Have any of you agreed to divorce even

Sugarjay

Jul 12, 2006
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, I have, we both filed a joint petition for divorce a week ago. What happned in the end is yet TBD. SHe has admitted commiting adultry (she has a boyfriend now) so therfore I feel I have biblical grounds for jointly agreeing to the divorce. I do still love her and will choose to do so. THe feeling are next to gone but I will always choose to love her. Make sense? I do wish we could reconcile before the divorce becomes final but this would mean she would have to admit to her sins and get professional help. I will not lose hope but it does not look good. Once they have another person in thier life they don't seem to care for their old relationship aymore. Mabe someday but not now.

Upvote 0

Ashyah

Jul 11, 2006
Illinois
✟7,813.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of spouse cheating.

I don't cheat either never have.

I want a divorce but, I am feeling convicted because I really don't have grounds for it. As long as he is not cheating or doesn't ask for one I feel I shouldn't.

Right now I am confused now I have pride because I told him that I started proceedings.

Upvote 0

HisWillTew

Jul 7, 2006
Florida
✟15,166.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you didn't want it?

Out of pride?

Did your spouse say she was getting one and you said ok? Even though you didn't want it and didn't have another in your life?

What happened at the end?
Not yet. However, in Florida, it doesn't matter if you consent or not. Only one party has to have a grievance. I was even told by my attorney that I may have to file in order to beat the clock for spousal support, since I haven't been served yet.

I told my attorney and my therapist that there was no way I could do that, no matter what it cost me. I made my promise before God and witnesses and I do not intend to be the one to break it for financial reasons. Some here will say I'm stupid in that regard, but I could not look myself in the mirror if I did something like that.

I will leave the legal matters up to those who do that, and my future in God's hands.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of spouse cheating.

I don't cheat either never have.

I want a divorce but, I am feeling convicted because I really don't have grounds for it. As long as he is not cheating or doesn't ask for one I feel I shouldn't.

Right now I am confused now I have pride because I told him that I started proceedings.

What do you think you, him, or your children will gain from a divorce? Most everyone I know who initiated divorce tends to look back on it as, 'Maybe it wasn't such a good idea. I suppose I wasn't a perfect spouse to be with either.' Of course there are some cases where a husband beats a wife or a wife abandons a husband while he is deployed to Iraq where they are happy to be rid of their spouse but these cases are few of the people I know.

Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that ANYONE wants a divorce (unless they are the one being unfaithful). I know that even though my husband was abusive in many aspects, I never WANTED to go through a divorce. Divorces are painful, no one wants that pain, but sometimes it cannot be avoided and that is what i had to accept. I filed for divorce in my case and while i didn't want to go through it, i knew i had to because he had already broken me as a person. If i didnt leave, I would never have lived through the marriage (he was a police officer and his favorite thing to do was take his gun and put it to my head).

I don't think that very often you will find people who do it out of pride, either. what praciticing christian would be proud of a divorce? i wasn't. I was horribly ashamed of myself and my situation. 21 and divorced, i just knew that GOD would never forgive me and that I would nevre forgive myself. God is there, though, when we are at our most humble and we feel like he could never love us or forgive us...he is there and he does forgive.

My ex husband never threatened divorce. his resolution to it all was to kill me and then kill himself. he wouldnt divorce me because in spite of the fact that i was fat, ugly, lazy, and useless-we were meant to be together and the only way he would break that "bond" we had is to end both our lives. I had no one else in my life and for nearly two years after the divorce, i didn't even try to date because i still felt like i would be unfaithful to my already-remarried ex husband.

In the end, I filed for the divorce, he signed a petition to not show up for court...our divorce was finalized and he was married to his FOURTH wife a week after our divorce was finalized.

Ash, you and I have spoken quite a bit about your situation. While your husband has not abused you physically, he has abandoned you. You have said yourself that you are holding on to something that was never there. I still stand by what I said, wait until you are sure, bu don't let yourself get in the way. Ash is the only one that can make the decision that she has had enough. No one else can make that decision for you. Once you decide that, though, you will be certain of it and you will have no regrets. Please just don't get caught up in what we have to say. Follow what the Lord has written on your heart, he will NEVER lead you astray. Bless you sister and I am praying for you!

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Even though my husband abondoned me a long time ago. He didn't leave because couldn't afford an apartment.

And, I haven't heard from him about anything.

I have put the divorce on hold for now.

He abandoned you but he lives with you in your house? What would happen if you did your best to try to get friendly with him? Do you think you can seduce your husband?

Upvote 0

Ashyah

Jul 11, 2006
Illinois
✟7,813.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Autumnleaf,

We don't live in same house. I have had an apartment during the last 6 months.
I have been self sufficient. I haven't heard from him at all.
For the last couple of years while I was still at the house, he slept in a different room. Spent his time away from me. Cut finances from me also.
I have put the divorce aside for now because of my beliefs. I am giving him an opportunity. But, he has to initiate reconciliation. I will not go back to the same life with him.
He cleared out my bedroom at house and rented it to a couple. He is done. He didn't care if that hurt me or not.
He doesn't care about me this has been going on for a long time.
He had started making all his decisions with his pastor.

Upvote 0

Sugarjay

Jul 12, 2006
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
If he is making these decisions with his pastor then I would have to say his pastor lost his walk with God because he id def. giving the WRONG advise.

Take care of yourself. Move on with your life and stop worrying about him and what he is doing. If he see's you have moved on w/o him and gets interested in you there might be a chance but if you are open book to him there is really nothing that will attract him to you. If you are comfortable with it start dating. This doesn't mean you need to do anything other than talk and have fun. He may see this and realize what he is losing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ashyah

Jul 11, 2006
Illinois
✟7,813.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes Autumnleaf I know I need to stay where I am at.
I am waiting on God for healing.

I keep in mind that God gave us a free will. It is up to us to choose what we are going to do. God is there for us when we make that decision. If my husband doesn't want healing well, God will take care of me. He already is.He gave me an apartment I now have more joy better finances. All my bills are paid.
I just went on a womans retreat I had a very good and peaceful time. In the past I would not have had the will or energy to even get ready to go.
I have that energy and enthusiam to get up and go places and have joy! To enjoy myself. During this retreat I was sitting with a group of woman. Everyone was laughing. I had this feeling to just go back to my cabin and just sit in the dark.
I went back there but, then I thought I will be in the light not the darkness anymore!I changed my clothes and went back to the group.
Last night while they were at bonfire I had the urge to go back to cabin. I went back and laid down and fell asleep. I was just tired!
You may not understand this but, I used to sleep all day when I was at home to just kill the time away I couldn't deal with his rejection.

I will come through this on the other side . I think of myself as a butterfly. Breaking through that cocoon and emerging as a beautiful creature .

We must not look to others for our happiness. Happiness is inside of us through our Lord.

The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?

Upvote 0