Harry Potter is vile: This is why...

PsychMJC

Nov 7, 2007
✟8,294.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
there seem to be alot of people that dont have any idea at all of what the occult is about. its real. its here. and magic....you are nuts if you think its just fake stuff in a book.
Where is this occult magic you speak of? As far as I have it figured out, its all in books, generally fiction.
My grammy had a "voodoo" book that had actual recipes in it... you know what? Not a single one worked..
As a matter of fact, I succesfully ruined one pan, a pair of pants, and made the house smell for an hour.
Satan at work!

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
As a matter of fact, I succesfully ruined one pan, a pair of pants, and made the house smell for an hour.
Satan at work!
Indeed my friend! The Dark Lord works through iffy smells and distracting odours!

FEAR HIS NAUGHTY EVIL! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BlackBerry

Race: Human
Aug 16, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
✟16,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
WeHeartSOF.png

LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
there seem to be alot of people that dont have any idea at all of what the occult is about.
I do
Ive partaken in it's practices
its real. its here.
Name ONE magic spell you have seen pulled off
Please provide objective empirical evidence for such
and magic....you are nuts if you think its just fake stuff in a book.
Again, please provide objective empirical evidence for such. Even when I WAS dealing with the occult, I never saw one single manifestation.
Why?
Well, I'll leave that up to you, considering that you probably wont accept my skepticism (even though I was a "believer" at the time)

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
there seem to be alot of people that dont have any idea at all of what the occult is about. its real. its here. and magic....you are nuts if you think its just fake stuff in a book.
it is fake, i've done spells before, old and new ones. none have worked, its all in your head that you think it did work

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it is real then you should be able to do it a show us. Be careful, positive bias (or result bias) could be coloring your conclusion of your results.

Upvote 0
R

rebelEnigma

Jesus Christ said that if we had faith as small as a mustard seed, we could tell a mountain to uproot itself and be tossed into the ocean. Suppose a person had the faith that they could fly: would that be considered the occult? What about making objects float? (Oh and that verse you're thinking of bringing up, don't, you know they're completely different).

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Jesus Christ said that if we had faith as small as a mustard seed, we could tell a mountain to uproot itself and be tossed into the ocean.
It's interesting how this has never been done.

Suppose a person had the faith that they could fly: would that be considered the occult? What about making objects float?
Depends on how they made things float. Using the power of the mind? Sure, that smacks of the occult. Using magnets?
200px-Diamagnetic_graphite_levitation.jpg

(Oh and that verse you're thinking of bringing up, don't, you know they're completely different).
What verse would that be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

Renton405

Hey SoF, didnt you get the memo?

It isnt COOL to rip on HP anymore. Its ALL about Golden Compass being evil and wicked and icky now! I mean it was written by an ATHEIST! OMGAAAWD! They write books now! I mean you guys TOTALLY missed the mark calling HP anti-Christian and it turns out that the author intended it to be a Christian allegory :D

What I find ironic as anything is that NOBODY rips on Narnia and yet theres magic up the yin-yang in that story. So the hypocracy comes through as "Its OK to write about magic if you're a Christian author writing a sexist, racist, and blatantly anti-pagan book but its NOT ok to write about magic if you write the book in an effort to give people something to come together over, Christian or not."

As someone who plays Vampire: The Masquerade, I can assure that whatever you THINK happens during those games, is about a million times worse than what actually happens.

Narnia sexist and racist?? Thats a new one

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

Personally, I think Harry Potter was more innocent, because it portrays itself as fiction right from the start, it dosen't have any deep ideologys or hidden messages the way Golden Compass has.. Golden Compass is pernicious and has a agenda right from the start and it pushes the idea of atheism on children at a very young age..Golden Compass is much more harmful because of the underlying message it has..

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I think Harry Potter was more innocent, because it portrays itself as fiction right from the start, it dosen't have any deep ideologys or hidden messages the way Golden Compass has.. Golden Compass is pernicious and has a agenda right from the start and it pushes the idea of atheism on children at a very young age..Golden Compass is much more harmful because of the underlying message it has..
I did not get that from the Golden Compass at all. From the other two books, yes, but Compass only had some foreshadowing of what was to come.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

If this is so, then Narnia is pernicious and has an agenda right from the start and it pushes the idea of Christianity on children at a very young age..

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0