Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I see examples of crazy progressive professors on university campuses on the news and YouTube all the time lately. I went to school in the late eighties and nineties and my progressive professors were so different. For example:

1) so many progressives now want to cancel historical figures because of some defect in their character. One of my progressive professors taught his students to not judge historical figures to harshly, He taught us, “There’s no such thing as a great person, but some times a person does a great thing.”

2) Debate is no longer encouraged. These new progressives seem so sure about their views. Another one of my progressive professors taught us, “If you graduate from this university think you are smarter than you were before you got her, then you did not receive an education. When you graduate, you should come to the realization that there is so much you don’t know.”

Am I wrong to believe that these “progressive” teachings would no longer be accepted on university campuses? Like I said, I’ve been out of school for a long time, so I really don’t know what it’s like now.