Zalu

Dec 13, 2010
Puyallup, WA
✟7,790.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey all! My church has these things called 242s (small groups) that meet up once a week and just hang-out together. You get to decide what the activity is, which can be nearly anything (one of my friends led a mixed martial arts group last season :D), and after experiencing one that was basically a discipleship group, I feel as if I'm meant to lead one this next season (starting around 1st of January). I wanted to make it into something like a discussion/discipleship group. I'm looking for really hard-hitting, easily missed, or 'tough' topics. I'm just not sure what those might be, haha. I haven't decided whether I want to keep it strictly college age, or a mix of college age and high school. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks in advance and peace be with all of you!

ServantJohn

Not quite a newbie...
Nov 9, 2010
✟12,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
With the state of the Church right now where so many professing Christians don't even have a very strong understanding of basic Christian doctrine and with so many divisions in the Church, it might be better focusing on topics that most all main stream churches agree on. Try to find topics that unite everyone instead of those which may only lead to more division.

Upvote 0

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
God loves all, but not all will be saved & go to heaven - it's a choice.

God created man & woman for a reason & if everyone were homos or lesbs the human race would die out.

God can use any thing & any one He's created.

God knew you, before you were born & thought you were worth bringing into the world.

(If you need the Bible references, i'll see if my pc will let me get them.)

Upvote 0

lost-sheep

Sep 7, 2010
✟8,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is many hard hitting topics.
I would start with being a Christian and how God says to be lukewarm is the same thing as being cold to Christ.

You can do homosexuality and follow up with the Bible still calls us to love them.

Sex before marriage and how the Bible says to stay away from awaking the beast before marriage... ie no petting, oral, touching, seeing, sex & ect... can add lust in there too.

I think young Christians (including myself) need messages on what a marriage should be or even a dating relationship.

Upvote 0

Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Encouraging holliness in everyday life I find is really hard. I guess it's a largely talked about topic, but I know that it's something that a lot of people don't put a lot of effort into. It's so important to be equiping others to be a holy example to the world.
Best of luck, hope you see much fruit

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you thinking of social topics, political, or spiritual-scriptural?

I would use something practical that would help prepare them to deal with the future.
For instance...

* The economy puts pressures on people currently, but could create some disastrous consequences. What would be the ethics when people are desperate to survive? (Use prophetic scriptures on people darting to and fro, men's hearts failing)

* The Bot Movement has darted into every realm of our lives. Are there ways to protect ourselves from identity theft and defamation, while keeping up with expectations? (Being in the world, not of it)

* If we went to a cashless society, what would our choices be?
(Rev Mark O Beast passage)

* If your region had a natural disaster, how could your church respond? Brainstorm and do preliminary organization.
(Verses on caring for the poor and needy, being proactive in tangible efforts)

* Holiness (Orahh's) in the context of life efficiency, how we spend our time. But create a title spicy enough to get people to come. (-;

* Innovation and ethics -- how much is too much. (Tower of Babel, restraint verses, Solomon's life, Proverbs)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums