Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How dangerous are shows and movies like Harry Potter? I went to a golf event today and when I came home she has a certificate of witchcraft from Hogwarts and a bunch of other stuff. Now I know it's not real, but I'm curious what kind of danger she may be putting herself in. I guess where does entertainment cease being entertainment?

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Gal 5

Our youth director advised us - if Jesus was standing next to you, would you do it?

Since you are a believer,, He is there.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Gal 5

Our youth director advised us - if Jesus was standing next to you, would you do it?

Since you are a believer,, He is there.
She is not a believer though

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How dangerous are shows and movies like Harry Potter? I went to a golf event today and when I came home she has a certificate of witchcraft from Hogwarts and a bunch of other stuff. Now I know it's not real, but I'm curious what kind of danger she may be putting herself in. I guess where does entertainment cease being entertainment?
In my opinion having read English literature of that type before, I found her storytelling pretty common for that genre. Even C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia has those elements. The pure fantasy hocus pocus presented in Harry Potter is nothing like actual witchcraft. But who are you talking about? A child? If so what age?

Upvote 0