Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering if anyone has eaten or made fritata. It's a bit like an omelette. I plan on trying one out tonight, because it looks like it will be really quick and easy and I can hide vegies in it.

I make quiche all the time but have never done a fritata, it's been a while since I made omelette too.

I have some left over vegies from last nights tea, so I'll try and stick those in with it too. Then add a bit of grated cheese. mmmmmmm.​

Elesaid

Sep 20, 2006
✟15,920.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
How did it go? I actually made a first time frittata last night and it turned out nice. I put chicken and veges in it and cooked it in the oven. It tasted a bit like a quiche without the pastry.

The one I made was pretty low in calories and fat because I didn't use oil, milk or cheese and it still tasted really nice.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the one I made had skim milk and low fat cheese. I like to use the dairy because I think to myself it's all calcium. So I just use the low fat.

I'm making another one tonight (I think)

How did you get away without using oil? Did you use a non-stick pan?

The pan I used is a really nice non- stick one, so I did use a smidge of oil, barely that much really.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mmmm, I changed my mind.

I'm making spaghetti (just in the packet you buy from woolies) with bacon, carrot, squash (foul vegie but it came from MIL garden and I don't want to waste it so I'll cover it with spaghetti sauce) spinach (again foul vegie that came from MIL garden ROFL - I see a trend here) and then I'm going to throw a jar of bolognaise sauce over the top.

Upvote 0

Elesaid

Sep 20, 2006
✟15,920.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Alas! I do not have a non stick pan. :( It's a stainless steel one I think, but is good because I can put the whole thing in the oven so for frittata thats fine, it won't stick because there's no direct heat.

Instead of using oile when I fry up onions and meat/chicken, I pour a small amount of water into the pan to keep it nonstick and by the time I'm ready to add other items, the water has evaporated and my onions, etc are cooked.
I googled a recipe for Frittata and got one from Geoof Janz (sp?) and it said to mix the eggs with water instead of milk and it turned out great. I couldn't really tell the difference. It also said to grate low fat parmesan into it, but I forgot that and realised while we were eating it! It would have tasted richer and tastier with it, but I could live without.

Hey, how are you going with your weight loss? I put a few kilos on over Christmas and was slacking off quite a bit, but I'm back on board now and doing well.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, I slacked off too much. I have no idea what I weigh now, but I have this nice idea that it would be nice to be a skinny minny by June (well not that skinny - I'd settle for a size 14, much better than an 18/20 lol) this is my daughter 2nd birthday. Ideally if things were a different situation I would like to try for baby 3, but R says no. So I figure if I lose the weight and ask God to take care of the finances, then maybe, just maybe, by the time I turn 32/33 we could have a new little bubba.

What's the matter Brad? Don't you like spaghetti?

The kids and I loved it, but it's not really something R would eat. He made himself toast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the difference between a fritatta and a quiche is pastry - fritatta doesn't have any.

Rough difference anyway.

You can line a dish with baking paper, or use a ceramic one if that will help. I usually go with that option.

I've got a few frittata recipes that I use - should make one again - we've got a stack of eggs. We get about 6 a day at the moment from our chickens.

Upvote 0

Elesaid

Sep 20, 2006
✟15,920.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hi Erin. :) It's good to see you again. I was away from the forums for a while.

Have you guys heard of impossible quiche where you don't have to make th epastry separate, just chuck all the ingrediants in and it makes it itself? I make that all the time now. It doesn't have a crusty pastry, but it is very yummy.

Upvote 0