Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We know that God calls men, but has He called every man, without exception?

Isn't that what's being expressed here?

Luke 14:23
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you met an unregenerate man who wills to follow Christ?

You mean those on the fence? Wanting to on some level but never making it?

I would think I have met a few who have disbelief's.

Mar 9:24
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2017
Erie
✟8,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Isn't that what's being expressed here?

Luke 14:23
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Forgive me...

Seekers of salvation and believers seeking growth should be learning doctrine from Romans through Philemon, not Matthew thru John. Please note I am not saying here to ignore the rest of God's Word... only that today we get OUR doctrine from OUR Apostle, Paul. Thus when Paul wrote to the church at Rome, i.e., Romans 1:6, he used the pronoun "ye" which means "You believers in the 'church' (which is his body - Eph. 1:23 [which is everywhere]. Ye is a plural pronoun and Paul addresses the Body of Christ as a whole in this verse.
What does all that mean?
It means that once we are saved we are 'called' to this or that. For instance, we are called to walk in the Spirit.
When we study the Bible 'righty divided' we are able to discern the difference between the two significant programs of God and which one applies to us today. It clears up such confusion as to who are the 'called' and such.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Great thread!
Not according to Matt 22:14.
jimmyjimmy said:
What about some of the isolated primitive tribes in Africa and South America who have never heard of Christ and His Gospel of Salvation?

zeph 1:7
Be hushed! from before my Lord Yahweh, that near day of Yahweh.
For Yahweh prepares a Sacrifice,
He sanctifies ones-being-Called G2822 of Him.

[Reve 8:1 "Silence/Hush in Heaven / Reve 17:14 / Reve 19:17 "Supper of the great God"]

Matt 22:14
For many are called/G2822, but few are chosen/G1588

Reve 17:14
These with the Lamb shall be battling, and the Lamb shall be conquering them.
That Lord of Lords He is and King of Kings.
And those with Him called-ones/ G2822 and chosen-ones/ G1588 and faithful-ones

[Zepheniah 1:7]

Englishman's Greek Concordance2822.htm
2822. kletos klay-tos' from the same as 2821; invited, i.e. appointed, or (specially), a saint:--called.
Englishman's Greek Concordance1588.htm
1588. eklektos ek-lek-tos' from 1586; select; by implication, favorite:--chosen, elect.

Have all people who have ever lived heard the call to repent?
I would say no.......

Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1
Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1
God Will Have All Men Be Saved

On this earth there are more than seven billion people!
The most populous lands are China, India, and other parts of Asia, and in spite of missionaries from the West, actually more than half of all people on the earth have never so much as heard the ONLY NAME BY WHICH MEN MAY BE SAVED - the name of JESUS CHRIST! For your Bible says....... "there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
This means that billions of people here on this earth have lived, and died, without having known anything about God's provision of salvation - without saving knowledge - neither having heard the only name by which men may be saved! Now think what that means.
If all unsaved are eternally lost, then more than HALF the people who have ever lived on this earth have been consigned to eternal hell without ever having been given so much as a chance to escape it!.....................

Paul says in Rom. 5:19, "For just as by one man's disobedience (failing to hear, heedlessness and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one Man's obedience the many will be constituted righteous - made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him" (Amplified Bible).
The word disobedience in this verse is from the Greek word PARAKOE which comes from a root meaning "to mishear; neglect to hear; inattention." It speaks of A HEARING AMISS, or a wrong hearing. The verse also speaks of Christ's obedience, the word for obedience in Greek is HUPAKO meaning A SUBMISSIVE HEARKENING.
If obedience is a right hearing and obedient action thereto, then disobedience is simply a wrong hearing, a hearing amiss, and then acting in kind. It means a hearing of a voice OTHER THAN GOD'S, a LISTENING TO THE WRONG VOICE and then acting upon what is suggested. Adam and Eve listened to the voice of a stranger, the voice of the bestial spirit of this world, as represented by the serpent, and found that sin was at the door, and death by sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As many as you can find, both good and bad.
It appears Jesus came to save the sick/sinners more than the good/healthy.

Matt 9:
11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’a
For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Matt 23:33
"Serpents! brood of vipers!
how? ye may be fleeing from the judging of the geennhV <1067>"

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of the tormenting of Them is ascending into Ages to-Ages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
jimmyjimmy said:
Have all people who have ever lived heard the call to repent?
Romans 1 says people know about sin even if they never heard of the Gospel.
Let's see what Romans 10 says:

Romans 10 BSB

Romans 10:11 As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

Romans 10:
11 It is just as the Scripture says: “Everyone who believes in Him will not be put to shame.”e 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on Him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”f

14 How then can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those whog bring good news!”h
Isaiah 52:7 How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace.........
Nahum 1:15
Behold! on the mountains the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace!

16 But not all of them welcomed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”i 17 Consequently, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Isaiah 53:1
Who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

18 But I ask, did they not hear? Indeed they did:
“Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.”j

Psalm 19:4
Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.
In them he has set a tent for the sun,

Hebrews 4:2
For we also received the good news, just as they did;
but the message they heard was of no value to them, since they did not share the faith of those who comprehended it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We are all born of the first sin, unrighteous and destined to death.
But not the 2nd death, as written in Revelation:

Rev 2:11
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.” '
Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power,
but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Revelation 2:11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Verse 11. - He that hath an ear (see on ver. 7). Shall not be hurt of the second death; more literally, shall in no wise be injured at the hands of the second death. The negative is the strongest form; the injury seems to be of the nature of a wrong, and the second death is regarded as the source of the wrong (οὐ μὴ ἀδικηθῇ ἐκ). In Revelation 20:6 "the second death" is almost personified, as here: "Over these the second death has no authority."
The phrase is peculiar to this book (see Revelation 20:14 and Revelation 21:8, where it is defined to be "the lake of fire"). The corresponding phrase, "the first death," does not occur. The one is the death of the body, to which the faithful Smyrnaeans must submit; the other is the death of the soul, from which the crown of life secures them: though they die, yet shall they live, and shall in no wise die, forever (John 11:25, 26).
This second death, or death of the soul, is absolute exclusion from God, who is the Source of eternal life. The expression, "the second death," seems to be borrowed from Jewish theological phraseology. (On the repetition of the article, "the death, the second (death)," see note on ver. 13.)

• Agree
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Who came out of the graves?

Matthew 27:52

First fruits.
I'm no Koine Greek scholar, but that verse says "many" as opposed to "all"
:confused:
The series "The Walking Dead" comes to mind.
I can't imagine be back in that time and seeing that event with my own eyes.
Would make for a great discussion thread!

Question on, Matt.27:52-52.
Question on, Matt.27:52-52.

Here is a link to some commentaries [I am partial to Bible Hub]

Matthew 27:52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
Matthew 27:52 Commentaries: The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

52 The tombs broke open, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. 53 After Jesus’ resurrection, when they had come out of the tombs, they entered the holy city and appeared to many people.

54 When the centurion and those with him guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified and said, “Truly this was the Son of God.”

Kindgdom Bible Studies Revelation Series
“And by the Messenger of the Assembly in Thyatira write!…” (Rev. 2:18).
These things saith the Son of God, who hath His eyes like unto a flame of fire, and His feet are like fine brass; .............

Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did God call Himself the Savior in the OT?
Yep. To reconcile all of mankind to Himself.

Isa 43:3
For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.

Jde 1:25
To God our Savior, Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power,
Both now and forever. Amen.

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/savior/SOW1.htm#8

There are many other examples of such words and phrases, but one we want to consider in this message is the declaration of Paul in Col. 1: 20 "...by Him to RECONCILE ALL THINGS unto Himself." The full text reads, "For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist... and, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has He reconciled" (Col. 1:16-17, 20-21).

Upvote 0