Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you already thought of classifying behaviors between those that absorb or restrain hatred and fear, and those who doesn't, namely, that let hatred and fear do their works in you, or around you?

Don't you think, too, that christianism has much to do with this classifying?

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟795,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Have you already thought of classifying behaviors between those that absorb or restrain hatred and fear, and those who doesn't, namely, that let hatred and fear do their works in you, or around you?

Huh?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Are you talking about things like micro-aggressions?

Like things we do because we are fearful or hateful but we're trying to hide it? I mean, I don't buy into the "micro-aggressions" crap, I think that's nonsense invented by the woke scolders of the world, but there may still be legitimate behaviors that come out because we're trying to mask fear or hate. I don't know. That may not be a bad thing though, since it would essentially be making an effort to not indulge those feelings or thoughts, but to behave virtuously.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about things like micro-aggressions?
Not only micro, but also macro-agressions, the second stemming from the first, when there's no restraining of fearfulness or hatefulness.
but there may still be legitimate behaviors that come out because we're trying to mask fear or hate.
I was not speaking of trying and masking, though, but of completely managing to dissolve hatred and fear, through contemplation and imitation of what Christ achieved, for such is the idea i form of his forgiving, when on the cross.
It seems indeed to me that behavior is Manichean, whether people cope with their own hatred and fear like Jesus, in truly dissolving them as they suffer agressions, or whether on the contrary they just pretend to make them disappear.
Hence the usefulness of the confession and, above all, of the host, kind of pill against hatred and fear

Upvote 0