One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to find a bible verse, but I can't find it no matter how many times I try.

It's something along the lines of, "guilt shows us where we are wrong" or something like that.

Any help?

The best help i can give you are these verses.

Revelation 12:10-11
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
"Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death."

Guilt shows us that we have sinned and ought to prompt us to go to Jesus and seek to be saved, so from that perspective guilt is a guardian angel to bring us back to God after we have sinned. However the devil, that horrible accuser in our guilty conscience, makes us feel guilty and ashamed and tries to scare us away from having faith in Jesus.

If you put your faith in Jesus then guilt is taken away as His salvation comes to life in our hearts instead. Feeling guilty because the accuser accuses us makes us scared of God, or angry with Him, whatever the outcome we wont seek our salvation in Christ which is what the devil wants so he can work more sin in us yet.

This is the biblical way to deal with guilt.

Psalm 32:5 "Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin."

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to find a bible verse, but I can't find it no matter how many times I try.

It's something along the lines of, "guilt shows us where we are wrong" or something like that.

Any help?

Sorry Bible gateway passage search finds nothing for these or any combination.

Unfortunately the saying is wrong guilt does not show us where we are wrong. Guilt is the knowledge that we are wrong, it is the law that shows us a are wrong.

Upvote 0