Nov 9, 2013
✟244,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was fiddling with the new website UI and I wanted to share a way to curate or filter the "New Threads Feed." I know there has been interest in this, and so I wanted to share what I found so that others can take advantage of it if they so choose. (If there is a better place for this thread, perhaps a moderator can move it. I wasn't sure where to place it.)

In short, the threads feed allows filtering via the checkboxes in the right column. You can filter according to various criteria, including forum, subforum, unread content, "people you follow," post date, etc.

For example, if you are not Catholic and yet you find "One Bread, One Body" threads filling up your thread feed, you can use <this set of filters> to simply remove all of the OBOB threads from the feed. If you want to remove the "Controversial Christian Theology" threads from your feed you can use <this set of filters>. After you implement a set of filters, you can click the "Save" button to make that your default setting. So if we used the curation which filters out OBOB and then click "Save", then whenever we click Forums->Threads, it will default to that setting.

Note that if you checkmark a forum, it will automatically include all of the subforums within that forum unless you checkmark only a specific subset of the subforums.

----------

Edit: From post #3:

'Hope this is helpful,
-Zip

Last edited:

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you
You're welcome.

Here are a few presets that may be commonly useful:

(Because OBOB has so many new threads per day it is useful to have options which allow the non-OBOB threads to reveal themselves)

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0