Harry Potter is vile: This is why...

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
So, has anyone proven that any of the spells/potions/rituals/whatever in Harry Potter are actual occult, pagan or wiccan stuff yet?

Yeah. I released a spirit that changed into whatever you are afraid of. I aimed my wand, and said, "Ridiculus", and changed it into SOF, and started laughing, and rendered it helpless.

Reactions: Pogue
Upvote 0
R

rebelEnigma

This is all NT stuff. I can REALLY raise the roof if I included the OT stuff. Boy thats FULL of the good stuff
Well done. Of course, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the NT says to not associate with whoremongers, fornicators, thieves, etc because most likely those people will lead one astray. I'm certain that, should you have kids, there are some people that you do not want them associating with. Paul is saying that: don't associate with them otherewise you will be lead astray, but preach to them the Good News so that they will turn away from their sins. You have to look at the Bible as a whole, reading one verse and taking it completely out of context will get you nowhere.

Upvote 0
R

rebelEnigma

Harry Potter is bad/vile because it contains fictional accounts of magic?

To call the "magic" in Harry Potter real sorcery is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The magic is Harry Potter is so completely different that only the dumbest of children could actually believe that it is real. And the fault for those children believing it's real is not the author's, but the parents. It's time to educate your kids, parents!

The Bible is good because it contains factual (so the story goes) accounts of magic/miracles?

It's not magic, but there are miracles. And plenty of them. And they are factual, but that's not the point of this debate.

Upvote 0
R

rebelEnigma

What is "real sorcery"?

I haven't studied it completely in-depth, but real sorcery is essentially about calling upon spirits and demons for supernatural power. That's the basic gist of it.

What is the difference between a miracle and magic?

A miracle is God intervening and altering an event for His purpose. Ex: a car accident: the car and passengers are involved in a brutal car wreck, the car is crushed and hurled off the road and into the trees, everybody comes out completely alright; the miracle is that, by God's hand, He saved them when normally they would have died. Or: a person being healed, on the spot, of cancer; having a limb grown back, or being able to see or hear when one was blind or deaf. Those are miracles: things that shouldn't happen, but by God's intervention, do.

Magic is calling upon demonic forces for power, which is strictly forbidden in the Bible.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

A miracle is God intervening and altering an event for His purpose. Ex: a car accident: the car and passengers are involved in a brutal car wreck, the car is crushed and hurled off the road and into the trees, everybody comes out completely alright; the miracle is that, by God's hand, He saved them when normally they would have died. Or: a person being healed, on the spot, of cancer; having a limb grown back, or being able to see or hear when one was blind or deaf. Those are miracles: things that shouldn't happen, but by God's intervention, do.

Magic is calling upon demonic forces for power, which is strictly forbidden in the Bible.

What about if God intervenes to kill someone who would not have otherwise died? Is that a miracle?

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, now I know its a poe.

LAW 2. : EVERY time a real born again Christian creates a thread, or makes a post that deals with a very right wing topic, they are instantly labeled as a POE! This will occur within two or three posts.

This Law will hereby and forever be known as Shield Of Faith's Law #2. Or Shields Law #2. Or SOF's Law #2.

I am officially declaring it!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

m9lc

Veteran
Mar 18, 2007
✟9,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
LAW 2. : EVERY time a real born again Christian creates a thread, or makes a post that deals with a very right wing topic, they are instantly labeled as a POE! This will occur within two or three posts.

This Law will hereby and forever be known as Shield Of Faith's Law #2. Or Shields Law #2. Or SOF's Law #2.

It wasn't funny the first time, either.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

But it's been 85 posts. You must not be a real born again Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Then quit being so ridiculous. I'm still waiting on an example of a real spell in the HP books.

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then quit being so ridiculous. I'm still waiting on an example of a real spell in the HP books.

You might want to check what you are saying.

FACT: H.P. IS INTRODUCING THE OCCULT TO CHILDREN.

This is evil and wicked. Read the OP. Ok, I know you won't so here is a refresher.

=====================================================

The Harry Potter (from now on will be referenced as H.P.) series is vile. Period. End of remark.

The vileness comes from the fact that this author is deliberately introducing children to witchcraft, sorcery, necromancy... let's just boil it down to the Occult!!! This is beyond vile. We will have to make new words to show how disgusting and vile this is.

READ VERY CAREFULLY:

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. --DEUT. 18

[/FONT]READ VERY CAREFULLY:

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1 Manasseh was twelve years old when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and five years in Jerusalem: 2 But did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, like unto the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel. 3 For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them. 4 Also he built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD had said, In Jerusalem shall my name be for ever. 5 And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD. 6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger. --2 Chron. 33

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. --Galatians 5

Old and New Testaments condemn witchcraft! It is abominable in His sight.

The audacity of this author to introduce this sickening vile trash to children is beyond my comprehension. The sheer disdain for God's Word gushes forth from every page of this series. Truly sick and evil.

This h.p. series is a sign to our country that we are in serious spiritual trouble!!!
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You might want to check what you are saying.

FACT: H.P. IS INTRODUCING THE OCCULT TO CHILDREN.

Can you back up this "fact?" I mean, show some study that a significant number of children are turning to the occult as a direct result of reading Harry Potter.

Just saying something is a fact doesn't make it so.

Of course, look who I'm talking to.

Upvote 0

Chrono Traveler

Aug 28, 2004
✟16,271.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This h.p. series is a sign to our country that we are in serious spiritual trouble!!![/SIZE][/FONT]

oh noes! Harry Potter is actually getting children to step away from the TV and read!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
the horror!

Reactions: E-beth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The problem is not that they are reading, it is that they are reading fantasy fiction other than the Bible.
I still think that Tolkien was a better writer. Or the guy you quoted in your signature. Pratchett is hilarious (though not necessarily a good children's author).

Upvote 0