Hate groups in the U.S. remain on the rise, according to new study

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Hate groups continued to expand their reach in the United States last year during a tumultuous 12 months marked by racist violence, social media attacks and the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, according to a nonprofit legal advocacy organization that monitors extremist activity.

The Southern Poverty Law Center identified 954 groups as hate groups, which it defines as "an organization that — based on its official statements or principles, the statements of its leaders, or its activities — has beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics." That number was up from 917 in 2016 and 892 in 2015, according to a study the center released Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is just imho. People do not know or receive the love of God through Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that, it give place to the enemy to sow hate.

Matt. 24: 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hate groups continued to expand their reach in the United States last year during a tumultuous 12 months marked by racist violence, social media attacks and the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, according to a nonprofit legal advocacy organization that monitors extremist activity.

The Southern Poverty Law Center identified 954 groups as hate groups, which it defines as "an organization that — based on its official statements or principles, the statements of its leaders, or its activities — has beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics." That number was up from 917 in 2016 and 892 in 2015, according to a study the center released Wednesday.

This is probably going to continue until we stop demonizing whites, playing identity politics, and treating race as if it's something important. As long as we do those things, these groups will continue to fuel their organizations by pointing at the rest of us.

Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,829.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Southern Poverty Law Center identified 954 groups as hate groups.

If I'm not mistaken the SPLC is funded by donations from people wanting to oppose extremism and hate groups.

Call me cynical but am I the only one who sees a conflct of interest with their reports?

I've already just about given up on the accuracy of their reporting (when they accused a British Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate of Pakistani descent, who is an anti-war activist, secularist, anti-Islamist and civil rights activist (who is also a reformist Muslim) of being an "anti-Muslim extremist"), but I fail to see how this increase will do anything but help the bottom line of the SPLC.

Upvote 0