Pagan And Proud
Oct 3, 2003
NY
✟206.00
Faith
Pagan
WiccanWarrior said:
Hello again,
Harry Potter is far from a teaching book for witchcraft. All of the "spells" that are chanted in the book series are made up words used in a latin type text. It is silly to believe that the books are instruction manuals for magick. I personally am a fan of Harry Potter and believe the books to be harmless to children of any faith. Children, by nature, have very active imaginations and books such as Harry Potter are intended to enhance the imagination of children, and to help them in their later lives by opening their minds to other aspects of life and lifestyles. Harry Potter is not evil and sheltering children from certain lifestyles will cripple them later in life by being un-educated in that not everyone is the same or believes the same thing. The harry Potter books to not do anything to encourage the belief in polytheism, because none of the books even referance to any God or Goddess of any kind. Just my 2 cents.WiccanWarrior
She has a point. Harry Potter stays away from religion.

Upvote 0

Lunagood

Apr 26, 2005
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I, technically, am a Christian. TECHNICALLY. I was baptised in a Christian church, went to Sunday school, and even church, occasionally. One of my best friends (and her brother, my boyfriend) are the kids of a paster. I totally respect that. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. That's cool. But you people have CROSSED THE LINE.
Are you people HEARING yourselves? You're not making any sense. 'Harry Potter's EVIL' 'It's SATANIC' 'Turning people away from GOD'. That, my dear folk, is ********.
Firstly and formostly (as mentioned above) Harry Potter doesn't even MENTION religion, except for a short point in the first book where it says the Dursleys go to church. Harry Potter has NOTHING to do with religion. It's not even REAL. It's a freakin' FANTASY! Get that through your thick, god-stuffed mindless SKULLS! Any child, adult, any PERSON who is thick enough to turn to witchcraft because they read a childrens novel that mentions spells in a casual, FUN, less than harmful way; spells and magic is a GOD-DAMNED FRICKIN' MORON!! If you are short-minded enough to see some sort of satanism in those books, you're all morons. ALL OF YOU. You know what, maybe you people have a point. I have seen some people act differently after reading the Harry Potter books. They wave around a stick and pretend to beat the evil people. OH-MY-GOD!! Next thing you know they're going to be bowing to SATAN! THat was sarcasm, by the way. Have you people ever even thought of reading the books? Watching the movies? I bet you they won't corrupt you if you just give them a CHANCE. If you read them and still don't like them, that's cool. Maybe they're just not your kind of books. Not everyone likes the same stuff. But if you people are just going to sit here bashing something you've never read, something you've never even given a CHANCE, than you're closed minded IDIOTS. And By the way, I DO expect someone to report this pos and disable my account, but I just wanted to let you know that I don't care, because the only reason I joined this dumb club is to make this single post. So go ahead, just TRY IT before you bash it, OK? That's all I ask. I bid you all goodday.
~Julz

Upvote 0

Lunagood

Apr 26, 2005
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah, I just read some other posts from people who feel likeme just less.. AHEM.. vhemently. But I stand by what I said. Oh, and those two kids I mentioned? My Bestfriend and my boyfriend? The pastor's kids? Well, they're Harry Potter fans to. And it doesn't seem to be turning them away from their so called GOD. HARRY POTTER RRRRRRRROOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKSSSS!

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
The religion I profess is not Christianity, but I believe in God. So I politely request you to leave
Lunagood said:
GOD-DAMNED
out of any future posts. Certainly you can get your point across without such language.

That said, at midnight on July 16th I'll be standing in line to get my copy of Half-Blood Prince.

Upvote 0

Lunagood

Apr 26, 2005
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, sorry, but that's how I talk normally. I'll try to refrain from actually wrting it down. Although hopefully it'll be July 15th at midnight, becasue why bother waiting around till midnight when it's already been out for a day? It is released on July 16th, but at the VERY beginning, right? So you'd need to be in line on July 15th. Which, I might add is only 80 days away! SQUEE!

Upvote 0

Odiferous

Apr 26, 2005
✟114.00
Faith
Other Religion
Wow you guys are pretty goofy. Harry Potter will not lead you to eternal damnation. It was not created by the devil. The stories are really fun to read. Thats it. Nothing more or less. I dont feel possessed or furthur away from the big invisible sky guy for reading them.

Yikes. Its people like this that make the world pass laws against gay people marrying. It is also ignorance like this that causes the kind of discrimination many non-believers face every day.

Silly Humans...

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I *heart* Harry Potter.

I can't wait for July 16. I timed my trip to Egypt so I was back in the US on the release date.

HOoooooary

0439784549.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lunagood

Apr 26, 2005
✟115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heh heh, if I had learned to 'grit my teeth and keep my opinions to myself' then I wouldn't be who I am. I speak my mind, and if it offends someone, then I might apologize if I didn't mean it the way it sounded or they had a reasonable reason, but mostly I tell them to go screw themselves and carry on.

Upvote 0

merryjig

May 1, 2005
✟15,232.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
it would be quite safe to say that anyone who thinks that harry potter was sent by the devil or in anyway encourages anything negative must be nutty as a fruitcake

it encourages kids to read, which not a lot of things do, so it has tro be a good thing

Upvote 0