United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the forum Statement of Purpose.

You would not want any anti-Catholic statements in the OBOB forum would you?
I’d expect it if I was posing with dead animals looking like they are shooting. And not even close to being comparable but hey, it your forum. My apologies. Did not know the place existed till last night and I’ll be sure to ignore it in the future. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I’d expect it if I was posing with dead animals looking like they are shooting. But hey, it your forum. My apologies. Did not know the place existed till last night and I’ll be sure to ignore it in the future. :wave:
Safer than trying to pose with a live wild Coyote! LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Ridiculous!
Neither one of them is using a night scope. They won't be able to see a thing in that light.
Coyote never was too "bright" (pun intended)!

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know it was said in jest, but it made me wonder:

Coyotes may be seen at any time of the day — they are diurnal animals, however for convenience in urban areas they have arranged their daily schedules to avoid human activity, so in cities they are active mostly at night when we are not. They can do this because their eyes have many more rod receptors than the human eye has, so they can see in the dark: they have night-vision.

Coyotes, like dogs and cats, have retinas that are almost entirely composed of rods. They have a superabundance of rods with only few cones. Rods require less light to activate than cones, but they only allow you to see black and white; having lots of rods means great night vision. Humans, on the other hand, have predominantly cones and fewer rods. Cones require a lot of light to be fired up, but they allow color vision in bright daylight and they produce a very sharp vision. Cones do not respond to low light: under low light, humans rely on their lower number of rods. Note that for us, at dawn, dusk and nighttime, everything looks black and white, and not very clear or sharp, and we can’t see far.

Rods have a photosensitive pigment called rhodopsin which is particularly sensitive to low light. This pigment actually breaks down in strong light rendering it ineffective during the day, but at night, and when there is a superabundance of the rods as is the case with coyotes, the pigment is created faster than it breaks down. So these animals, out at night, can see pretty well even though you can’t, but they cannot see as sharply as those of us who use cones in daylight.

In addition to more rods, there is another factor which aids coyotes and other critters in their night vision. Have you ever noticed that if you take a photo of animals at night, their eyes shine? This is because they have a sort of “mirror”, called a tapetum lucidum, beneath their retina. This collects and re-emits light back into the retina, giving the rods a second chance to absorb visual information, enhancing their ability to see clearly in low light conditions.

coyote vision | Coyote Yipps
coyote vision – Coyote Yipps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums