New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I told a lie to my father 3 or 4 years ago. Earlier this year I was convicted of this lie I made up and I told my dad the lie may or not be true, I was again convicted because that wasn't the truth and I knew the fib never happened. I finally told my dad a while ago that I did in fact lie and I apologized. My question is do I need to apologize once again for not admitting the truth at first? Thank you and Jesus bless you

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I told a lie to my father 3 or 4 years ago. Earlier this year I was convicted of this lie I made up and I told my dad the lie may or not be true, I was again convicted because that wasn't the truth and I knew the fib never happened. I finally told my dad a while ago that I did in fact lie and I apologized. My question is do I need to apologize once again for not admitting the truth at first? Thank you and Jesus bless you
1 John 1:9 says that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Your sin was not toward God but toward your father, and so it was right for you to confess to him. Having made that confession, there remains nothing further hindering your walk in the Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Forgive yourself and let it go.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Peble

Mouse vs Ancient Serpent - on the ropes.
Sep 17, 2018
Rome
✟16,958.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Isn't it a wee bit obsessive to be this worried about this? This seems to me a rather "trivial" mistake. Repent (truly), confess and you're in God's grace once again. Is all it takes, pal.

Upvote 0