has anyone here laid hands on anyone for healing?

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see where people in the bible laid hands on people for healing. Anyone done this?

Yes. And, I have seen some healed on the spot, others were healed later and I was able to find out about it, and some did not get healed as far as I know.

I used to disbelief in this. And, I was as obnoxious in my disbelief as I have been accused of being in my belief.

What broke my disbelief? I saw something happen that shouldn't have happened and the only way to explain it was God answered a man's prayer. That man was Randy Clark. The 30 year old woman was born deaf and mute and had been in the same church for 19 years. It was not Randy Clark's church (nor his community) and the pastor of the church repented for his personal disbelief the next morning in church and shared that he didn't even want Randy's seminar to come to his church, because he didn't believe healing was for today, but allowed the elders to bring the seminar anyway. The only reason I went to that church the next morning was because I was blown away by what God did the night before and knew Randy was going to be speaking again.

Man continues to say this is impossible and fake. God says all things are possible with Him. God says that His Word is living and active and that He is watching over it to perform it. God said His Word will never return void, but will accomplish that which He sent it forth to do. I believe God.

Most of my praying has been catching people in walmart or a grocery store, though some has been for people who come to church wanting to be healed.

But, I still struggle with things I don't understand--like why aren't all I pray for healed. Why aren't all that Randy Clark prays for healed? Why aren't all that Todd White prays for healed? I understand if I am praying for something that I haven't seen healing before. But, if I have seen many backs or knees healed, why wouldn't all be healed? And, all I can say is God is looking at a bigger picture than we are and maybe there are times that it would be detrimental to that bigger picture. Some will blame the faith of the praying person. I'm glad some will step out believing God. Some will blame the faith of the person receiving prayer. I'm glad some people are willing to receive prayer, because not all--even some who claim to be in the church--are willing to receive prayer. So, it is nice that some have enough faith to at least be willing to waste their time to receive prayer (if they don't believe in it). While you can certainly find support in Scripture for each of those stances, I believe God has a much bigger reason. None of us would have faith, if it wasn't for Him; yet, not all come to faith in God--according to the Scriptures. God is capable of showing every individual exactly what we need to believe in Him; yet, some He unblinds and others He leaves the blinders on. I am not capable of understanding everything with my relatively insignificant human brain; but, in as much as He gives me, I want to testify to what He does.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I see where people in the bible laid hands on people for healing. Anyone done this?
Yes, at Slussers Chapel in Blacksburg, VA. We all silently repented of any unconfessed sin and prayed for people during Wednesday night and sometimes Sunday morning services. Peace in Christ :).

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes. And, I have seen some healed on the spot, others were healed later and I was able to find out about it, and some did not get healed as far as I know.

I used to disbelief in this. And, I was as obnoxious in my disbelief as I have been accused of being in my belief.

What broke my disbelief? I saw something happen that shouldn't have happened and the only way to explain it was God answered a man's prayer. That man was Randy Clark. The 30 year old woman was born deaf and mute and had been in the same church for 19 years. It was not Randy Clark's church (nor his community) and the pastor of the church repented for his personal disbelief the next morning in church and shared that he didn't even want Randy's seminar to come to his church, because he didn't believe healing was for today, but allowed the elders to bring the seminar anyway. The only reason I went to that church the next morning was because I was blown away by what God did the night before and knew Randy was going to be speaking again.

Man continues to say this is impossible and fake. God says all things are possible with Him. God says that His Word is living and active and that He is watching over it to perform it. God said His Word will never return void, but will accomplish that which He sent it forth to do. I believe God.

Most of my praying has been catching people in walmart or a grocery store, though some has been for people who come to church wanting to be healed.

But, I still struggle with things I don't understand--like why aren't all I pray for healed. Why aren't all that Randy Clark prays for healed? Why aren't all that Todd White prays for healed? I understand if I am praying for something that I haven't seen healing before. But, if I have seen many backs or knees healed, why wouldn't all be healed? And, all I can say is God is looking at a bigger picture than we are and maybe there are times that it would be detrimental to that bigger picture. Some will blame the faith of the praying person. I'm glad some will step out believing God. Some will blame the faith of the person receiving prayer. I'm glad some people are willing to receive prayer, because not all--even some who claim to be in the church--are willing to receive prayer. So, it is nice that some have enough faith to at least be willing to waste their time to receive prayer (if they don't believe in it). While you can certainly find support in Scripture for each of those stances, I believe God has a much bigger reason. None of us would have faith, if it wasn't for Him; yet, not all come to faith in God--according to the Scriptures. God is capable of showing every individual exactly what we need to believe in Him; yet, some He unblinds and others He leaves the blinders on. I am not capable of understanding everything with my relatively insignificant human brain; but, in as much as He gives me, I want to testify to what He does.

I am WOF so I believe this is possible. Some are healed instananiously (a miracle) and some are healed more gradually. Faith comes by hearing of the word of God so the more word we hear and read, faith comes more and more. Healing is a blood covenant right to those of us that are saved, but God can and does heal anyone. Those who don't get healed is between them and God but the bible tells me the provision for healing is for ALL. There may be unbelief or unforgiveness why people don't get healed also.

In WOF, we don't have to work for things that the world finds it necessary to do. Healing is PAID FOR along with PROSPERITY. And walking in love (Galatians 5:6).

So....you have laid hands on people?

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am WOF so I believe this is possible. Some are healed instananiously (a miracle) and some are healed more gradually. Faith comes by hearing of the word of God so the more word we hear and read, faith comes more and more. Healing is a blood covenant right to those of us that are saved, but God can and does heal anyone. Those who don't get healed is between them and God but the bible tells me the provision for healing is for ALL. There may be unbelief or unforgiveness why people don't get healed also.

In WOF, we don't have to work for things that the world finds it necessary to do. Healing is PAID FOR along with PROSPERITY. And walking in love (Galatians 5:6).

So....you have laid hands on people?

Yes, I have. Sorry, if I shouldn't have posted here. I saw the new posts and failed to see that it was in the WOF section. I'm just a follower of The Way (Jesus Christ) who believes God's Word.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have laid hands on people I was not called to lay hands on.
It did not work out.
I have confessed God's Word in Prayer ,and the healing came.
I have petitioned God on behalf of someone , who had unfinished family issues ,and God gave them the years to reconcile their differences.
All what doctors would give up on, but nothing is over unless you give up.
I called for the elders to pray over me this year,recieved a incredible healing.
I know often the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is imparted by the laying on of hands.
Yet it was a short while after ,the laying on of hands that I was filled with the Holy Spirit ,it is s profound and wonderful gift that quickens your faith.
When looking at Jesus ,He often spoke the healing and it was so.
The Centurion's servant had no Faith, He or She was on the death bed.
It was the Faith of the Centurion, who knew what Christ would say would be done.
People had great Faith in that Peter walked with God,and Peters shadow brought healing.
If you have Faith that laying on of hands is God's way for healing you it will be done.
I struggle with people who carry their sacred cows, the name of their condition.
As soon as they say but I have, my heart sinks.
People say I know God heals but....
I don't know how you can read God's Word ,clearly see the promises and exempt yourself from getting healed.
The Name above all others is all you need for healing the Holy Name Of Jesus ,is the most powerful force in the universe.
Only believe ,and nothing is beyond His Name.

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have laid hands on people I was not called to lay hands on.
It did not work out.
I have confessed God's Word in Prayer ,and the healing came.
I have petitioned God on behalf of someone , who had unfinished family issues ,and God gave them the years to reconcile their differences.
All what doctors would give up on, but nothing is over unless you give up.
I called for the elders to pray over me this year,recieved a incredible healing.
I know often the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is imparted by the laying on of hands.
Yet it was a short while after ,the laying on of hands that I was filled with the Holy Spirit ,it is s profound and wonderful gift that quickens your faith.
When looking at Jesus ,He often spoke the healing and it was so.
The Centurion's servant had no Faith, He or She was on the death bed.
It was the Faith of the Centurion, who knew what Christ would say would be done.
People had great Faith in that Peter walked with God,and Peters shadow brought healing.
If you have Faith that laying on of hands is God's way for healing you it will be done.
I struggle with people who carry their sacred cows, the name of their condition.
As soon as they say but I have, my heart sinks.
People say I know God heals but....
I don't know how you can read God's Word ,clearly see the promises and exempt yourself from getting healed.
The Name above all others is all you need for healing the Holy Name Of Jesus ,is the most powerful force in the universe.
Only believe ,and nothing is beyond His Name.

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
this is not just for us WOF folks, healing is available for ANYONE who believes to receive! If you have laid hands on someone and didn't see anything doesn't mean it did not happen! It could be progressive healing. As Joyce Meyer says "I'd rather believe 100% of the promises of God and get some of it than to be in 0% and get all of it"

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did.

But it's weirder than that. I was compelled to, much in the same way you are compelled to inhale after a minute or so of holding your breath. Out of the blue, I simply HAD TO. It's almost like it wasn't even me making the decision. Only time in my life I've ever had that experience.

And yes, the person was healed.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
better to rejoice with the ones who have received their healing than to focus on those who didn't. Some reasons why people don't get healed: unforgiveness, unbelief, fear. God is NO respecter of persons

I understand what people say. I also understand what Scripture says. Jesus tended to blame the person praying for their lack of faith more than those who were being prayed for. Jesus healed despite unbelief, as long as they had enough faith to bring people to Him or enough faith to want to bring Him to the people.

God is no respecter of persons, yet Scripture also records that David was chosen over his brothers, Joseph was chosen over his brothers, Samuel was chosen, Moses was chosen, the Apostles were chosen, etc.

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I did.

But it's weirder than that. I was compelled to, much in the same way you are compelled to inhale after a minute or so of holding your breath. Out of the blue, I simply HAD TO. It's almost like it wasn't even me making the decision. Only time in my life I've ever had that experience.

And yes, the person was healed.
good analogy:amen:

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Great Topic Jan800.
As Christian people we should give God glory ,and teach his wonderful mercy.

On Healing I love this promise:

John 15: 7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

It is a two fold promise ,if we abide in Christ all things are possible.
No unclean foul spirit can enter into his Body.
If we abide in His Word ,we stand on the very promises of God.
We know healing is God's will ,and this passage tells us to ask what we will.
We cannot ask outside of God's will because we are abiding in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yes. Just do it. Jesus said that we would lay hands on the sick and they recover. JUST DO IT. Do not question. Jesus said they recover. Does not matter what you do, how good or bad you are, how much faith you have. None of that matters. Just do what Jesus said. Lay your hands on sick people and let the Word not return to Him void! He follows His word around to perform it.
Yes! Just do it and get out of the way!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This passage came to mind after reading this thread again.

Ephesians 3: 17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Just do it, because He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think!
What a mighty promise to live by!
According to the power that workth in us!

My hearts desire is that Christians would take time to learn the promises of God.
Not think for a minute that some how it's not them as indivuals God's Word is speaking to.
As the old hymn says standing on the promises of God my Savior .

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh yes. Just do it. Jesus said that we would lay hands on the sick and they recover. JUST DO IT. Do not question. Jesus said they recover. Does not matter what you do, how good or bad you are, how much faith you have. None of that matters. Just do what Jesus said. Lay your hands on sick people and let the Word not return to Him void! He follows His word around to perform it.
Yes! Just do it and get out of the way!

This is awesomely very truthful Dids... Jesus healed everyone who came unto Him to receive. Coming to Him (believing)... was their faith in action. Whether Jesus spoke and touched them then.... (or) WE touch them now, the results should be of know difference. As He is, so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17)

Again, awesome...

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Laying on of hands is only one method that can be used to restore a person to health. Some people just speak to the mountain themselves as in Mark 11:23. Others might anoint with oil as in James. Or of course "lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." Others receive by the gifts of healings I Cor 12. Does everyone get healed? No, but it is good to keep asking, "the violent take the kingdom of God by force." Sometimes hindrances may get in the way, unforgiveness, out of fellowship, poor confession. On the latter, if you go around as a Christian for years saying, I always get a cold in the winter, well there you have it. Of course it takes more than just a positive confession. As with salvation, you confess in your mouth, and believe in your heart. Sometimes God simply does not answer right away at least as far as the manifestation of healing occurring quickly. There is no condemnation either, Jesus is a friend and we should be too. Accept and encourage yourself and others to just keep following.

Upvote 0