Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The following op-ed appeared in The Wall Street Journal on 15 April 2022. Several weeks ago, I posted the first three paragraphs, but I am now permitted to post the entire text.

Happiness Is a Warm Company?
J. Budziszewski

“A hot course at Harvard Business School promises to teach future leaders an elusive skill—managing happiness,” according to a recent Wall Street Journal article. This development was expected. After languishing for decades in philosophy departments, the study of happiness has become a growth industry.

Paying more attention to human well-being is a good thing, and those who try to teach happiness “skills” deserve an A for effort. But does the “happiness studies” approach get its subject entirely right?

Continued below.
Happiness Is a Warm Company? COMPLETE | http://undergroundthomist.com

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The following op-ed appeared in The Wall Street Journal on 15 April 2022. Several weeks ago, I posted the first three paragraphs, but I am now permitted to post the entire text.

Happiness Is a Warm Company?
J. Budziszewski

“A hot course at Harvard Business School promises to teach future leaders an elusive skill—managing happiness,” according to a recent Wall Street Journal article. This development was expected. After languishing for decades in philosophy departments, the study of happiness has become a growth industry.

Paying more attention to human well-being is a good thing, and those who try to teach happiness “skills” deserve an A for effort. But does the “happiness studies” approach get its subject entirely right?

Continued below.
Happiness Is a Warm Company? COMPLETE | http://undergroundthomist.com
Interesting, but I think they got it wrong.
Happiness is a short term goal, and it's also a very flexible goal that keeps changing, depending on what is happening in Life.
Happiness for a teenager is far different than a post grad seeking to make an impression.
And far different from a family man seeking job stability, and finally different again from a widow alone in the World.
Happiness results from needs being met at each stage of life.
That's why it's so illusive, and why it changes.

Upvote 0