Las Vegas, NV
✟8,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How is someone that sheltered even going to hear about the Satanic Bible in order to burn it?

Typically the more sheltered the more "educated" you are on what is bad and to be avoided. Most people in those cases will be able to give you a list of bad things but not a legitimate list of reasons why they are bad.

Upvote 0

AngelusSax

Believe
Apr 16, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the risk of being wasteful, here's what we should do...

Show up to this bonfire, and tell them we've brought Satan's Bibles. Then, take out fake KJV Bibles (has an authentic looking cover, but either blank or random stuff inside--I would never burn a Bible regardless of translation) and make sure they see that it says KJV, then toss them in and see what happens....

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At the risk of being wasteful, here's what we should do...

Show up to this bonfire, and tell them we've brought Satan's Bibles. Then, take out fake KJV Bibles (has an authentic looking cover, but either blank or random stuff inside--I would never burn a Bible regardless of translation) and make sure they see that it says KJV, then toss them in and see what happens....

You probably won't get to eat any of the chicken.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kris10leigh

Actively seeking conversion
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,078.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why fake it? Why not burn real KJVs if that's your intent? There's nothing sacrosanct about ink on paper in Christian theology.

Yeah, but why burn any book? What is so dangerous about a book, even if it was Satanic. It's what's between the ears that really counts, and that thing between the ears is pretty good at reading and interpreting and editing out nonsense. So I am against book burnings too, even it is just to make a point. :)

Upvote 0

AngelusSax

Believe
Apr 16, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I am against book burnings too, even it is just to make a point.

That's why I said fake... well first of all it was a joke, and second of all, if anyone were going to do that, I could not advocate burning any book, really. A fake one that isn't really a book but just blank and looks real (perhaps a cut-away book used for hiding liquor or guns?) is better than a real book.

Upvote 0

Kris10leigh

Feb 23, 2008
✟12,078.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's why I said fake... well first of all it was a joke, and second of all, if anyone were going to do that, I could not advocate burning any book, really. A fake one that isn't really a book but just blank and looks real (perhaps a cut-away book used for hiding liquor or guns?) is better than a real book.

Right...I got what you meant. :)

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, but why burn any book? What is so dangerous about a book, even if it was Satanic. It's what's between the ears that really counts, and that thing between the ears is pretty good at reading and interpreting and editing out nonsense. So I am against book burnings too, even it is just to make a point. :)

I understand. I'm not advocating book burning, simply because of what that's come to imply - and actually has for a very long time (brings to mind the auto-de-fey of the Mayans and the burning of almost their entire works of writing).

But, if you are going to protest in such a dramatic way, then I would suggest that you need to be prepared to be earnest in your intent. Faking it won't cut it, it will undermine your credibility and water down your message.

If the intent is to show up with KJV's with the intent to burn them as an act of demonstrating the absurdity of burning any version of the scriptures, then you had better be prepared with the real thing. Anything less is cowardly.

But more importantly, we must remember that the thing that is known to us as 'THE BIBLE' is not sancrosanct in Christian theology. It's ok to touch the text, write and highlight on the pages, dribble coffee on it by accident, tear out a page to give to a friend, and yes burn it all up if the occassion calls for it.

This church, if indeed it is real and not an elaborate Poe, seems to have lost sight of that entirely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Then don't do it. Don't even suggest it.

If you're going to protest, do it. But don't hedge your bets.

Upvote 0

AngelusSax

Believe
Apr 16, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

LeSigh... Sorry, but this seems to me proof that no matter what someone says, someone else somewhere will find a way to take it too seriously...

Reactions: Kris10leigh
Upvote 0

Kris10leigh

Feb 23, 2008
✟12,078.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Ok, I get your point. But do you get the other point? This topic is so ludicrous, I think the book burning was just a fun comment. Now were we to start a thread on a book burning...

Upvote 0