*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Am I terribly old-fashioned?

I was raised that before you go out in public, you make sure you are clean and decent. I do understand that 7-year-old boys are rarely clean, and that 17-year-old boys with their droopy-drawers fashion are rarely decent, but I don't understand the parent who will take a baby or a toddler out in public who is FILTHY.

I've seen babies who look like grease monkeys, with blackened hands and feet and nastiness smeared all over their faces. It's enough to make you want to lose your lunch! And it's a crime, almost, if you see mom or dad decked out to the nines in a business suit or dressy dress, dragging a grungy kid behind them.

For me, dressing my kids up was one of the few pleasures of having a baby. And it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, either. CLEAN is next to nothing in expense! Heavens, my son was five weeks early, and his first wardrobe consisted entirely of hand-me-downs. He certainly wasn't a Calvin Klein or Baby Gap fashion plate!

I feel so sorry for those grubby kids...

Peace,
~VOW

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
While I agree children should be clean (faces & hands and all body parts) and their clothes should be clean with matching socks and all articles of clothing correlating in some way to match... There is one MAJOR problem I have with my girls.... Their hair. They hate to have it combed or put up. Shelby's I keep in a short bob so that isn't any problem....but Sammy's is curly and wild and she hates for me to comb it or put it in a pony tail..And even if I do manage to comb it, it's a mess again in two mili-seconds.

I often think to myself, Oh..what must people be thinking about that 'do'? LOL!

Michelle

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
My personal maximum irritating pet peeve: Babies in public in just their diaper. Drives me insane. I can't think of anything more trashy than a kid that doesn't have any clothes on. Would the parents walk into Walmart in just their underwear? NO. So why is it acceptable for their kids?

I understand the occasional emergent kid just spilled a gallon of orange soda on their clothes issue, and as long as the effort is being made to find clean clothes for the kid, great. But I see way too many people just draggin' their kids out in a diaper because they're too lazy to grab an outfit from the drawer. Not acceptable.

OK, done ranting.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Dewjunkie
My personal maximum irritating pet peeve: Babies in public in just their diaper. Drives me insane. I can't think of anything more trashy than a kid that doesn't have any clothes on. Would the parents walk into Walmart in just their underwear? NO. So why is it acceptable for their kids?

LOL!  Me too man!  And I'm from the south where this is the norm!

Extra clothes!!!  Keep them on hand!!! :D

God bless

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Right on, DJ!

Hey, there's this adorable little outfit called a "sunsuit" for when it's HOT. Besides, the car seats are usually BURNING HOT when you go out. That's cruel to put that tender young flesh against the sizzling vinyl!

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Dewjunkie 
My personal maximum irritating pet peeve: Babies in public in just their diaper. Drives me insane. I can't think of anything more trashy than a kid that doesn't have any clothes on.

I totally agree.  That is the ultimate in laziness.

Michelle

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,776,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to work in the church nursery, and one thing that always bothered me was when parents dropped off their baby in a poopy diaper. Besides the fact that someone else had to change the diaper, don't they CARE that their kid has dirty pants? Or when they'd hand the baby through the window and you could just SMELL the kid, it was obvious they hadn't bathed the baby for several days. I mean, c'mon how long does a baby bath take?

*rant over--thank you*

Upvote 0