Reformed
Oct 20, 2005
✟15,565.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
eph3Nine said:
I sure can! But you would have to be willing to STUDY...and to set aside your preconceived notions.
Trust me when I say I've studied the scriptures. But, can you say with a clear conscience that you studied without any preconcieved notions. I can't. I don't think anyone who is honest with themselves can!!!

But, I've studied and I believe dispensationalism (depending on which strain you fall into) can range from a distortion of scripture and the gospel to outright heresy.

aL

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
TubaFour said:
Trust me when I say I've studied the scriptures. But, can you say with a clear conscience that you studied without any preconcieved notions. I can't. I don't think anyone who is honest with themselves can!!!

But, I've studied and I believe dispensationalism (depending on which strain you fall into) can range from a distortion of scripture and the gospel to outright heresy.

aL

Thats unfortunate. You will be judged according to Pauls epistles, and they are the ONLY God given rules by which we live today. By ignoring Pauls revelation FROM God, you ignore the words of the Risen Christ to His church, which is His Body.

I used to study with preconceived ideas. I no longer do so. Right division make so many things clear and I dont have to stumble over church traditions and traditions of men. Thats why God TELLS us how to understand His word. If theres a RIGHT way there also must be a wrong way....but to make the divisions Gods makes we ARE told to do.

Upvote 0

TubaFour

Reformed
Oct 20, 2005
✟15,565.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
eph3Nine said:
Thats unfortunate. You will be judged according to Pauls epistles, and they are the ONLY God given rules by which we live today. By ignoring Pauls revelation FROM God, you ignore the words of the Risen Christ to His church, which is His Body.

I am covered by the blood of Christ. Now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!! You see I died, and my life is hidden with Christ in God. I will be judged based upon Christ's merit. Halleluja...

I used to study with preconceived ideas. I no longer do so. Right division make so many things clear and I dont have to stumble over church traditions and traditions of men.

Again, isn't that dispensationlism a grid? A preconceived idea!

Thats why God TELLS us how to understand His word. If theres a RIGHT way there also must be a wrong way....but to make the divisions Gods makes we ARE told to do.

There's nothing in the bible whatsoever that indicates we should "divide" the word of God and the people of God in the manner dispensationalists do however.

aL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.