Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If this is just lately, he may just need to be left alone for a while. I live with my fiance, and so I see the side of him that isn't always happy. When he'd be crabby, I'd try asking what was wrong, with no luck, then I'd try being happy, no luck, then I'd try to distract him or get him to do something else, no luck. Ultimately I would end up being in a terrible mood and wondering if I did something to make him upset, but since then, I've learned to just let him work it out on his own. Sometimes he is just crabby for no reason and doesn't want to explain it or be told he's crabby (that makes him crabbier), so I just leave him alone. If he doesn't quit after a while, tell him that its bothering you, that you want to help if you can. I hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can tell you from my own experience that mood swings can be a sign of anxiety and depression.. specifically depression. He may need medical treatment, or couseling, or more importantly he may have something between him and God that needs to be resolved. Either way he has to make a decision that he wants it resolved. Mental problems can destroy all your relationships. The person suffering may not realize that this is happening.

I think you should pray for him, love him, and talk to him. Do some research on anxiety and depression and see if he has some more of the systems. I suffered from it all of my life and didn't realize it until I was about 27. I went to the doctor, thought I was having heart problems, and the doctor told me I had anxiety, then later diagnosed with depression.

If this is what is happening, he needs to address it now, it will just get worse with time.

The first step is to make sure he has God FIRST in his life.

Upvote 0

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have to say guys are human still, we do PMS we just call it something different, I would tell but its guy code ya know. I have a hard time thinking hes depressed unless something big has happened to him. I remeber being that way, I would say right now there is something going on inside his head he battling, when guys get like this, there is no out, we fight things mentally so much and so hard that it soon becomes physical. i.e. being in a bad mood, and im soory my dear you are trying to be there so you get the short end. Whatever it is thats going on, he cant share, which doesnt mean its a bad thing, just something he cant deal with at this time. Its sad to say we dont realize the pain it causes others, but he is sorry for it, i know he is. Give him time and some space, he'll get through it, but on his time.

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

Jae XVI

Aug 18, 2003
Cali
Visit site
✟136.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, he's PMS'ing :(. But don't tell him that, it would be very offensive to him. It's like asking a girl if it's that time of the month when she's being moody; a very bad idea. You should try to cheer him up with a gift, or a sweet note or something. Maybe he's craving for some chocolate :p.

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
I can tell you from my own experience that mood swings can be a sign of anxiety and depression.. specifically depression. He may need medical treatment, or couseling, or more importantly he may have something between him and God that needs to be resolved. Either way he has to make a decision that he wants it resolved. Mental problems can destroy all your relationships. The person suffering may not realize that this is happening.

At different times in my life I felt terribly depressed sometimes. It's a normal human emotion as long as it doesn't happen over a period of many months, or cause other serious concerns (such as dropping out of school, etc etc.) Also there is usually a reason for such feelings. It sounds as if your boyfriend did have some valid reasons, but didn't know how to bring them up in a way that wouldn't offend you. I would always be careful how I'd bring up any topic that concerned me about my girlfriend, because I care about her feelings. I might say, "yes there is something on my mind, but I have to think of the right words or I might say something I don't really mean."
Enslow

Upvote 0