choice that you made for me" (yes, I sinned, and it was my fault… But I for some reason needed to learn to trust him, by going thru this).

I finished by saying "Lord I just trust you, with all my heart"

So that is what God did for me, he removed these two mountains out of my life, when I could not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request and for a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:prayer::prayer:

163f373e52ffc130540e906a8284f663.jpg

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been very very angry with God. In fact, I'm still angry right now. I won't lie. But even in my anger, I love Him SO much! I love Him and want to continue to seek Him, so I am. I cry. I yell. Sometimes I have peace and comfort from Him, other times, I feel so depressed I don't want to get out of bed. God wants you to tell Him the anger. You know, he already knows your heart. So why continue to try and hide it? Give it to Him. Let Him take it and help you. Ask Him to. Peace be with you. I am continuing to pray for you.

Upvote 0

Crystalp8

Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I've been very very angry with God. In fact, I'm still angry right now. I won't lie. But even in my anger, I love Him SO much! I love Him and want to continue to seek Him, so I am. I cry. I yell. Sometimes I have peace and comfort from Him, other times, I feel so depressed I don't want to get out of bed. God wants you to tell Him the anger. You know, he already knows your heart. So why continue to try and hide it? Give it to Him. Let Him take it and help you. Ask Him to. Peace be with you. I am continuing to pray for you.
This is hands down the best comment! No judgement from crotchety old men!! No judgement from self rightious hypocrites who believe they're sole purpose is to wage holy war via internet. Lol I wish I had that kind of time on my hands. Keep on keeping on oh holy crusaders of of the world wide web! Keep working to change the world one beligerant post at a time

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is hands down the best comment! No judgement from crotchety old men!! No judgement from self rightious hypocrites who believe they're sole purpose is to wage holy war via internet. Lol I wish I had that kind of time on my hands. Keep on keeping on oh holy crusaders of of the world wide web! Keep working to change the world one beligerant post at a time
MintyCupcake is a sweetypie thats for sure :)

Upvote 0

Crystalp8

Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
MintyCupcake is a sweetypie thats for sure :)

Yes she is!! And her words about relating to what I've been feeling inspired me to take how I was feeling to God in prayer! I have been reading these past few hours about god understanding our pain & meeting our needs. I have been praying through these feelings & making my peace with my anger. And I would like to apologise for my snarky attitude to all. Thank you for praying for me! If you've ever wondered if your prayers & encouragement has helped someone just know it's helped me. God bless you Mrs cupcake

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Still praying for you. I know you are in so much pain. It's okay. You are going to be okay. It will take time and lots and lots of prayer. hugs and I'm going to keep praying for you. You can come out of the pit you are in. It will take a lot of determination and it seems like to me, you have that. You are here fighting, so you ARE determined. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Crystalp8

Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Still praying for you. I know you are in so much pain. It's okay. You are going to be okay. It will take time and lots and lots of prayer. hugs and I'm going to keep praying for you. You can come out of the pit you are in. It will take a lot of determination and it seems like to me, you have that. You are here fighting, so you ARE determined. God bless you.
And I'm praying for you sweet sister!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Yes, i've been furious with God and i've wrestled with Him and gone through the entire Psalms with Him, like David, but even more intense. i honestly HAD to. I was like Jacob, and desperate. I was like a spooked horse. And He knew it, and He saw beyond my words and actions, and panic, and flailing, and saw my need. And THAT is what He saw, and focused on. He knew it was because of searing and inexplicable pain.

He HEARS you precious. He LOVES you. Praying that He ministers to you as only He can and heals every place you hurt. I'm so thankful that you found your way to CF. You're not alone. Our heavenly Father loves ALL of hIs daughters in all of our stages of hurting and healing. His shoulders a bigger than ours, and He sees beyond our manifestations of excruciating pain and sees our need. Lifting you up to our Father, precious. (((hug)))

Upvote 0