Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Matthew 10:24-33 ESV

“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household.
“So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
“So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.”

If we are true followers of Jesus Christ, then we are his disciples. And if we are not following him with our lives, but if we are still walking in sin, then we don’t even know him. We are not in fellowship with him. So we can’t be in Christ and not ever follow the Lord in obedience. This is not saying we will never sin again or that we couldn’t fall away and need to be brought back to repentance, but if we never died with Christ to sin, and if we never walked in obedience to his commands, then we did/do not know him.

So, if we are in Christ by God-given faith in Jesus Christ then we are his disciples. And if we are his disciples then we are his followers. And if we are truly following him in obedience to his ways, and if we are sharing the gospel of our salvation (the whole counsel of God), then just as Jesus’ enemies accused him of being of Satan, our enemies will accuse us of wrongdoing, too. But we are not to fear them or what they might do to us or say to us or about us, even when they treat us like Jesus Christ was treated.

For all that is now hidden, although it is not hidden from God, is going to be revealed one day. So whatever the Lord tells us to say, we are to say. And he tells us these things through his written Word and through the witness of the Holy Spirit living within us. But we must test the spirits to see if they are of God, for a lot of people are claiming to be speaking from the Holy Spirit who are speaking words of blasphemy against our Lord. So make certain you are hearing of the Spirit of God and not from other spirits.

So, just know that if Jesus Christ is truly your Lord and Master, and if you are following him in obedience to his commands, in truth and in righteousness, that his enemies will be your enemies. And they may be others professing faith in Jesus Christ, too, but who are still walking in sin and by the flesh and not in holiness and in righteousness, by the Spirit. And so they may resent your walk of faith or find it offensive to them because they are still walking in sin. So have no fear of them. Keep obeying Jesus!

[Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; Jn 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Jn 17:14; Ac 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 2 Tim 3:12; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Jn 3:13]

Caution: This link may contain ads

For Our Nation

An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.