Have the Holy Spirit left me?

xMATHiiASx

Oct 5, 2010
✟15,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
hey I was just wondering if the Holy Spirit has left me, 'cause i might suspect that I blasphemed in the holy spirit's name yesterday. I was mad, and without saying it, i just thought and said inside my head "leave me holy spirit! you never were there" and when I woke up today I felt dead inside, like something has left me.
i talked to my best friend which is christian due to my concern, but I can't really find out if I blasphemed in the name of the Holy Spirit.

And that is the Unforgiveable sin right`? I am really concerned please somebody answer ):

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says that Jesus will never leave you and the Holy Spirit is the very spirit of Jesus. You just need to repent and invite the Holy Spirit back into your heart - He never left - but until you are ready to again respect His presence He will not interfer with your thoughts - He is a gentleman and will not push Himself upon you.

It is hard to commit the unforgiveable sin when you love Jesus and let the Holy Spirit guide you. You did not commit this sin. Once you repent you are again seen white as snow and your sin is in the lake of forgetfullness and only you will remember what you said, God will remember it no more.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well said Sharon! I would like to point out that when we sin we have a responsibility to ourselves to learn and apply ourselves to change. I don't know what brought you to the point of wanting to reject the Holy Spirit, but I would say it is wise to investigate what happened, pray, read and think how you might use the experience to make a change for the better :)

Upvote 0

xMATHiiASx

Oct 5, 2010
✟15,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
But guys, I just have a hard time to find the difference between REJECTING the Holy Spirit and Blaspheming in the Holy Spirit's name. Seriously, it's very confusing for a new-born christian ): Could somebody be kind and break it down for me: What is the unforgiveable sin? 'cause I'm really confused guys.

god bless you. sorry for double post

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't blaspheme, you expressed in your hurt that you didn't want to speak to Him. Take the following definition:

blaspheme - Wiktionary

"Things said against the Church or God."

From what you explained you don't appear to have intentionally spoken wrongly of God, and furthermore when you said "leave me holy spirit! you never were there", you contradicted yourself by telling Him who apparently wasn't there to leave :confused: It is only my suspicion that makes me think you were being tested by the enemy, and when we believe his lies we fall victim to confusion.

I think the fact that you woke this morning feeling a lack of His presence just proves that He always was there, and you should be able to know that this is further evidence that His presence IS real.

Like any relationship, ours with God may have ups and downs, the important thing is to use our experiences for improvement. Also, remember that although you respect your friend for having more experience with Christianity, it is important to know that he doesn't know you as thoroughly as God does, and being a fallible human is prone to be mistaken so you should always look to God for the truth and learn to take what you can from others with a pinch of salt, knowing that there is a possibility they could be wrong ;)

You sound like your faith is still being challenged, and during this process it is very important to apply your best effort to learning how to overcome the hurdles you face. The hurdles are put there not to hinder our relationship with God, but to strengthen it by overcoming them.

Upvote 0

MyEverything

♥ The Only Soul I Know ♥
Aug 2, 2010
✟8,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is to claim that Christ performed His miracles by the hand of the Devil (not by the power of God) and that He was possessed by the Devil.

By that definition, you clearly didn't commit the Unforgivable Sin. You just said something out of anger. Ask God for forgiveness and invite His Spirit back into your heart. God is so loving. He will forgive you. :)

Upvote 0

Drew86

May 30, 2010
✟15,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The unforgivable sin is not a single thought or action or sin, it's a gradual hardening process that occurs from sin. I was a new born back in December and I have taken a really deadly path through sin. You certainly have not blasphemed Him, the Devil will make you think you did. This time of your life is THE MOST CRITICAL part of your life. Get away from every single person who sins, any sin you have whatsoever. Read Hebrews, it talks about reaching maturity. Please don't sin, I know I sound critical but I know this from what I've done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xMATHiiASx

Oct 5, 2010
✟15,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
oh guys thank you so much I got so worried.! I'm a new born christian, nobody understands the importance of being right with God. Many people think it's a game ; you know what I mean guys. It is very confusing as a new-born christian especially when you're struggling with trying to pay attention to God and not material things. God bless you all

Reactions: oi_antz
Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh guys thank you so much I got so worried.! I'm a new born christian, nobody understands the importance of being right with God. Many people think it's a game ; you know what I mean guys. It is very confusing as a new-born christian especially when you're struggling with trying to pay attention to God and not material things. God bless you all

Yes it takes time to get a really firm standing in Christ, but be assured you are in safe and loving hands and you did the right thing by reaching out for help :)

Upvote 0

Phaedron777

Mar 14, 2011
✟643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit is a person with feelings too. You asked him to leave and he left, but he will come back. The spirit can be grieved, or even quenched. If all else fails, pray, fast, and ask a friendly holy spirit filled christian to pray in intercession for you. If a flame goes out, you just need another flame to relight it.

The unforgivable sin is attributing that which is holy onto satan. Mark records a slightly different translation saying that one is in danger of going to hell.

Upvote 0