Hair, tounges, once saved always saved, tatoos....multiple questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here are some questions I have been debating latly with people. Namely that of the Pentecostal persuasion.

Tatoos right or wrong according to the Bible?

Once saved always saved do you need to ask for forgiveness? Like if you died drunk without asking for forgiveness are you going to hell?

Tounges do you need to do it in order to be saved?

How does the holy spirit/ghost enter you that isn't of tounges?

Hair should girls be able to cut there hair? If yes what do the versus in the Bible mean?

Women's dress should they always wear skirts?

I already know where I stand on these things.....and pretty firmly....but if I am wrong let me know...and show me fact otherwise please....Thanks all
God Bless,
XnotAcitizenX

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Galatians 1:15. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16. To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
you're a blessing.png

Upvote 0
D

Drotar

Xnot A citizenX said:
Ok here are some questions I have been debating latly with people. Namely that of the Pentecostal persuasion.

Not everything is so black and white man. It's not always either a sin or a good work. I imagine that God would not reward you for tatooing yourself, but then again, if I tatooed a cross, would He punish me?

Xnot A citizenX said:
Once saved always saved do you need to ask for forgiveness? Like if you died drunk without asking for forgiveness are you going to hell?

OSAS. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Xnot A citizenX said:

Believing that has got to be one of the greatest personal insults to Jesus Christ. You need to speak in tongues (which nowadays is reduced to inappropriate behavior with animals and babbling) to be saved? His atonement is wasted blood until the efficacy of man's actions utilizes it?

Xnot A citizenX said:

Regeneration.

Xnot A citizenX said:
Hair should girls be able to cut there hair? If yes what do the versus in the Bible mean?

This is the epitome of empty tradition.

XnotAcitizenX said:
I already know where I stand on these things.....and pretty firmly....but if I am wrong let me know...and show me fact otherwise please....Thanks all
God Bless,
XnotAcitizenX

I can guess where you stand, and I'm right there with ya. Non-charismatic. :) TTYL Jesus loves you!

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Philippians 2:12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings
loki8.gif

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Once saved always saved do you need to ask for forgiveness? Like if you died drunk without asking for forgiveness are you going to hell?"

Yep, once saved, always saved. We should ask God for forgiveness of our sins, but the acceptance of Christ is the deciding factor in the equation.

"Tounges do you need to do it in order to be saved? How does the holy spirit/ghost enter you that isn't of tounges?"

I'm not Pentecostal and I've never been to a Pentacostal church. But, I think the Spirit reaches people in different ways. The Spirit can just as easily come into those kneeling at an altar before the church as it can those who feel the need to run up and down the aisles shouting. Personally, I have felt the Spirit kneeling at the altar of my church (a Nazarene Church) my church family gathered around me. God knows how to touch us all with the Spirit.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to use the quotes :)

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Xnot A citizenX said:

I don't really know. The church I go to teaches that if you don't already have one then it's wrong to get one. I don't fully understand their reasoning. . .and since I have no inclinations of getting one, I don't really care. :)
Xnot A citizenX said:
Asking for forgiveness I believe, is important. 2 Chron 7:14 says, "If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land".

If one died drunk without asking for forgiveness would they go to hell? Only if they had never excepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's rejection of Jesus that sends people to hell.
Xnot A citizenX said:
NO!
Xnot A citizenX said:
There's only 1 Holy Ghost. He enters us when we ask Jesus into our hearts. He baptizes us with fire, which is usually accompanied with tongues, but not always, when we ask.
Xnot A citizenX said:
What verses are you referring to?
Xnot A citizenX said:
According to the Bible women should dress decently. . .the same for men. That has nothing to do with whether women wear slacks or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Xnot A citizenX said:
I am not talking about getting like a girlfriends name tatooed on you I am talking about Religous tatoos.....do you think Jesus would get mad for those that show your faith?
Personally, I don't believe Jesus gets mad in the way that we may perceive. He says He loves us with an everlasting love. He died for our sins. We are instructed that all things are permissable for us but not all things are advantages to us. In otherwords, it's us who will reap the product of what we sow, and after all is said and done, we may regret making a permanent decision for a temporary feel good.

I think that if our eyes are on Jesus we will do only what He tells us to do and it will in no way contradict what His written Word says. I am however, a fan of the old addage, "when in doubt do without".

Upvote 0
Firm Believer said:
And what about piercings?

What if you had your nipples pierced but had say a "cross" piercing jewelry? :confused:

What do you think? I quite fancy having some piercing done but wouldn't want to upset The Lord :bow:
Being led into all Truth and Knowledge. Work on your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Something that is a sin to me may not be too you! Hello.. God is so good ,He is personalized for every person because he made us. We are all on different levels of growth. Cool I love this so and it frees all men. We are to build each other up in the most Holy Faith. All things in moderation..but if you do something that is going to make your brother stumble dont do it...Only the Holy one in you can tell you. And only if you know your Shepard will you here his voice. And only if you are reading your word and doing the word...and only you know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Chebar said:
The Question is what is it for you?
I love tats but they can really be a stumbling block for some. I dont like to see woman get them in places that show..Peircings I had my nose peirced a few years ago and only wore it for 5 months found that it was a pain mostly...liked the look tho.
These are all so personal things and only God can speak to ones heart on these issues.

Upvote 0

frumanchu

God's justice does not demand second chances
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2003
Ohio
✟62,780.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Xnot A citizenX said:

Not explicitly stated. Matter of Christian liberty to be excersized with Christian responsibility

Definitely OSAS.

Acts 16:31 doesn't say anything about tongues.

Regeneration.

Context is the city of Corinth in which the pagan temple prostitutes cut their hair short and left their faces uncovered as a bold and open proclamation of their role and 'profession.' While cutting hair in and of itself is certainly a freedom Christian women have, in the context of the Corinthian epistle they were basically told to avoid excercising it for the sake of Christian responsibility. The point of that section of the epistle is to show that Christians must excercise their freedom in Christ responsibly because what is good can also be sin.

Matter of tradition and modesty. I would say the same principle is in view here as shorn hair.

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think that the reason of doing it should be looked at...If you are wanting to do it to suit yourself, without consideration of the possiblity that a new babe in Christ could become offended, THEN you would not be walking in love and it would be a sin...

What do you think? :)

Upvote 0
frumanchu said:
Not explicitly stated. Matter of Christian liberty to be excersized with Christian responsibility

Definitely OSAS.

Acts 16:31 doesn't say anything about tongues.

Regeneration.

Context is the city of Corinth in which the pagan temple prostitutes cut their hair short and left their faces uncovered as a bold and open proclamation of their role and 'profession.' While cutting hair in and of itself is certainly a freedom Christian women have, in the context of the Corinthian epistle they were basically told to avoid excercising it for the sake of Christian responsibility. The point of that section of the epistle is to show that Christians must excercise their freedom in Christ responsibly because what is good can also be sin.

Matter of tradition and modesty. I would say the same principle is in view here as shorn hair.
Die Drunk No one can say...Sorry only God knows.
Holy Spirit did not the man on the cross next to Jesus go to heaven?
HolySpirt is a personal thing you may or may not beleive. Tounges only by faith hello ever prayed in tounges? THATS FAITH..U r clueless if you hear it or if your doing it.
As far as the hair & Skirt thing I think it just distracts us from points that matter.. I would in this day and age,never want to even know a God that was legalistic as some churchs are. So the question is are we drawing men unto truth is Jesus or putting yokes and rules on them>

Upvote 0
look said:
I think that the reason of doing it should be looked at...If you are wanting to do it to suit yourself, without consideration of the possiblity that a new babe in Christ could become offended, THEN you would not be walking in love and it would be a sin...

What do you think? :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.